Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 RELEASE THREAD

Paladin has a lot of appeals of authority you can make through the game. It feels nice, because while it's clearly meant to be a lawful good character, you can tell miscreants that you *are* the law and that they should listen to what you say. Usually Pallies are like choirboys and that's it.
9XQ3ula.png
That's one good example, but it's also a bit of intimidation. In the part where you see the tiefling and the mercenary fight because of the door opening thing, you disrupt their fight by literally telling them that as a Paladin you are an authority when it comes to the law.

Gradenmayer

Learned
Barbarian is fun. You have more options than others to break shit open and intimidate others. You can bash the locked Pod with Shadowheart open with your bare hands, while other pussy classes have to use tadpole powers.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Gameplay is so-so, AI seems very stupid
You play on Tactician?
I play on Tactician, in the first fight with goblins, both enemy and friendly AI insisted on running straight through my grease pool, stunlocking themselves for multiple turns. Half of combatants in the fight did nothing else but run through my grease and fall prone, no attempts to avoid the pool, no attempts to jump out of it, just run and fall, run and fall. Also I noticed they will legit kill themselves on disengagement attacks for 0 reason, it's like they completely ignore being threatened.

Yeah, AI doesn't look very smart so far.
That's interesting. Because I got impressed with one goblin fight on Tactician. They jumped over dangerous pool of various stuff, and engaged me from behind it with arrows.

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
Apparently, I have been sleeping on dip weapon, mage hand, and throw. I just watched a Sin Tee video where he used a god damn candle to give flame damage, then dumped all the trash weapons on the ground for Lazel's magic hand to throw.

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Just your daily reminder of what the game needs the most right now:

SHADOWHEART HAIR MOD UPDATED FOR RELEASE.

Incline (still a bit untested, as for description) :incline:
https://www.nexusmods.com/baldursgate3/mods/21?tab=posts

Who cares about promotional art hair, what the people really want is this:
https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads...o-to-new-thread.135311/page-1030#post-8589968

Get back to me once this noble task has been accomplished.

ferratilis

Magister
If there are any mods that turn Shadowheart into a pale blonde with sexy hairstyle and perky titties, post them here. Asking for a friend.

deama

Prophet
Anyone else having the no audio/sound issue? The logo sound plays fine but then in the main menu there's no sound, and when I try and start a new game, still no sound.

I tried multiple sources, both hdmi and just from audio jack, nothing works.

Tried updating nvidia drivers, tried switching to studio drivers.

Restarted PC a few times.

Anyone got any ideas?

Nerevar

N'wah
Patron
Repressed Homosexual
Make the Codex Great Again! Pathfinder: Wrath
Speaking of new PC does this game have a memory leak or something it is really chugging on my 3080 I'm dipping under 60 frames constantly.

There's gotta be some settings I can mess around with no way this game is that intensive.

ferratilis

Magister
Speaking of new PC does this game have a memory leak or something it is really chugging on my 3080 I'm dipping under 60 frames constantly.

There's gotta be some settings I can mess around with no way this game is that intensive.
What resolution? What CPU? Try using DLSS on either balanced or quality.

Theodora

Arcane
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
My +1 is finally ready to play.:happytrollboy:

I shouldn't have to use that shit to get 60 frames. AHHHHH. I'll give it a try then. Quick break.
DLSS is often worth using regardless. On a lot of games it's better than the AA options included (or at least much more performant), and on some games it even makes the games look better. Does take the devs not doing the laziest possible implementation.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom