Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 RELEASE THREAD

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Hey, I haven’t read anything about this game so I still, obviously, don’t know anything about it.
I’m planning to get it at christmas, when the first launch of patches surely have been released.

How much in trouble would the ’dex deem I’m in for going blind on this?

Brain damage? Fun times and brain damage? Something else?
This is not a challenging game on any difficulty. You do not need any special knowledge. Even if you make a mistake in your character build (like making a high charisma low str/dex fighter or whatever) you can correct your mistakes for 200 gold at any time.
Ok, that 200 gold -thing sounds worrisome. Don’t spoil more. I want to get disappointed myself. :p

dukeofwoodberry

Educated
so i met a bunch of companions for now. all the women are strong wymminz who don't need nobody and are way more than capable, all the men are fags. now i do too see the agenda.
One is brainwashed like the ones of her species. Another is brainwashed by a cult. Another is dumb barbaroan with an engine inside that trusts the wrong person blindly and got sold as slave.
Strong womenz indeed lol.

The only strong woman of your conpanions is an old character returning from the past games.

What you are even talking about?
Every companion in this game, save for Jahiera and Minsc, is some flavor of "traumatized, broken bird that needs saving." None of these people are psychologically fit to be saving any worlds, especially their own, yet here we are. None of the female companions strike me as all that strong, they do strike me as exactly the kind of wounded, misunderstood damsels my female players irl adore making for themselves. It's so spot on that I commend Larian for reflecting that demographic so acutely. I have had Shadowhearts and Karlacks in my groups- shit's on point.

Really though, I don't find myself that offended by anyone. These NPCs are fairly tolerable, certainly better than the painful crap from BioWare.
Lmao imagine being retarded enough to think these companions are anywhere near the level of Alistar, Morrigan, Garrus, Wrex, Mordin, Edwin, Viciona, Jolee, Canderous, Hk 47.

Black faggot, Wizard faggot, Karlach are all so bad they're offensive.

Rhobar121

Scholar
It's 5e to mess up a character you have to do it 100% intentionally and it's going to be hard anyway.

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
The one thing I’ve read about it is that people complain about savescummin.
That means there’s a lot of dicerolls and I FUCKING LOVE IT!

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
The one thing I’ve read about it is that people complain about savescummin.
That means there’s a lot of dicerolls and I FUCKING LOVE IT!
If you like dice rolls, you gonna love it
Thanks for the info. I’ve been waiting for a proper diceheavy RPG for a looooong time.

Maybe it even makes good for the undoubtly awful story and gringe moments. Who knows.

Eisenheinrich

Scholar
The decision to write a Marvelesque epic story where the main villains are D&D's main body/eldritch horror monsters, and the main hook being that one of them put a parasite inside of you which is going to devour your brain and turn you into a mindless alien slave, is baffling and seems to have been changed late in development.

This. I remember cleary during EA that Larian stated that the tadpoble/Illithid thing is not the main story.

dukeofwoodberry

Educated
I still can't believe this faggot said the party members aren't bad lol. It's the weakest point of the game (along with the main story depending on what's more important to you.)

The best they did was three okay characters (shadow pussy, vampire fag and la'zael.) They're like 6/10s at best. Minthara is way underdeveloped but isn't offensive. Not a single memorable party member. Bioware almost always has a couple standouts.

The rest are complete trash and honestly embarrassments for Larian. Trash characters that are extremely boring nearly all the time and/or full of cringe.

Rhobar121

Scholar
I still can't believe this faggot said the party members aren't bad lol. It's the weakest point of the game (along with the main story depending on what's more important to you.)

The best they did was three okay characters (shadow pussy, vampire fag and la'zael.) They're like 6/10s at best. Minthara is way underdeveloped but isn't offensive. Not a single memorable party member. Bioware almost always has a couple standouts.

The rest are complete trash and honestly embarrassments for Larian. Trash characters that are extremely boring nearly all the time and/or full of cringe.
Honestly, it's probably a personal thing. The only character I hate is Karlach, but for some reason she seems to be favorite character on reddit.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
At least BG3 will show how popular turn-based RPGs can be, so we can expect some more. The more that are being made, the higher the chance we'll get a good one eventually.

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
I still can't believe this faggot said the party members aren't bad lol.

I’ve thought about this for a while already.
I think in newer RPGs and imposters alike, partymembers are way too literate. I think they should only have some general lines about themselves and the happenings around them and let the player fill in the gaps.
Maybe even offer a chance for a follower to convert to the players side, if something is done that goes opposite of his beliefs, but results in something that he deems positive in the end.
I dunno. Anyways, too much time already in a thread about a game I wish to know nothing about…

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath
I'm confused about Gayle.

What exactly he holds in his bum? A piece of the original weave that was trapped inside a netherese spellbook? Or a netherese orb. Sometimes it's just weave, sometimes it's orb.

Did I misunderstood something, or this is confusing leftover after rewrites?

Be Kind Rewind

Educated
Zionist Agent
This thread grew 40 pages in the last 2 days did something interesting happen?
It takes constant 24/7 shilling from the usual parasites, be they turkniggers living on state benefits in Germany or politicians (same thing) or even NATO shill BINOs (Bulgarians in name only), to suppress how bad this game is. It takes three or four posts from someone who actually plays RPGs to crush their narratives they keep spamming in their containment thread (this one). This is why there are so many posts.

dukeofwoodberry

Educated

Honestly, it's probably a personal thing. The only character I hate is Karlach, but for some reason she seems to be favorite character on reddit.
Its reddit lol. It's full of dumb faggots, trannies and tranny fuckers. Karlach is pretty much a redditor

Rhobar121

Scholar
It seems that the epilogue does exist, it just was intentionally disabled for some reason or just not finished in time.
https://www.reddit.com/r/BaldursGate3/comments/15umpxk/to_those_disappointed_in_the_endings/

I don't get why they didn't just leave it in early access for a few months longer. At least long enough to get the ending finished. Wasn't it in EA for like 4 years already?
I bet they couldn't keep it at EA anymore, I bet they did what they could to make it for an early release so Starfield wouldn't bury the game.
We'll see how many changes the patch will bring. Apparently it's supposed to be 1k fixes that were probably on the premiere if it wasn't for Todd.

It's not really known how much % of the epilogue was finished.
There is a chance that even in patch 1 or 2 we'll see the real epilogue

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
Larian does not understand Illithids.
Omeluum talks about "when we ruled the Astral Plane" - A psionic race like Illithids being in control of the Astral would be an existential threat to all of creation. Although that might be the fault of 5e because it combined the Astral and the Phlogiston.
The Illithid Empire isn't a thing that happened in the past, it's a condition that will ARISE in the far future. Illithids eventually "win" and cast themselves back in time to rule the past as well as the future and also to make sure THEIR future does eventually come to pass. That is why Aboleths, the oldest race in existence with a racial memory, do not remember them.

Be Kind Rewind

Educated
Zionist Agent
Only I read about this in old magazine. I never had Amiga. It shame that none of adaptation became really popular.
Mind explaining why French comics are written by simps? I remember reading Les feux d'Askell and characters lose their minds when there's a hint of vagina. Most of them exude the same lack of sexlife BG3 does, only for young French men instead of morbidly obese genderqueer oompaloompas. It's not in all comics aimed at the French market but it's common enough for one to take notice of it. Always preferred higher quality to the coomer shit myself, like Thorgal.

Hagashager

Educated
This thread grew 40 pages in the last 2 days did something interesting happen?
It takes constant 24/7 shilling from the usual parasites, be they turkniggers living on state benefits in Germany or politicians (same thing) or even NATO shill BINOs (Bulgarians in name only), to suppress how bad this game is. It takes three or four posts from someone who actually plays RPGs to crush their narratives they keep spamming in their containment thread (this one). This is why there are so many posts.
That has got to be the single most unhinged post I've read on this site.

You really need to get out more if you honestly think organizations like fucking NATO have even a vague inkling of what gets said about a video game here.

No bro, there are no CIA glowie spooks trying to gaslight you into liking Poz'D CRPGs.

Congratulations, you managed to make me cringe. You sir are cringe.

Rhobar121

Scholar
Omeluum talks about "when we ruled the Astral Plane" - A psionic race like Illithids being in control of the Astral would be an existential threat to all of creation. Although that might be the fault of 5e because it combined the Astral and the Phlogiston.
The Illithid Empire isn't a thing that happened in the past, it's a condition that will ARISE in the far future. Illithids eventually "win" and cast themselves back in time to rule the past as well as the future and also to make sure THEIR future does eventually come to pass. That is why Aboleths, the oldest race in existence with a racial memory, do not remember them.
DnD has already so many retcons that who knows.

dukeofwoodberry

Educated
Rank the BG3 companions and DAO companions since the games are so similar. I haven't played DAO since about the time it came out

Top tier

T1. Alistar - My boy. Funny quips. Great banter with Morrigan. Good character development

T1. Morrigan - Good dialogue, banter, cool scene where she saves your ass at the end of the game

Decent

3. Leliana

4. Shadow Pussy

5. Sten

6. La'Zael

7. Vampire Fag

8. Minthara

9. Loghain Mac

Boring Tier

9. Oghren

10. Wynne

Embarrassing/Cringe tier

11. Bear faggot

12. Mage faggot

13. Elf (non vampire faggot)

14. Karlach

15. Black faggot

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
DnD has already so many retcons that who knows.
It's obvious that 5E wants to do away with any sort of "Inimical" or "Always Evil" races, so Mind Flayers are just dudes with tentacles now I suppose. Grrreat.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom