Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 RELEASE THREAD

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Reached Act III, and Swen pulled a Sawyer on me, where he moved the party into a position I didn't enter the scene from, because "muh cutscene". So I took a break a few days.

Act III breaks down not just in writing, but in combat as well.

HEY SWEN... why on earth would you put an entry to the scene behind the villain, if not to have it pay off for those that find it? It's so stupid... man...

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
just disabled everything close to Jaheira
You are disabled.
Did you ask the kids at the playground for a line?
I have to keep the conversation accessible to your level, which is about there.

If you actually want an answer, first attempt was just to scout what enemies are there, as I was just going away from the computer. Second and third were trying alternate entrances - this always seems to lead to all the harpers wiped out because the party isn't there to help them. Fourth and fifth went fine, but I'm looking to preserve Jaheira.

I haven't gone into optimizing and/or countering Hunger of Hadar which is the AA/A2 spell the devotees use to lock you in place. Cast your buffs and negate the conditions/effects.

Last edited:

Pizzashoes

Scholar
Yeah, my local Safeway cashier is kind of hot, but I wonder what are the consequences of fucking a woman who works for Safeway? Are there good consequences? I fantasize about her and want to take her, but she could ban me from the store. We smile at each other whenever I buy booze. What the fuck?

I know a lot of single guys in their twenties are thinking this. What's the play here?

The_Mask My brother, I just cleaned up a spill for you. In cutscenes, your Player character and the character in control of the scene (the difference being another load of crap) are able to interrupt the scene and immediately ATTACK. That is, they can strike with aggression at any moment. It is an excellent component of the game!

BruceVC

Magister
https://www.pcgamer.com/baldurs-gate-3-review/
There are so many BG3 threads Im not sure where to post this but the journalist has understandably given BG3 97/100 and says "I can now confidently say that Baldur's Gate 3 is the greatest RPG I've ever played" and he has completed it so he has real experience

Also are we all mostly in agreement this is definitely a contender for GOTY if not Game of the Decade?

soulburner

Cipher
Technical question. I've read and watched videos showing the game has a major CPU bottleneck in Act 3. So far (act 1) my Ryzen 3600 paired with an RTX 3060 manages to achieve ~90 fps with Ultra settings and DLSS Quality at 1440p.

Could you guys post what your performance looks like in act 3 of the game and post you CPU/GPU/resolution/settings? I was wondering if a cheap upgrade to Ryzen 5600 would make any sense or should I just kill my budget and get the 5800X3D.

Zeltak

Educated
Patron
Village Idiot
Codex+ Now Streaming!
just disabled everything close to Jaheira
You are disabled.
Did you ask the kids at the playground for a line?
I have to keep the conversation accessible to your level, which is about there.

If you actually want an answer, first attempt was just to scout what enemies are there, as I was just going away from the computer. Second and third were trying alternate entrances. Fourth and fifth went fine, but I'm looking to preserve Jaheira.

I haven't gone into optimizing and/or countering Hunger of Hadar which is the AA/A2 spell the devotees use to lock you in place. Cast your buffs and negate the conditions/effects.
You are trying too hard. I didn't optimise either I just wasn't a retard. Hunger of Hadar? Google counterspell. Not more than one should be able to survive on the first round, especially in normal mode.

Pizzashoes

Scholar
The answer to my question of being open and attractive, of course, is to be handsome and magnanimous, and I will do that in my own way. I'm watching a lot of Curb Your Enthusiasm right now.

Shadowheart's voice actress is also a SLUT in real life :shredder:

No wonder the game turned out how it did, everyone involved is some activist twitterista trannoid with pronouns.

Holy Christ! The lads here discriminate on ideas, philosophical views, and legitimate sexual preferences! She denies the ideas I hold inherent. Her beliefs are insignificant and her thoughts are uninteresting.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
You do end up with a serious group of mooks in the entrance hall if you haven't touched Moonrise beforehand, and some of them are hard-hitting with spells.
Idk, I killed one person in Moonrise before with a dialog option, and it was still a cakewalk. I just brought two casters, hasted both and then fireballed everything at least twice at the start. After that, it was just mopping up the stragglers.

The necromorphs the bosses use for healing all die to fireballs and other AoE spells easily too, trivializing their fights as well.

Pizzashoes

Scholar
Technical question. I've read and watched videos showing the game has a major CPU bottleneck in Act 3. So far (act 1) my Ryzen 3600 paired with an RTX 3060 manages to achieve ~90 fps with Ultra settings and DLSS Quality at 1440p.

Could you guys post what your performance looks like in act 3 of the game and post you CPU/GPU/resolution/settings? I was wondering if a cheap upgrade to Ryzen 5600 would make any sense or should I just kill my budget and get the 5800X3D.
I have the 10900K CPU @ 3.7 GHZ/16 GB GEFORCE 3090/ and I'm getting killed on FPS, as in 30 FPS. I'm not familiar with PC specs, but I am getting killed here.

Latro

Arcane
Reached Act III, and Swen pulled a Sawyer on me, where he moved the party into a position I didn't enter the scene from, because "muh cutscene". So I took a break a few days.

Act III breaks down not just in writing, but in combat as well.

HEY SWEN... why on earth would you put an entry to the scene behind the villain, if not to have it pay off for those that find it? It's so stupid... man...
Uh excuse me lil chuddie…this is the top rated game of all time, how dare you lie and claim larian didn’t even bother looking at the final act !!

Black

Arcane

samoilaaa

Educated
i really cant decide if i should play this game or not because of the woke stuff , i wont buy it just pirate it but still the woke stuff is very annoying

it looks fun and you can tell that they put alot of work into the game

Pizzashoes

Scholar
as in 30 FPS
You wouldn't have survived the early 2000s.
My brother, are you implying that if I could have I would not have built a computer to optimally thrive in the times of Baldur's Gate 2 (2000), Starcraft (1998), and Neverwinter Nights 1 + 2 (2002-2006). Is this a joke or a nonsensical threat upon my "RPG Cred," such as it is? I am only 29 years old. I have never claimed anything. I am only as much as any other roleplaying gamer who lurks, reads, and posts.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
My brother, are you implying that if I could have I would not have built a computer to optimally
Muh optimal. There were so many games back then that ran like shit even on optimal setups it was unreal.

And BG2? It was a 2D game with sprites and prerendered backgrounds. What a high bar you're setting. The only issue there was loading times, but it would still lag on certain spells due to early bugs.
I am only 29 years old.
So I'm right. You're a spoiled zoomer, probably playing with a frame counter on screen just so you can complain about it online.

Anyway, it's nothing personal. I'm just trying to justify a stereotype I have about people who complain about playable framerates online. Carry on. :M

I beat the moonrise entrance fight by simply kiting them and my char wizard and ghale spamming AOE. Extra fun when I backed out of the building and the enemy had to walk through their own shadow cloud and the crossbow men had to climb down and chase me.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
You are trying too hard. I didn't optimise either I just wasn't a retard. Hunger of Hadar? Google counterspell. Not more than one should be able to survive on the first round, especially in normal mode.
Let's compare apples to apples. I'll post screenshots later. They are quite a crowd. You are saying you haven't killed anyone in the tower before you attack it with the harpers? And you are coming from the front entrance?

Zeltak

Educated
Patron
Village Idiot
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Let's compare apples to apples. I'll post screenshots later. They are quite a crowd. You are saying you haven't killed anyone in the tower before you attack it with the harpers? And you are coming from the front entrance?
I wasn't aware you could even kill them before
finishing sharr gauntlet to remove the immunity of the act boss
and then I just went in at the front entrance and told Jaehira to stay with her troops
because I mistakenly thought this game had any real consequences to your choices but apparently that just added the extra challenge of keeping her stupid ass alive from being oneshot

At the start of the combat I immediately used speed potion for my fighter, killed that orc lieutenant I forgot the name about and used Gale, Shadowheart and Karlach to kill everyone who were closest to Jaehira and almost all of the cultists. Np if one of them casts AoE just counterspelled that. Then I moved Gale a bit further ahead of Jaehira to make sure they would attack him instead.

But you know you can just throw a lvl 1 spell like sanctuary on her if you really are keen on keeping her alive. Perhaps dimension door works as well to move her away from the crossfire idk.

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath
i really cant decide if i should play this game or not because of the woke stuff , i wont buy it just pirate it but still the woke stuff is very annoying

it looks fun and you can tell that they put alot of work into the game
Whatever you do, wait for Finished Edition.
There's clearly A LOT of cut content in the guts of the game. Some of it will get restored.
Maybe there's a chance we will get the other half of Baldur's Gate, lol. Swen was promising it not so long ago.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom