Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 RELEASE THREAD

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath
Oh my.

Codex was actually not exaggerating with all the dudes wanting to homofuck you.

Turns out Dragon Age 2 Anders was the good old days.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
The game starts off fairly tame but each act ups the bigger and women quota and of course adds nigger-coded non-Human races. Act 3 is full on Coontown.

Well good for me I have no issues with women or niggers.

You would if you weren't a faggot.

I almost quit NWN2 because i objected to a woman being the leader of the city guards. It's not only anachronistic, but women shouldn't lead anything even remotely connected to anything military. It's as unnatural as faggotry.

As for niggers, they don't belong in muh Eruopean based setting either. I knew this even as a kid, since i was completely non-plussed by the sorcerer in Diablo 1 but the black skinned paladin in Diablo 2 pissed me off to no end. I knew nothing about politics then, i just recognized how unnatural it was, kinda like a samuari being portrayed by a Scandinavian. Fantasy or not, those games are based on real historical archetypes and should reflect that. Robert E. Howard did it perfectly here. But then he was a racist so he was based.
Wait, are you just admitting that you never grew up?

No, i'm saying i awalys based and red pilled. Comes with not being a faggot.

bobocrunch

Educated
The game starts off fairly tame but each act ups the bigger and women quota and of course adds nigger-coded non-Human races. Act 3 is full on Coontown.

I almost quit NWN2 because i objected to a woman being the leader of the city guards. It's not only anachronistic, but women shouldn't lead anything even remotely connected to anything military. It's as unnatural as faggotry.

As for niggers, they don't belong in muh Eruopean based setting either. I knew this even as a kid, since i was completely non-plussed by the sorcerer in Diablo 1 but the black skinned paladin in Diablo 2 pissed me off to no end. I knew nothing about politics then, i just recognized how unnatural it was, kinda like a samuari being portrayed by a Scandinavian. Fantasy or not, those games are based on real historical archetypes and should reflect that. Robert E. Howard did it perfectly here. But then he was a racist so he was based.

Can't help but laugh when ESLs who can barely string along a sentence talk about being based and redpilled you're literally the goblins in BG3

Eisenheinrich

Scholar
And those are the people who deem themselves qualified to identify good and shit writing. :lol:

"Dem use catalan rey for Rey because it means king and she Kween of Star Wars now. Me bad at age 12 at black man. The Absolute needs a cock or me mad. Niggers bad. Faggot. Hurrdurr."

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam

A) Forgotten realms are not inherently European.

B) Forgotten realms have very powerful male and female figures in the setting, both heroes and villains.

If you quit NWN2 for that, you clearly made a mistake by buying the game in the first place, as Forgotten Realms and many other classic fantasy settings, Hyboria included (Conan the Barbarian), always had females or males in positions of power. Imagine expect historical accurancy in a Fantasy Setting.
You are beyond retarded pal XD.

Who said anything about buying whatever i'm playing an inventory copy nigga what you think lmao.

NWN2 was shit anyway. Hard to force myself to finish it just because i DID pay money for it but in the end i wish i didn't. Never touched the OC ever again after that first playthrough. Only part that didn't make me feel like shooting myself in the face was the trial. That at least was kinda cool.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam

Can't help but laugh when ESLs who can barely string along a sentence talk about being based and redpilled you're literally the goblins in BG3

I should come to the gaming forum more often i love the new fags here who have no clue lol.

Self-Ejected

B) Forgotten realms have very powerful male and female figures in the setting, both heroes and villains.

If you quit NWN2 for that, you clearly made a mistake by buying the game in the first place, as Forgotten Realms and many other classic fantasy settings, Hyboria included (Conan the Barbarian), always had females or males in positions of power. Imagine expect historical accurancy in a Fantasy Setting.

Who said anything about buying whatever i'm playing an inventory copy lmao.

NWN2 was shit anyway. Hard to forcemyself to finish it just because i DID pay money for it but in the end i wish i didn't. Never touched the OC ever again after that first playthrough.
It changes little. Nwn is set in the Forgotten Realms you had unrealistic expectations.

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
Oh my.

As I said, all the companions are turbo thirsty and turbo gay so the average journo is wowed by how incloooosive the game is halfway through Act 1, when they will also have written most of their review.

Self-Ejected
Oh my.

As I said, all the companions are turbo thirsty and turbo gay so the average journo is wowed by how incloooosive the game is halfway through Act 1, when they will also have written most of their review.
There is a bug going on with the approval System this results in romances to trigger even when not asked for. How i know? Well Leizel proporsed to me three times in a row!

Shaki

Arbiter
zTshDHh.png

clown world

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam

Forgotten realms is an hodge podge of various historically inspired settings, with Baldur's Gate being clearly based off European middle ages.

Everything in Baldur's Gate 1 is European based. Baldur's Gate 2 looks a bit different because Ann was meant to be more exotic.

In the intro trailer of Baldur's Gate 3 we clearly see a medieval town being attacked by the Warith, i mean the Ilithid ship.

Niggers don't belong in this game unless it is specified they come from a far off region where they are common.

dukeofwoodberry

Educated
I'm going to take a break from shit posting and give an actual review

Now I haven't finished the game because I had to re start halfway through to play dark urge and get rid of some of the deadweight party members.

Overall I give the game an 8/10. Good game overall but some significant flaws

The Good:

• Combat is great. Love that it's turn based. Lots of different ways to handle combat depending on your build and party. IMO, the game must be played on tactician to actually experience it properly. Had tons of fun on my Divination wizard re rolling die and using my spells as fuck you buttons for the enemies.
  • Some of the side quests and settings are fantastic. Dark Urge was very entertaining
  • Build variety. Tons of different ways to play the game. I'm very impressed how Larian implemented this. I made a wizard (with a 1 level dip in fighter) and thought I was mostly going to have to use Minthara as the "face." But once I get detect thoughts, I could use that spell and my high intelligence to pass most conversation checks. Awesome way to make a it possible for an INT based character to be the face
  • Ritual spells, cantrips out of combat. Had a ton of fun using talk to the dead in certain circumstances. Using can trips and ritual spells to help boost skill checks is well done. You can do cool things with cantrips like minor illusion every once in a while. Hoping they fix mage hand legerdemain at some point so I can fuck around with that.
  • Item system
  • Being able to respec all your party members from level 1. I also like how it is sort of punishing to respecc out of their starting class if you care about story and dialogue so you still feel like they have a background that influences their abilites.
The Bad:

• Worst romance system I've ever played in a game. Game is way too horny. Every party member wants to fuck you just from you being cordial/friendly.
  • Party members overall. Very lame party members for the most part. Shadowheart is decent. Asterion is written alright but my own personal bias I can't deal with this flamboyant faggot's accent and mannerisms. Gale and Wyll are boring as hell and complete flops.
  • Main storyline isn't very good. Really starts to go off the rails and become less and less interesting.

For me the main story isn't that big of a deal. It's a negative but the main flaw is the party and romance. I'm someone who enjoyed Mass Effect 2 with a terrible main storyline because it has some of my favorite party members in any RPG game and still has a great universe to adventure in. The atmosphere is good enough to engross you in this game but the party members really let it down. I like that feeling of being on an adventure with an enjoyable and interesting party. In DA:O I rolled with Alistar and Morrigan my first playthrough and thought it was great. Both were interesting characters with good back stories and dialogue. They had great banter between each other based on their backgrounds. Traveling with them felt more lively and immersive, unlike BG3. This game the party feels lifeless. I couldn't stand when Wyll would try to talk to the other party members. STFU you boring faggot. So yeah it's a good game primarily because of the combat, balance of importance between combat and skill checks, and the variety of ways you can play the game. Party and main storyline are the biggest drawbacks.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Forgotten realms is an hodge podge of various historically inspired settings, with Baldur's Gate being clearly based off European middle ages.

Everything in Baldur's Gate 1 is European based. Baldur's Gate 2 looks a bit different because Ann was meant to be more exotic.

In the intro trailer of Baldur's Gate 3 we clearly see a medieval town being attacked by the Warith, i mean the Ilithid ship.
That is largerly inaccurate. Being historically inspired dosn't mean that everything must be exactly historical. You always had powerful female on power in FR exactly as the males.

SpaceWizardz

Liturgist
I've read people saying it's bugged as fuck after chapter 3. Anyone got this far? Can deny/confirm?
Act 3 has trouble fully acknowledging when certain companions are dead so you get schizo moments where everyone acts like they're still around until it eventually fixes itself.

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
Niggers don't belong in this game unless it is specified they come from a far off region where they are common.
This is NuDND where race and ethnicity do not matter. There are niggers in the Frozen North. The people handling the setting are typical American liberals who think adding black people (and only black people, because those are the only ethnics they know) isthe height of moral righteousness.

dukeofwoodberry

Educated
High fantasy is European inspired. If your game has paladins and priests it's inspired by medieval Europe. Wizards and the like are inspired by Arthurian legends. You get quests like the hag which is all European folklore. Looks silly having a bunch of blacks in that kind of setting. Even something that stretches fantasy as much as this does.

BrotherFrank

Nouveau Riche
Patron
Gonna give this up for now and finally start saving up for a new pc.
I play mostly old or undemanding games so never felt the need for it and bg3 was running fine until the city itself which seems was a bridge too far and can't go more then 1 area without it feeling sluggish af and needing to restart the game every time to fix the memory leak or w/e is going on.
Ah well, can't really blame the game for it, i was underspec to begin with and it was semi miraculous that was able to play act 1-2 without any issues.

Did shadowheart and astarion's final quest and resolved their arcs, got shadowheart sex scene so overall seems a good time to end especially now i know how game ends and that it really doesn't matter too much what i do anyways. Hopefully when i do get back into this game in a few months larian will have fixed the endings and generally polished up people's grievances *fabulously optimistic*.

So final first impressions for what little it's worth since didn't play through to the end, thus opinions are likely to be subject to change for better and for worst.

+Deus ex like freedom when it comes to approaching in game situations. When people praise the reactivity and freedom, i'll assume this is what they are talking about: for the same situation you can do stuff like bribing/talking past a guard, teleport and sneak past, or climb up high and featherfall where you need to be, and probably half a dozen more ways that i didn't think about. Point is the game gives you a bunch of tools and it's up to you how to use it, or you can brute force your way through everything if you're capable enough. Easily game's best strength and what truly makes bg3 stand out from other rpgs.
This is the kind of game you can ask people "how did you handle x situation?" and you will get a bunch of different answers. Best thing about the game imo and a nice evolution from d: os 1 without it being the cancer that was d: os 2.

+Pretty. I'm still not convinced blowing millions on motion capture and voice acting every minor thing is really the way to go in rpgs or a reasonable expectation to have, would rather they have invested it in other things BUT since it's there, can at least admit they did a good job making every random npc seem lively and didn't just blow the budget on cocaine and hookers, no the money is very much fully on display.

+Chunky. Seems like there's lots of content indeed, and the random side quests i did didn't feel super boring or that i was merely being a fedex delivery guy.

+Found the ratio of fighting vs talking and rolling for things to be a good balance and part of what kept me engaged.

+5e might be a garbage system but in this case as another poster puts it: it works great for putting a limit on larian's worst impulses as with d: os 2.
Also some people might call it cheese but i enjoyed pushing people off cliffs to their deaths like this was mortal kombat and generally having to be very mindful about terrain and positioning.
The number of spells and abilities about right too, could probably do with a little more but i ended up enjoying bg3 combat more so then pathfinder wrath which past a certain point felt like an exercise in how to stack as many modifiers as possible. Maybe i am just dumb but never got into the build autism of that game and i was apparently a dumbass for not dipping 1 level in vivisector and stubbornly sticking to being a pure fighter.

-Horrible ui and general clunkiness when it comes to QoL, some of which i suspect is due to the focus on coop.

-Reactivity in dialogue and story seems to have been massively overblown by hype, it's no better then old dragon age games (people praising race and class specific dialogue as if it was something radically new immediately comes to mind) and in some ways, an outright regression.

-Unimpressed by companions for variety of reasons that have been talked to death. Let's just say the hype and marketing acting like this was going to be some friendship/romance simulator proved to have been massive lies, another regression from older bioware games.

-Cutscenes and voiceovers forcing your character to act in ways you wouldn't want them to and telling you what to think. Dragon age and Mass effect games had these to to a degree aswell, but bg3 is really bad for this.

Overall, i dunno if it's the best rpg evar!!!!! and i'll leave that to wiser minds then myself, but i'd say in the end despite its failings and issues, still pretty good and had fun with it even when i started getting annoyed by certain things like how seemingly everything with a penis and tentacles was making a pass at me for simply being nice and sociable. Is this a simulator of what it's like to be a woman irl or something? JfC. But yeah minor gripes aside, game's good enough for my tastes without me thinking it's clearly outright better then other rpgs i've liked.

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard
High fantasy is European inspired. If your game has paladins and priests it's inspired by medieval Europe. Wizards and the like are inspired by Arthurian legends. You get quests like the hag which is all European folklore. Looks silly having a bunch of blacks in that kind of setting. Even something that stretches fantasy as much as this does.
iT lOoKs sIlLy in muh fantasy setting

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam

That is largerly inaccurate. Being historically inspired dosn't mean that everything must be exactly historical. You always had powerful female on power in FR exactly as the males.

You also had powerful females in real history as well, queens and other noble figures (rich women in Rome tended to have a certain degree of influence due to their patronage etc). And in most mythologies you also had powerful godesses that's not the issue either. What you never saw is something like a female general (no, Joan of Arc doesn't count. She led as a saint, not as a soldier) or anything that suggested women could actually fullfill typical masculine roles.

So, ironically, a famale goddess is actually not as "pozzed" as a female captain of the guards in a big medieval city. But observe that the point of the exchange with the goblin was not to establish that there's such a thing as goddesses, but to correct the player's perception, written into his PC, that a term like "absolute" has to automatically pertain to a god.

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Surprisingly good video from IGN

Meanwhile some codexers defend diablo LOL.

You can't spell ignorant without IGN.

It always was inherently European you dumbass. Oriental Adventures Kara-Tur was tacked on as an after thought.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Notice how the original BG games respected the setting's historical influences. BG1 was 100% European while in BG2 you had clearly "exotic" characters like Yoshimo that clearly didn't belong there (because if they did they wouldn't be exotic now, would they).

dukeofwoodberry

Educated
This is NuDND where race and ethnicity do not matter. There are niggers in the Frozen North. The people handling the setting are typical American liberals who think adding black people (and only black people, because those are the only ethnics they know) isthe height of moral righteousness.
What's the ingame explaination for having different races of humans? We have different races of people because we grew up in different enviroments that caused us to develop to adept to this different environments over thousands of years. So why do we have black and white people in this setting?

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
The Kwanzoid reads about medieval trading cities like the major Hanse ports and how "diverse" they were and thinks there must have been Africans there, when the real diversity was "They had Englishmen, Germans, Scandinavians and Dutch".

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom