Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 RELEASE THREAD

Kiste

Augur
Game definitely starts getting more buggy in Act 2. I'm stuck on the quest re. Halsin's wee bum chum - played hide and seek twice, beat mom, dad and the dog, and now I can see the little cunt on the map but he's not there (I have see invisible ofc) :( Reading around, it seems to be an exceptionally buggy quest on account of the fact that you can do part of it just if you've wandered around in the cursed area and stumbled across him, long before you've got the info from Halsin and done the sick guy on the bed business.
I did the whole hide and seek part long before I even got to the Inn. When the Halsin quest came around, I just talked to the little shit and that advanced the quest.

Psquit

Arcane
Endgame spoilaz

I just killed
Orin
in my good Dark Urge playthrough. Don't know how to feel about it honestly.

During act 3 Dark Urge really felt like the proper protagonist, with all his connections to Gortash, Orin and the entire plot, but now I killed Orin (still need to deal with Gortash), Bhaal got angry with me, robbed me of my essence and killed me in the process. Then fucking Whiters came out of nowhere, resurrected me and told me I'm finally free. That's it? I feel like they dropped the ending with that particular story line.
All that happened cause you were playing a good durge. You should have played evil!

Bhaal is like "i have a gift for you my son! become my agent of death it's your destiny" Then he teaches you kill command that insta kill anything with less or equal to 100 hp. Your butler shows up in camp to give you lore dumps about him and your past. Also your duel with orin is quite epic.

4793.png

https://www.nerfnow.com/comic/3194

Parabalus

Arcane
Endgame spoilaz

I just killed
Orin

During act 3 Dark Urge really felt like the proper protagonist, with all his connections to Gortash, Orin and the entire plot, but now I killed Orin (still need to deal with Gortash), Bhaal got angry with me, robbed me of my essence and killed me in the process. Then fucking Whiters came out of nowhere, resurrected me and told me I'm finally free. That's it? I feel like they dropped the ending with that particular story line.
All that happened cause you were playing a good durge. You should have played evil!

Bhaal is like "i have a gift for you my son! become my agent of death it's your destiny" Then he teaches you kill command that insta kill anything with less or equal to 100 hp. Your butler shows up in camp to give you lore dumps about him and your past. Also your duel with orin is quite epic.
What do you get for durging
Minthra?

Herumor

Scholar
Endgame spoilaz

I just killed
Orin

Minthra?
An erection.

Hagashager

Educated
My friend watched me generate my PC. I made a human male wizard because I like my magic power fantasies.

Homeboy was taken aback by my not choosing a demirace.

"Look, I already live as an exotic 'other' in real life with my physical diaabilities and facial deformities, I don't need to be a Drow or Tiefling."

Given the apparent propensity for cherry-red Tieflibngs, elves and Half-Orcs among all the threads and videos it seems to me being a basic ass human is the exception.

Parabalus

Arcane
Endgame spoilaz

I just killed
Orin

Minthra?
An erection.
You get that beforehand.

Agame

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
If it wasn't for the bugs in act 3 the game would be at 98 metacritic score by now...Fuuuuuuuuuarrrrkkkkkkk!!!!

Next mission for Larian: More and better bug fixers, upgrades to the engine.

Not just act 3. The henchmen are all fucked I could play Da:O on launch and get every scene with all the characters no problem. There is no way to access 90% of the content with the drow henchman. Last playthrough I got loads of interactions from the party and this time I miss scenes and get different scenes sometimes get the same scenes twice it is a bit of a clusterfuck at the moment.
Minthara is definitely not a fully developed party member. Her character is pulled in two different directions, almost certainly like two very different people wrote her. I'd like to reflect more on this before giving my take, but my initial impression is her character was given no clear direction on who she is or what she wants. In the game, she exists as a strong drow female, but when dominated, rescued, and subservient to a dominant male, her character collapses into nonsense. She will approve of the MC acting in terms of gathering power unto himself and disapprove of the MC empowering others. But she'll disapprove of your character killing for killing's sake and such. My issue is her character appears schizophrenic in terms of real gameplay. Of course, this may be my own perspective, but you save her literal mind from oblivion. Your character is her savior. To me, as long as your character demonstrates strength, competence, or confidence, she should be on board in every sense. Otherwise, she faces death.
But it's explained from within the game why she's a bit schizo
It is caused by Absolute's influence on her mind, which gave her pleasure in being an angry cunt and a murdering psycho, including raiding the grove, whereas otherwise she wouldn't be compelled to do so. Once her mind is free from absolute she doesn't approve of senseless killing much, though she still supports an egoistical but practical approach. She will also be friendly simply because she trusts the main character as it freed her from the Absolute.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
But it's explained from within the game why she's a bit schizo
undefined
Which is an obvious cope to retcon her from psycho bitch into party member.

Her whole character is like that. Very edgy but convenient.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Minthara is definitely not a fully developed party member. Her character is pulled in two different directions, almost certainly like two very different people wrote her. I'd like to reflect more on this before giving my take, but my initial impression is her character was given no clear direction on who she is or what she wants. In the game, she exists as a strong drow female, but when dominated, rescued, and subservient to a dominant male, her character collapses into nonsense. She will approve of the MC acting in terms of gathering power unto himself and disapprove of the MC empowering others. But she'll disapprove of your character killing for killing's sake and such. My issue is her character appears schizophrenic in terms of real gameplay. Of course, this may be my own perspective, but you save her literal mind from oblivion. Your character is her savior. To me, as long as your character demonstrates strength, competence, or confidence, she should be on board in every sense. Otherwise, she faces death.
It's almost like the companions in this game are shit. Except maybe Shadowheart.
she's closest to normal person in that clown show. so no wonder people create normal man and romance normal woman.

"Normal woman"

Apparently she's the only female romance option that is willing to fuck the bear and literally everything else. Surprisingly, the most "normal" and traditional romance in the long run, is probably the fucking frog bitch.

I'm romancing her since the beginning of the game, have the friendliness bar at max and she still doesn't fugg me :M And I''m not fugging anybody else!

Konjad

Patron

The schrondinger game. Incline on one hand, utter degenracy on the other, manages to piss off pretty much everybody, conservatives because of the woke bullshit, some journos for being teh hard to play, corporate shills because they don't like a game that doesn't follow their hollow corporate model to be this successful.

This game is basically in a perpetual state of being both good and terrible at the same time.

Josh Sawyer always supported everything to be balanced. Mediocrity in everything, nothing can be good nor bad, nothing can be neither fun nor boring. He just didn't get what Larian did. That the perfect balance is not in mediocrity of everything but in mixing gems with turds 50:50.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
I'm liking the fight at the Moonrise prison. It's probably the first time where I actually feel like I'm facing a challenge.

What fight? I just assassinated everyone and then freed the prisioners is there something cool if you do it properly?
You can give a blunt weapon to the gnome so he can break the wall behind him. This will trigger the guards and a fight will ensue. The eyes call for reinforcements. Some of them are pretty tough. You can do it peacefully but I'm feeling like doing some proper smiting.
You can simply defeat the Moonrise Tower prison guards in separate, easy battles prior to springing the prisoners. The game appears to bug out if you free them by using the lever to open the cell doors, but if you give an implement to the gnomes, they will break the back walls for both themselves and the tieflings, who will all then run for a boat hidden in a dock back there. You can then open the cell doors with the lever, join them, and take the boat to Last Light Inn.

Also, there's an entrance to a small underground area back there, which is easy to miss.

Konjad

Patron
truly desperate times
The first, or even second, releases of Vogel's games were decent enough. Geneforge 1 & 2 were a great games that mainly lacked in graphics.

It's the decades of rehashed content that give him such a bad rep. Avernum was already a remake, and then got remade at least once or twice itself. Geneforge technically had new games, but was pretty stale after 2 or 3 - again and again with the same story, same factions etc.

But if they're still playable, the Exile/Avernum or early original Geneforge series are still games I would reccomend.
Yes, first Geneforges were great, 95% of gameplay was fighting trash mobs.

cretin

Arcane
Douchebag!
I was wondering if Larian would be able to resist the temptation to DOSify the combat, got my answer with the poz-worm superpowers. Its not as egregious as the dragonball z combat of high level DOS2 but its still a little :roll: . Between feats, gear abilities and worm powers, the balance even on tactician seems to quickly shifting towards overpowered.

Swen

Scholar
Shitposter

The schrondinger game. Incline on one hand, utter degenracy on the other, manages to piss off pretty much everybody, conservatives because of the woke bullshit, some journos for being teh hard to play, corporate shills because they don't like a game that doesn't follow their hollow corporate model to be this successful.

This game is basically in a perpetual state of being both good and terrible at the same time.

"MUH WOKKKEE!!"

Just kill any fag you don't like,"muh woke!" fixed, simple as.

Cirventhor

Novice
I really hate this game. I guess the joke is on me for thinking this would be different from the previous Divinity games (which I also hated).

This has all the hallmarks from Larian's previous games that I personally hated:
- overly cartoony graphical style
- terrible writing for the most part
- bad puns and humour all over (yes, I prefer more grimdark settings/stories)
- annoying inventory system, with crates all over the place with useless loot
- terrible camera, especially in places with a lot of vertical spaces
- terrible companions

It certainly does not feel like a proper sequel to BG1/BG2 (which I played back at release). It feels like a Divinity game. But maybe I'm just getting old and bitter and don't enjoy how they make RPGs these days...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom