Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 RELEASE THREAD

Pizzashoes

Scholar
Brehs, you look fucking retarded. The game is not equipped to have 60 frames per second on peak performance in intense moments for average builds. Here's my admittedly weak recording with weak strategy for my weak build.

I'm a spoiled zoomer. That's why I'm looking for girls of 19-26 age. Frame Counter! Talk about Frame Wrinkle! For Christ's sakes, you guys! The only thing I care about is performance and satisfaction!

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
i really cant decide if i should play this game or not because of the woke stuff , i wont buy it just pirate it but still the woke stuff is very annoying

it looks fun and you can tell that they put alot of work into the game
Whatever you do, wait for Finished Edition.
There's clearly A LOT of cut content in the guts of the game. Some of it will get restored.
Maybe there's a chance we will get the other half of Baldur's Gate, lol. Swen was promising it not so long ago.
Alternatively play now and then replay when the Definitive Edition is out. There's enough stuff for multiple replays anyway

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
I'll post screenshots later. They are quite a crowd.
I can save you the trouble:

It's very similar to the fight I faced, but mine had me facing the strongest ones at the front gate first.

This almost seems easier, since they're all grouped together and you have backup. Spam fireball, use silence or counterspell on the casters, use mistystep items to jump to kill problem units. Rinse, repeat.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Idk, I killed one person in Moonrise before with a dialog option, and it was still a cakewalk. I just brought two casters, hasted both and then fireballed everything at least twice at the start. After that, it was just mopping up the stragglers.
Hasting or otherwise negating difficult terrain helps a lot when the devotees cast the hunger of hadar in the center. My party is the same - two casters, two melee.

However I intentionally didn't cast haste and don't have access to haste potions. I'm rationing spell slots because I want to do the whole tower without resting. I think I only cast two fireballs (one from a scroll), one Guardian of Faith, one Fire Elemental through the whole fight.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
The game is not equipped to have 60 frames per second
Who cares? Turn off your frame counter and play the game, sperg.

In my day, the game would stop every now and then and you had to put in another disc. Muh framerates.
I'm a spoiled zoomer. That's why I'm looking for girls of 19-26 age.
Most men are looking for that regardless of age. And yes, you're a zoomer. Mid 90s to early 2000s birth = zoomer.

samoilaaa

Educated
i really cant decide if i should play this game or not because of the woke stuff , i wont buy it just pirate it but still the woke stuff is very annoying

There's clearly A LOT of cut content in the guts of the game. Some of it will get restored.
Maybe there's a chance we will get the other half of Baldur's Gate, lol. Swen was promising it not so long ago.
but it feels wrong to play it even if i dont buy it , i know that i might not make sense but its like im betraying my principles and supporting the lgbtq movement

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron

but it feels wrong to play it even if i dont buy it , i know that i might not make sense but its like im betraying my principles and supporting the lgbtq movement
yeah, you should sit this one out, wouldn't want you to support lgbt+, go play Solasta I heard it has none of the woke stuff, better 5e implementation and is a comfy fantasy

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
As is typical with this website, the wokestuff "complaint" is way overblown. The reason to not play the game right now, is because the quality of the game takes a nosedive after act 2, and you might as well wait for a sale or the definitive edition (or mods) to fix most of these issues. Unless you only have 3 months to live, just wait. I have plenty of gripes with the game, but you'll likely still have a solid 60-80 hours of enjoyment with it, and it was worth the price (for me anyway)

As for the woke stuff, it's the same shit that happened with WotR. A few scenarios here or there that people bitch and moan about, while you can simply pick another option in dialogue. Don't like the refugees just taking someones home? Murder them. Don't like how the thiefling kids are stealing from the people that gave them asylum? Help them, take their rewards, then support their enemies, watch them murder the kids and get your shit back. Win-win. It's an RPG, and unlike many other actual "woke" titles, it gives you plenty of opportunity to do whatever the fuck you want, but people here continue getting conniptions over the sheer existence of gay characters or some woke agenda being present, even if they can actively fight against it within the game. You wipe out one refugee camp and explode another, and half your companions approve. Much woke.

Something something insecurity something something.

Zeltak

Educated
Patron
Village Idiot
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Idk, I killed one person in Moonrise before with a dialog option, and it was still a cakewalk. I just brought two casters, hasted both and then fireballed everything at least twice at the start. After that, it was just mopping up the stragglers.
Hasting or otherwise negating difficult terrain helps a lot when the devotees cast the hunger of hadar in the center. My party is the same - two casters, two melee.

However I intentionally didn't cast haste and don't have access to haste potions. I'm rationing spell slots because I want to do the whole tower without resting. I think I only cast two fireballs (one from a scroll), one Guardian of Faith, one Fire Elemental through the whole fight.
Screen_Shot_2021-02-17_at_2.52.46_PM.png

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
Hasting or otherwise negating difficult terrain helps a lot when the devotees cast the hunger of hadar in the center.
They never did in my game, iirc. They were too busy burning to death, or getting eviscerated by Minthara.
My party is the same - two casters, two melee.
Shadowheart was my other melee and she kind of sucks as a melee unit. I probably would have done better with that fight had I used Laezel, but SH helped with the Thorm fight by AOE blinding him and giving DOT with her aura spell. She basically tanked him for me while I fireballed or otherwise killed his backup.
However I intentionally didn't cast haste and don't have access to haste potions. I'm rationing spell slots because I want to do the whole tower without resting.
Welp, there's your problem.

Zeltak

Educated
Patron
Village Idiot
Codex+ Now Streaming!

It's very similar to the fight I faced, but mine had me facing the strongest ones at the front gate first.

This almost seems easier, since they're all grouped together and you have backup. Spam fireball, use silence or counterspell on the casters, use mistystep items to jump to kill problem units. Rinse, repeat.

This looks even easier cus Jaheira runs and hide behind a statue in the first turn. For me she ran straight into the fray to melee.

Pizzashoes

Scholar
The issue is, one, whether you're willing to recast spells to try to make your life easier as if you didn't make the correct decision the first time? We all know faster is better. And the question is whether you're pussy enough to reload your previous saves to try to retread over old ground? And, Mr Gurugeorge, do you really want to side with a losing team?

Herumor

Scholar
I forgot to take Speak with the Dead in my evil genocide run, so if I start an omnicide playthrough I might take it for laughs.

BG3 is a legit psycho murderer sim. I'm feeling very immersed.
Mask of the Shapeshifter or Disguise spell are mandatory if you're killing everyone and want to speak with the dead. I got so many "The corpse has much to say, but not to its killer" on my first run before I realized you could get around that shit easily.
Also will Orin kill Halsin? I don't like him so it was incredibly hilarious that he was kidnapped as opposed to shadowheart, but if I tell her to fuckoff and go kill her first instead of gortash, will she actually kill halsin?
You can even prompt her to do it in front of you if you want to get rid of him. That's how I got rid of Lae'zel on my Dark Urge playthrough because I wanted the Emperor to skullfuck Orpheus without her whining in my ear about it.

samoilaaa

Educated
As is typical with this website, the wokestuff "complaint" is way overblown. The reason to not play the game right now, is because the quality of the game takes a nosedive after act 2, and you might as well wait for a sale or the definitive edition (or mods) to fix most of these issues. Unless you only have 3 months to live, just wait. I have plenty of gripes with the game, but you'll likely still have a solid 60-80 hours of enjoyment with it, and it was worth the price (for me anyway)

As for the woke stuff, it's the same shit that happened with WotR. A few scenarios here or there that people bitch and moan about, while you can simply pick another option in dialogue. Don't like the refugees just taking someones home? Murder them. Don't like how the thiefling kids are stealing from the people that gave them asylum? Help them, take their rewards, then support their enemies, watch them murder the kids and get your shit back. Win-win. It's an RPG, and unlike many other actual "woke" titles, it gives you plenty of opportunity to do whatever the fuck you want, but people here continue getting conniptions over the sheer existence of gay characters or some woke agenda being present, even if they can actively fight against it within the game. You wipe out one refugee camp and explode another, and half your companions approve. Much woke.

Something something insecurity something something.
thx , your response really helped

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
I forgot to take Speak with the Dead in my evil genocide run, so if I start an omnicide playthrough I might take it for laughs.
What? No, use the necklace from the tomb on the beach. Gives you unlimited speak to the dead.
Mask of the Shapeshifter or Disguise spell are mandatory if you're killing everyone and want to speak with the dead. I got so many "The corpse has much to say, but not to its killer" on my first run before I realized you could get around that shit easily.
Wat. I had no idea.

samoilaaa

Educated

yeah, you should sit this one out, wouldn't want you to support lgbt+, go play Solasta I heard it has none of the woke stuff, better 5e implementation and is a comfy fantasy
yeah i heard its the perfect game for white straight men

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I wasn't aware you could even kill them before
finishing sharr gauntlet to remove the immunity of the act boss
and then I just went in at the front entrance and told Jaehira to stay with her troops
because I mistakenly thought this game had any real consequences to your choices but apparently that just added the extra challenge of keeping her stupid ass alive from being oneshot

The necromorphs the bosses use for healing all die to fireballs and other AoE spells easily too, trivializing their fights as well.
I admit I am at fault here, because I entered through the side door. If you come into the entrance hall through the entrance to the kitchen, your caster can't target the area where the devotees are, because of the staircase getting in the way. By the time you get a clear line of sight to them, they've cast the Hunger of Hadar, and then you need to negate the difficult terrain/blindness.

So, add "no fireball nuking of devotees" to "no haste", and the fight is not a cakewalk any more.

Pizzashoes

Scholar

Anyway, regardless of trouble, I am going to concede, because my party concedes. They all kind of seem that this is correct? Or at least an inoffensive way to resolve the issues.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
A few scenarios here or there that people bitch and moan about, while you can simply pick another option in dialogue.
People don't like seeing it at all, nigger. The game solicits it to you even if you're just a little bit nice toward the characters.

And it's ironic that I can't say nigger on 99% of the websites online because of the same kind of faggots that made this game not wanting to see it, yet I have to put up with faggotry in literally every product now.

koyota

Cipher
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
For example, the lack of a straightforward, easily-accessible pause button in single player is extremely jarring, especially considering how easy it is to accidentally start characters pathing toward a distant location via a dangerous route.

Love the game, but this is a valid point.

A.I. Does not know how to deal with certain AOE spells (Cloak of Daggers)

Enemies will summon / incubate creatures right into the middle of one, in some cases instant death.

And lordy, If you have a COD active in close quarters and combat ends: party turns masochist pouncing back and forth through it, taking damage multiple times. Wish you could pause just to turn it off quickly.
Same with fire floor damage etc...

Shadowfell Act2 is the only part of the game I had to reload multiple times. Gravity in there confuses the Pathfinding. Going too quickly, companions will take leaps of faith into the abyss causing instant death.

Last edited:

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Jaheira

died on me during the attack on Moonrise Towers. Some people say she still comes back in Act 3 no matter what. I'm unable to revivify her. Is that true? I'm not reloading that fight, although I have to say it's a fun one.
After 5 tries, in which I've been joining the fight from different directions with my group, I think she is almost guaranteed to kamikaze into halberd-wielding fanatics and get impaled on 20+ damage attacks. I'm now going to try this combat with taking Jaheira into the party. She joins in the same way as a summoned creature, her portrait next to your PC. I expect this to make the fight easier, because you're effectively with 5 party members.

I've mentioned this before, but hearing about Jaheira dying easily later in the game makes me even more want to go back and re-do Act 2 from a save I kept where the Isobel event that happens when you get to the Last Light Inn went horribly, horribly wrong. Because it turns out that if that all goes completely tits up (and I mean completely, it's possible to have a complete and utter disaster at that point), but Jaheira survives, then Jaheira joins your party then and there.

It would be quite impressive of the game if there are two completely different paths through Act 2, and it seems like a bigger bifurcation than supporting goblins/tieflings in Act 1.

Anyone gone down that road less travelled? Anybody? I'm just at Balthazar in my main game and I'm loathe to go back and re-do stuff right at the moment.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom