Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 RELEASE THREAD

Sunri

Liturgist
BTW, i talked to the goblin captive and of course the "Absolute" (lul) is a female goddess. I have a feeling this will be one of many times a powerful figure is always going to be a wombyn.

Meh, The Absolute is just a
proxy.
. There is no
godess but something different.
As for main villains in the game, most of them are
male

But I guess that's also somehow pozzed. Because everything is woke. Everything is pozzed and you have to point it all out.
but it is female

That's a core trope of a hive mind tho and not a woke insert. I swear, people around here are just inventing stuff on the fly in their head just to get pissed off artificially.
i dont care about woke just saying it has female voice and mouth pussy
0xZkV0u.png

Eisenheinrich

Scholar
BTW, i talked to the goblin captive and of course the "Absolute" (lul) is a female goddess. I have a feeling this will be one of many times a powerful figure is always going to be a wombyn.

Meh, The Absolute is just a
proxy.
. There is no
godess but something different.
As for main villains in the game, most of them are
male

But I guess that's also somehow pozzed. Because everything is woke. Everything is pozzed and you have to point it all out.
but it is female

That's a core trope of a hive mind tho and not a woke insert. I swear, people around here are just inventing stuff on the fly in their head just to get pissed off artificially.
i dont care about woke just saying it has female voice and mouth pussy
0xZkV0u.png
Basically Cthylla, offspring of of Cthulhu and Idh-yaa.

Shrimp

Arbiter
Beat the game yesterday and just realised I never actually got to use the horn that summons the ogres from the first act in the game.
During act 1 I kept holding onto it because I figured there'd be a time where I'd need it, but by the time I had ventured into act 2 I forgot that I even had it. Use your items, people!

Sunri

Liturgist
Beat the game yesterday and just realised I never actually got to use the horn that summons the ogres from the first act in the game.
During act 1 I kept holding onto it because I figured there'd be a time where I'd need it, but by the time I had ventured into act 2 I forgot that I even had it. Use your items, people!
You can't even use it after act one it just says that you are far beyond ogre ears

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Same. There's a lot of similar items later that I also forgot yo use. The sheer amount of stuff you can use gets a bit silly.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
After finishing up some companion quests in chapter 3, I have to say that playing as a custom character, you do feel more like a sidekick than anything else. There is nothing really unique about you since everyone else has to same experience, and then something unique on top of that. I'm still kinda unsure about my character's motivation, to be honest.
I read that like you miss being The Chose One.

perfectslumbers

Arbiter
Took down Raphael in the house of hope. Pretty disappointed with how easy he is since it seems he's supposed to be an optional extra difficult boss.

Eisenheinrich

Scholar
Any verdict on the general itemization so far? Act 2 now and it's miles ahead of something like Pillars.
I do miss the oldschool "one +1 weapon" feels really special vibe, but many items enable a lot of buildfaggotry if that's your cup of tea.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Wyll's quest turns from boring to absolute dogshit

There's no option to tell his dad that you agree with him that Wyll did the wrong thing, and the dad instantly goes "oh, you sold your soul to save BG? All is well then." Essentially, the game does not recognize that one can disagree with Wyll's choice at all.

To top it all off, the game bugs out if you save Ravenguard despite saying FUCK OFF to Mizora. It essentially then thinks you did actually make the deal with Mizora.
Honestly, I disliked Wyll as a character the moment I met him. I don't know how well he is written, but he is one of those characters I don't want to see succeeding, I want to see on the ground being kicked. :)

This guy...
What a garbage game.
There's a reason why I never play any bioware games after BG1+2
Have you been hit on the head with a rock recently?

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Any verdict on the general itemization so far? Act 2 now and it's miles ahead of something like Pillars.
I do miss the oldschool "one +1 weapon" feels really special vibe, but many items enable a lot of buildfaggotry if that's your cup of tea.
There are some very good items, especially accessories like belts and rings that remain useful the entire game but it is sometimes difficult to sift through all the stuff you end up finding. Weapons however seem to be rather boring. For example I've not found any polearms that are particularly interesting. Best I have is a halberd with extra force damage.

A lot of the conditional effects just aren't worth paying attention to because most fights are over within 3 rounds anyway.
For example there are items that trigger on "if the enemy has 5 stacks of x" but the vast majority of enemies don't survive that long.

Last edited:

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
NuDnD has this obsession with differentiating sex and gender, so you get "female" Illithids despite them being an asexual race.

Screenshot_20230813-162038-963.png

Last edited:

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
NuDnD has this obsession with differentiating sex and gender, so you get "female" Illithids despite them being an asexual race.

Mind flayers are hermaphrodites as per AD&D 2E's Monstrous Compendium/Manual.

Shrimp

Arbiter
Being forced to use the DND system is probably one of the best things that could happen to Larian because it forces them to not make retarded Diablo weapons with randomised stat spreads and level scaling

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut

Herumor

Scholar
Speaking of items in Baldur's Gate 3, is there a full list of legendary items available in the game so far? I found quite a lot, but it wouldn't surprise me if i I missed some as well.

So far, I'm loving the Balduran Giantslayer and Helldusk armor.

Avarize

Magister

There's no option to tell his dad that you agree with him that Wyll did the wrong thing, and the dad instantly goes "oh, you sold your soul to save BG? All is well then." Essentially, the game does not recognize that one can disagree with Wyll's choice at all.

To top it all off, the game bugs out if you save Ravenguard despite saying FUCK OFF to Mizora. It essentially then thinks you did actually make the deal with Mizora.
Honestly, I disliked Wyll as a character the moment I met him. I don't know how well he is written, but he is one of those characters I don't want to see succeeding, I want to see on the ground being kicked. :)

This guy...
What a garbage game.
I think Wyll could be kinda interesting when you are playing as him but the character is annoying and cringe.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
After finishing up some companion quests in chapter 3, I have to say that playing as a custom character, you do feel more like a sidekick than anything else. There is nothing really unique about you since everyone else has to same experience, and then something unique on top of that. I'm still kinda unsure about my character's motivation, to be honest.
I read that like you miss being The Chose One.
No, but it feels weird having everyone around you connected to gods and whatnot, while you... are just some hang-around? The mystra quest was hilarious. "Sorry, mate, you can't follow and meet the god of magic". While being a wizard myself.
Just had to patiently wait for Gale to finish up.

I don't mind having companions actually fleshed out and have an agency of their own, but the setting is already very epic without giving the player anything cool to play around with. There is nothing personal to look forward to.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I would argue it's the exact opposite: all the companions feel overdone, like they all have sprawling backstories that could be stand-alone adventures in and of themselves. I think having to fight for your life with an alien brainworm in your skull should be enough of a plot hook, but apparently the nautiloid was calibrated to only pick up people who were super special magick awesome.
That's true, but considering how the story is told, why not make for example Shadowhearts quest part of the priest's background somehow? I think it would be more interesting having a personal connection to something, instead of a companion. I'm playing a wizard, and apparently my guy is not interested at all in the wonders at that magical library, only Gale is.

Eisenheinrich

Scholar

This guy...
What a garbage game.
I think Wyll could be kinda interesting when you are playing as him but the character is annoying and cringe.
His patron tho ...:incline:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom