Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 RELEASE THREAD

Self-Ejected
Screenshot_2023-08-13_144918.png

Nice!

Nathir

Liturgist
I had to uninstall this. I couldn't take it anymore. What a garbage game. The Bioware cutscene dialogue, voiced narrator, everything wanting to sodomize my character, the unnecessarily slow garbage combat, the 5e ruleset, and the nostalgia bait is disgusting. 100gb of memory and it's all trash. There's a reason why I never play any bioware games after BG1+2 and it's exactly what Larian emulated when making this game.

And after downloading it for a week or so. So sad.

Nerevar

N'wah
Patron
Repressed Homosexual
Make the Codex Great Again! Pathfinder: Wrath
I had to uninstall this. I couldn't take it anymore. What a garbage game. The Bioware cutscene dialogue, voiced narrator, everything wanting to sodomize my character, the unnecessarily slow garbage combat, the 5e ruleset, and the nostalgia bait is disgusting. 100gb of memory and it's all trash. There's a reason why I never play any bioware games after BG1+2 and it's exactly what Larian emulated when making this game.

Did you get to see the gnomes? They aren't quirky funny inventors anymore hah ha ha. They're all faggots and terrorists. Not a single Gnome told me a shaggy dog story.

I'm not even kidding.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Doesn't help that the Chosen are all Literal Who's with no proper setup or introduction 30 hours in.

I mean, fuck me, the game even goes "Who is Orin? Dunno, lol!"
Meanwhile, Raphael, who's not main villain gets great exposition since the beginning. (And badass song to boot)
He's too high class to be a mere villain. Anti-heroes are different.

That #4 is good.

They're still terrified of the idea that some limitation on the empire's ability to shift populations around willy-nilly could be the humane option.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
MerchantKing said:
Wyll's quest turns from boring to absolute dogshit

There's no option to tell his dad that you agree with him that Wyll did the wrong thing, and the dad instantly goes "oh, you sold your soul to save BG? All is well then." Essentially, the game does not recognize that one can disagree with Wyll's choice at all.

To top it all off, the game bugs out if you save Ravenguard despite saying FUCK OFF to Mizora. It essentially then thinks you did actually make the deal with Mizora.
Imagine keeping the origin characters around instead of killing them on sight.

They range from mediocre to good. The only ones I find actively detract are Wyll and Karlach.

Jaunty

Literate
After finishing up some companion quests in chapter 3, I have to say that playing as a custom character, you do feel more like a sidekick than anything else. There is nothing really unique about you since everyone else has to same experience, and then something unique on top of that. I'm still kinda unsure about my character's motivation, to be honest.
I would argue it's the exact opposite: all the companions feel overdone, like they all have sprawling backstories that could be stand-alone adventures in and of themselves. I think having to fight for your life with an alien brainworm in your skull should be enough of a plot hook, but apparently the nautiloid was calibrated to only pick up people who were super special magick awesome.

Eisenheinrich

Scholar
Doesn't help that the Chosen are all Literal Who's with no proper setup or introduction 30 hours in.

I mean, fuck me, the game even goes "Who is Orin? Dunno, lol!"
Meanwhile, Raphael, who's not main villain gets great exposition since the beginning. (And badass song to boot)
He's too high class to be a mere villain. Anti-heroes are different.

That #4 is good.

They're still terrified of the idea that some limitation on the empire's ability to shift populations around willy-nilly could be the humane option.

yes, those options are pretty much balanced. You can proove your Baldurian purity to the guard OR even shame him for not being a true Baldurian and be even more "racist" than he is.
That said, the do-gooder answers are pretty cringe.

MerchantKing

Learned

Did you get to see the gnomes? They aren't quirky funny inventors anymore hah ha ha. They're all faggots and terrorists. Not a single Gnome told me a shaggy dog story.

I'm not even kidding.
There are Gnomes? Other than the homosexual darkies in the underdark I thought they were all halflings! And even those darkies didn't seem like good Gnomes. I bet they don't even know what a Turnip is.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Suspension of disbelief is the avoidance—often described as willing—of critical thinking and logic in understanding something that is unreal or impossible in reality, such as something in a work of speculative fiction, in order to believe it for the sake of enjoying its narrative.

This 5e shit is pushing passed the suspension of disbelief. It's just too bloated and not focused. We're mixing high fantasy, fairy tales, cthulu shit, sci if. Throwing too much shit at the wall
That's post-modernism. Couldn't get it it up to come up with anything new so wallowing in all the old shit at once.

yes, those options are pretty much balanced. You can proove your Baldurian purity to the guard OR even shame him for not being a true Baldurian and be even more "racist" than he is.
That said, the do-gooder answers are pretty cringe.
No, they're not. Believe it or not there was a time where good was not something merely ironic. Protecting one's family/community/nation from predation (i.e. manliness) *is* good ackshually. None of the answers come close to reflecting that valence.

Reinhardt

Arcane

For this act alone I will leave gnomes alone in DAD.

:brodex:
dumb decision. next thing they will kick you from your own setting.

MerchantKing

Learned

For this act alone I will leave gnomes alone in DAD.

:brodex:
dumb decision. next thing they will kick you from your own setting.
Cool it with the antinanatic remarks.

Nerevar

N'wah
Patron
Repressed Homosexual
Make the Codex Great Again! Pathfinder: Wrath
There are Gnomes? Other than the homosexual darkies in the underdark I thought they were all halflings! And even those darkies didn't seem like good Gnomes. I bet they don't even know what a Turnip is.

Gondians in act 3 they are exactly the same as the darkies but more gay somehow (how do they reproduce if they are all gay?) oh and their inventions aren't funny or zany they are just boring shit that the Dwemer would make on TES.

Grenade launcher turrets, slave collars, zombie cyborgs wow all of them boring. The turrets do overheat and blow up so that is a little funny at least.

MerchantKing

Learned

Gondians in act 3 they are exactly the same as the darkies but more gay somehow (how do they reproduce if they are all gay?) oh and their inventions aren't funny or zany they are just boring shit that the Dwemer would make on TES.

Grenade launcher turrets, slave collars, zombie cyborgs wow all of them boring. The turrets do overheat and blow up so that is a little funny at least.
I stopped before that. But it would make sense that their "inventions" were boring, they are deep gnomes, a subgnomic races only suitable for forced turnip picking.

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Did anyone else notice you can use the spore guy to raise Bulette as long as you stay with him?
56794a84855ebe6a74519cec2170d6bf.png
Or the minotaur that you see when you enter the area. You can definitely have fun with him.
I just raised one of the gray dwarf casters, I think some cleric.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Lmao, welp, i'm actually starting to like Gale. Fucking gay shit can't even have a nice platonic bromance. Probed his mind after he told me about the weave shit and then confessed that i did it like a good Paladin. I'm using the mod that reduces the approval rating but i expect he'll probably be trying to jump on my dick soon as all my noble Paladin actions seem to meet his approval every single time.

Wyll is boring as fuck, elf waifu (refuse to use that turbo cringe name) is pretty anemic too, Astarion i send him back to camp and haven't used him since so i have no idea and the gyth will probably leave my party soon as any single Paladin act pisses her off and i can already see her approval rating dropping rapibly (using the "B" version of the mod in question as well).

Out of the NPCs i have now, i actually like Gale best. Aside for the wine, cat and poetry line (lol is this reddit?) he seems to have a better defined personality than the others which so far are a one note gimmick (gyth is always pissed off, waifu always waifus etc). His reaction when i told him i looked into his mind was on point and couldn't argue against it. Instead of reloading i tried to make amends as i felt it was an ok roleplaying interaction.

This game needs a mod that removes the gay shit ASAP as without the woke bullshit it's not terrible as light entertainment, kinda like BG1 was for the entire early part of the game.

BTW, i talked to the goblin captive and of course the "Absolute" (lul) is a female goddess. I have a feeling this will be one of many times a powerful figure is always going to be a wombyn.

Eisenheinrich

Scholar
BTW, i talked to the goblin captive and of course the "Absolute" (lul) is a female goddess. I have a feeling this will be one of many times a powerful figure is always going to be a wombyn.

Meh, The Absolute is just a
proxy.
. There is no
godess but something different.
As for main villains in the game, most of them are
male

But I guess that's also somehow pozzed. Because everything is woke. Everything is pozzed and you have to point it all out.

Last edited:

Sunri

Liturgist

proxy.
. There is no
male

But I guess that's also somehow pozzed. Because everything is woke. Everything is pozzed and you have to point it all out.
but it is female

Eisenheinrich

Scholar

proxy.
. There is no
male

but it is female

That's a core trope of a hive mind tho and not a woke insert. I swear, people around here are just inventing stuff on the fly in their head just to get pissed off artificially.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Fedora is going full edgelord and no-lifer spoiling the game and shit, so I'm out.

And Fedora: fuck you, bro. You're a fucking piece of shit with all your pics and all the shit everywhere.
I've spoiled nothing, but Im still glad you're upset you little shill bitch.
No one write about anything past Grymforge without putting spoiler tags! :)

Chanel Oberlin

Pineapple appreciator
Patron
"This game is so shit, I was glued to my monitor for a whole week and no-lifed my way through it, so I can tell you all about its shittiness."

I'll never understand these "people".
Did you never get conned by Bethesda?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom