Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 RELEASE THREAD

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
So it sounds like everyone in BG3 fucks everyone else, including animals, and people are buying it in droves. I'll fight my cynical interpretation of that fact and say it's because people have just been jonesin' for another BG game, not a bunch of players whose dreams of a world that's inclusive of everything except heterosexuality and who want to fuck their friends, nature, and pay to watch Minsc fuck Boo. My cynicism tells me it's people tghat don't even know Minsc and Boo, but I'll silence that cynicism within me. I'm sure it's doing mega-numbers because of its genre and gameplay alone. Right?

Honestly it's only slightly worse than BG2/Ass Effect etc, in the sense that all the guys are raging homos. And only in camp. It sucks but it doesn't seem to affect the story much. Kind of like it was an afterthought some woke board member insisted had to be in there.

Elthosian

Arcane
Agree about the level design. My favorite aspect from the game thus far. Pretty much my favorite CRPG in that aspect along with Underrail.
But unlike Underrail, in BG3 there is almost never only one way to enter or leave a location.

Hmm, are there actually any locations you can't enter from multiple angles? Except for the dungeons, but those don't really count, because once you're in those you can approach them from multiple different directions and go through them in multiple ways.

The most linear location I’ve come across thus far is the healer’s cellar in the blighted town and I wasn’t even expecting to find half an hour worth of content and a new sidequest there xD

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath
Considering that the game takes into account multiple creative player solutions, things like stealing quest rewards before getting a reward, high effort everywhere, etc...

I'm shocked that Shadowheart has no comments about getting cucked in front of her eyes. Weird. Must be a Belgian thing.

2023-08-11-0830-4.png

Last edited:

Longes

Augur
Nevermind i take back what I said about it being great. The leap of faith trial is trialing my faith in Larian games.
Just carry Blood of Lathander or cast Daylight, it's barely even a trial.
omfg lol you can click the + sign next to the hotbar to expand it with more rows

this ui is very functional when you "get it" (though I'm still missing hotkey functionality?), but fucking hell is it ever uneccesarily esoteric
Esoteric?

Yes. It's very unintuitive in my opinion
It's a litmus test to see if people are retarded.

If you see them complaining about the UI, they are low IQ.
Come on Swen the UI is dogshit.
How? Which one is sooo much better and why?

It could be more aesthetic for sure but it's really functional.
Wait, I have more.

Let me access the stash as an inventory tab while in camp, a la WotR stash.
Let me access every party member's inventory and stats while in camp, a la WotR. It's annoying as fuck if I need to find a specific item I stuck on some party member, so I have to manually dismiss people one by one and then approach everyone one by one adding them to the party and dismissing them.
When I ask someone to join, let me immediately dismiss a person from my party without having to go to them first.
Make the camp stash its own tab so I can search and stuff.
Let me search by trait names or damage types.
Don't sort salami with the weapons for fuck sake. Ha ha, very funny, now sort it with food where it belongs.

So it sounds like everyone in BG3 fucks everyone else, including animals, and people are buying it in droves. I'll fight my cynical interpretation of that fact and say it's because people have just been jonesin' for another BG game, not a bunch of players whose dreams of a world that's inclusive of everything except heterosexuality and who want to fuck their friends, nature, and pay to watch Minsc fuck Boo. My cynicism tells me it's people tghat don't even know Minsc and Boo, but I'll silence that cynicism within me. I'm sure it's doing mega-numbers because of its genre and gameplay alone. Right?

Honestly it's only slightly worse than BG2/Ass Effect etc, in the sense that all the guys are raging homos. And only in camp. It sucks but it doesn't seem to affect the story much. Kind of like it was an afterthought some woke board member insisted had to be in there.

Do homosexual characters (or, actually, any characters) start to come onto you or flirt/hint at relationship options with them before you choose to answer something they say in dialogue with something suggestive or do they initiate it, themselves, before? If it's only after, I've no issue with it being one of many options in a game about role-playing, but I've seen more than a few complaints that others of the same mind as myself feel like they're being practically sexually harrassed by characters of the same sex that they didn't even initiate anything with, making this obnoxious and weirdly some form of "queer pressure". I hope that's not a pre-existing thing or else I just coined a good one.

Longes

Augur

Do homosexual characters (or actually, any charcaters) start to come onto you or flirt/hint at relationship options with them before you choose to answer something they say in dialogue with something suggestive or do they initiate it, themselves, before? If it's only after, I've no issue with it being one of many options in a game about role-playing, but I've seen more than a few complaints that others of the same mind as myself feel like they're being practically sexually harrassed by characters of the same sex that they didn't even initiate anything with, making this obnoxious and weirdly some form of "queer pressure". I hope that's not a pre-existing thing or else I just coined a good one.
Or you can just romance Lae'zel who is strictly monogamous and locks out any other romance from starting.

Shrimp

Liturgist
How does companion respeccing work in regards to the companions' quests? Does it lock them out of their own quests or do you continue them as normal as if they're still their canon classes?

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

Do homosexual characters (or actually, any charcaters) start to come onto you or flirt/hint at relationship options with them before you choose to answer something they say in dialogue with something suggestive or before? If it's only after, I've no issue with it being one of many options in a game about role-playing

It's actually kind of the opposite sometimes - the hints can be subtle and pseudo-realistic enough that the incels here miss them entirely, respond in the affirmative and activate the romance without knowingly doing so.

Sometimes it's completely blunt though, like Karlach just straight up waking you up and asking "wanna fuck dude" with you two barely knowing each other.

Longes

Augur
Ah. It's possible that I didn't notice anything because I had Devil's Sight on my warlock.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
I'm a pally that means with this shit party limit i'll probably won't take her. One full fighter is enough i think and elf waifu can be my back up tank slash healer/buffbot (assuming clerics work the same in 5E as in the past).

Already i'm compelled to take Astarion because of locked doors and eventual traps shit in the ruins. I hope there's a way to bypass the need to have a rogue for that kind of stuff because with a party limit of 4 that would be pretty fucking annoying.

I'm starting to think i should have just rolled as a mage for my main instead, but too late now, i ain't restarting.

BTW, the intro for the black guy (Wyll) was SOOOOO fucking cringe lmao. I also thought he was a Warlock why did he show up like Errol Flynn?
Shadowheart comes with some stealth/trap disarming/etc proficiency and you can choose a feat to further improve it on level 4. Either that or install the party limit begone + tactician plus mods to get a 5-man party with the same difficulty.

Why? You can reconfig party on the fly to bring in Asstarion for all the dirty work. Seriously are all you tards going to play Icewind Dale every game of your life?

Do homosexual characters (or actually, any charcaters) start to come onto you or flirt/hint at relationship options with them before you choose to answer something they say in dialogue with something suggestive or before? If it's only after, I've no issue with it being one of many options in a game about role-playing

It's actually kind of the opposite sometimes - the hints can be subtle and pseudo-realistic enough that the incels here miss them entirely, respond in the affirmative and activate the romance without knowingly doing so.

I was asking the question to anyone who doesn't use "incels" as an insult. You're on an RPG site. Incels built your hobby in a basement in the 70's. I asked a pointed question, but didn't use "woke" or any other lame generalized words. Don't assume folks are involuntarily virgins just because they missed some dumbass fuck line in a bear-fucking game. Incels keep shooting up places, then the people who mock incels wonder why. Pretty stupid buzz word insult, prolonging actual incel's persecution complex. I'll await an actual reply.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

I was asking the question to anyone who doesn't use "incels" as an insult. You're on an RPG site. Incels built your hobby in a basement in the 70's. I asked a pointed question, but didn't use "woke" or any other lame generalized words. Don't assume folks are involuntarily virgins just because they missed some dumbass fuck line in a bear-fucking game. Incels keep shooting up places, then the people who mock incels wonder why. Pretty stupid buzz word insult, prolonging actual incel's persecution complex. I'll await an actual reply.

oof that struck a nerve huh

dukeofwoodberry

Educated
It's sad we've gotten to the point where every romanceable character needs to be a faggot. Someone said a few pages ago, that faggots would have been happy if they just had the vampire fag. I disagree. Faggots are the most insufferable entitled freaks on the planet. They would have bitched endlessly that all the male characters didn't want to fuck them.

Everything is about appealing to these loud and degenerate faggots these days. It's sad I'm at the point where I'd he happy with a single non faggot male party member to be a friend when that should be the norm. The moment a male party member asks me to "be more than friends" they are dead to me. I don't care about how I can put them down or still being friends after. They're done.

The one aspect that can fix this is having some kind of background/diety/subclass where you are against degeneracy (including faggotry.) That would be awesome. But again faggots would bitch endlessly about how you could have a faction that is homophobic and transphobic even tho they could play a character who hated that type of person. But just having the option of playing a character who was harsh to faggots would trigger them beyond belief.

Elthosian

Arcane
I'm a pally that means with this shit party limit i'll probably won't take her. One full fighter is enough i think and elf waifu can be my back up tank slash healer/buffbot (assuming clerics work the same in 5E as in the past).

Already i'm compelled to take Astarion because of locked doors and eventual traps shit in the ruins. I hope there's a way to bypass the need to have a rogue for that kind of stuff because with a party limit of 4 that would be pretty fucking annoying.

I'm starting to think i should have just rolled as a mage for my main instead, but too late now, i ain't restarting.

BTW, the intro for the black guy (Wyll) was SOOOOO fucking cringe lmao. I also thought he was a Warlock why did he show up like Errol Flynn?
Shadowheart comes with some stealth/trap disarming/etc proficiency and you can choose a feat to further improve it on level 4. Either that or install the party limit begone + tactician plus mods to get a 5-man party with the same difficulty.

Why? You can reconfig party on the fly to bring in Asstarion for all the dirty work. Seriously are all you tards going to play Icewind Dale every game of your life?
I use Astarion pretty often but I guess a lot of people can’t handle him. I’ve found him likeable tbh and since I lost Gale in the first hour and Karlach is stupid I don’t really need to switch people around that much.

oof, that stuck a nerve huh

Oh, absolutely. How could you tell? Was it the words in my reply that you read with your eyes? Guess that MUST be proof I'm one too! I criticized a word's use in this context, so I must BE that word! What a detective. Just make your own identity and stop spouting the same, tired insuits from the current idiotic culture.

Desiderius

Patron
it is unreal how fucking shit the writing is. aerie romance looks like high art in comparison, and i am including the "gives birth and puts a baby in her inventory" section in throne of bhaal. the way they went out of their way to deliberately shit on the old characters is also a nice touch. my condolences to the people that actually cared about the bg characters.

Wow, another posting that claims that the writing is "shit" but does not bother to elaborate in what way exactly it is supposed to be shit. Like we didn't have a million of those already.

Come on, at least elevate it to the level of mentioning something about reddit and twitter or maybe regurgitate the Youtube grifter talking point about zoomer writers who have never known hardship except for picking their variety of soy latte, unlike the basement-dwelling spergs frequenting this here shithole forum.

This is extraodinarily lazy, even by current day Codex standards.

How abou you tell us in what way the writing in this game is good?

Because so far it's been mostly boring except when it goes into reddit tier quirky cringe territory. If it wasn't for the good animations and voice acting the game would feel completely anemic.

Fake news. This game is your hypercreative D&D lore nerd GM on steroids with loads of fun ideas but extremely low capacity for structural cohesion. So the writing's a complete mess but full of fun shit. I can't remember a game that made me feel like I was sitting at a pnp table to the same extend, and half of that is the bonkers writing

Can you tell me where the fun starts exactly?

I'm still early maybe i have yet to see it.

So far this could be NWN2 OC.

When you figure out that party size = number of companions + 1, you just have to determine which ones to bring where, and once you do you’re forced to learn new classes and abilities you’ve never played before and discover things like Hex can give disadvantage on the Saves my MC has had trouble owning as a bonus action and has no save itself?

Naice.

Try TB mode pickpocketing/buglary with the Thief you’re given (choose Thief subclass for the extra bonus action since Rogue makes Dash and Hide bonus actions).

Desiderius

Patron

I use Astarion pretty often but I guess a lot of people can’t handle him. I’ve found him likeable tbh and since I lost Gale in the first hour and Karlach is stupid I don’t really need to switch people around that much.

Thief subclass is super fun in combat too since the extra bonus action lets him re-hide while manuevering.

Longes

Augur
Thief subclass is super fun in combat too since the extra bonus action lets him re-hide while manuevering.
Even better, dual-wield hand crossbows with a Thief, and use your two bonus actions to have three ranged attacks per turn. Fighters, eat your heart out.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom