Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 RELEASE THREAD

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
Where the fuck is Zevlor when he's not in his cuckshed? I need to finish the Enclave quest line and he's disappeared.

HammyTheFat

Scholar
I'm finally in act 3 and why are there suddenly 20 different things I have to do. I thought I was here to collect stones and smash squids, not suddenly get a dozen new problems. This is the last act, not act 1.

A few questions about plotlines I could care less about spoilers for because I could care less about the companions involved:

Is there a downside to having Wyll break the contract vs keeping him enslaved? I don't really like him but I'm on my saint Tav run so I'd like to save the duke 1st and was assuming I could break the contract and still do it. Also, I like his devil a LOT more than I like him. She's funny, he's boring.

Also will Orin kill Halsin? I don't like him so it was incredibly hilarious that he was kidnapped as opposed to shadowheart, but if I tell her to fuckoff and go kill her first instead of gortash, will she actually kill halsin?

Mr. Yuppers

Barely Literate
Really disappointed with this damn game. Not really challenging even on tactition (maybe because I made a lvl 9 Warlock/ 3 Sorc but whatever) , every companion seems to want to throw there gentitals in my face every 5 seconds, the writing bores me to tears. I'm going to give a Dark Urge a try but if it doesn't get better by act 2 im done.

Rhobar121

Scholar
I've always wondered why game developers hold the player's hand so much that they don't accidentally stray too far out of the way.
Now I fucking know. I just read a topic on reddit where people are complaining that they have blocked access to moonrise.
Not only does the game say "you moron go to the moonrise tower" it also gives you a huge half-screen warning.
How can someone be so retarded?

Mr. Yuppers

Barely Literate
I've always wondered why game developers hold the player's hand so much that they don't accidentally stray too far out of the way.
Now I fucking know. I just read a topic on reddit where people are complaining that they have blocked access to moonrise.
Not only does the game say "you moron go to the moonrise tower" it also gives you a huge half-screen warning.
I skipped so much dialogue and even I got the message to go to moonrise, they mention it a million times.

Rhobar121

Scholar
Why do the Duergar have fucking hair goddamn Larian this is like Duergar Lore 101
From the wiki.
Like other dwarves, duergar were typically thick, stocky figures, though beyond this there were many differences. Both male and female duergar were typically bald, with females also lacking the capacity to grow facial hair.
On the other hand, the image comes from official 2e material
LhPZinz.png

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
Ahh this game. Thrinn doesn't move far enough away so she gets caught in the blast powder explosion. If I move the powder it smashes a random torch stand and that's also a no-no and makes the duergar aggro. :hahano:

Rhobar121

Scholar
If you don't like trannies in BG3, it's probably worth saying it, just so other smaller devs know that there is still a niche interested in non-trannyfied games.

Since there are no trannies, only a crossdresser in the circus in act 3, they just think you're crazy and dismiss your entire feedback

There are trannies, and you again talk about the whole game, despite still being in act 1 like you admitted yesterday.

Just because I'm still in act 1 doesn't mean I can't read up about other acts. So, what trannies are there?
I know of at least one bearded lady that works as a guard in the press house.

View attachment 40334
Unusually for humanoids, both sexes naturally grew ample facial hair. Ed Greenwood (October 1990). Dwarves Deep. (TSR, Inc.), p. 5. ISBN 0-88038-880-3.

Rhobar121

Scholar
Ahh this game. Thrinn doesn't move far enough away so she gets caught in the blast powder explosion. If I move the powder it smashes a random torch stand and that's also a no-no and makes the duergar aggro. :hahano:
It's strange in my case it worked fine. The question is, did you put it manually or during the dialogue?

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron
For a bit i was actually torn between finishing it as is or just quit and come back in a few years when they released the ultimate edition and there's some mods that clean up all the stupid garbage, but i think i'm just gonna get it done and then not touch the game until it's been fixed every which way.

I'm also starting to think i should stop trying to read the books. It seems most of the retared writing is found there:

https://www.reddit.com/media?url=https://i.redd.it/wsofw8kt4pr51.png

The dialog is serviceable and the voice acting is consistenly good for what this is but reading the books just puts you face to face with the retardation of the writers of this game. Most of them don't even do a particularly good job at explaining the lore. They are mostly pointless fluff that do very little to explain the world to the player and they are causing me more grief than they are worth.
I doubt this will surprise you, but most of this is official dnd lore. Larian didn't make it up.
As Zed Duke of Banville pointed out earlier, there is D&D lore which is retarded and lore which is not retarded, if Larian decides to incorporate retarded lore that's still on them.
I don't see how the retardation of the average player of a mainstream RPG could come as a surprise at this point.

Last edited:

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
- The Bear Sex influenced hype in normie circles substantially, something both of them agree on. I found that interesting, my impression was this was something that would only influence the zoomer crowd.
Perverted millennials are worse than zoomers about this. It's millennials that were furries, bronies, and who came up with all the Tumblerisms we're dealing with today. Zoomers were just brainwashed by it.

So, you have a subset of millenials that are insane perverts, and probably a larger subset of zoomers who've been groomed by these insane perverts.

Boomers are basically a complete nonissue, as they're busier looking up how to waste their kids' inheritance on vacations, or getting new dentures or whatever.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
Wyll is a walking caricature. I keep wondering and can't settle on whether his authors were idiots, or very smart.
His original version was even more of a caricature. Similar, but less "oh I'm secretly sort of edgy (but not really)" and more straight neutral good.

He actually came across as a completely naïve goody-two-shoes and not someone who was doing a poor job of acting like one because reasons.

I have to admit that the encounter with Nightsong, when you see her turn into a proper aasimar, gets a big thumbs up from me. As an aasimar fan I'm glad we got to see one properly.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
Thread slowing down as people finish the game and grudgingly admit it’s another 6.5 larian game. Latro is right again
It's better than any Larian game I've ever played.

What ruins it is the SJW crap they packed the game with, and the faggot writers inserting their own perversions at every opportunity.

The gay shit takes you out of the game, yes. Oddly enough, and I think I've said this before, but Astarion ended up being probably the only level headed character. At least his story is interesting.

Self-Ejected
*Rolls eyes*
Thread slowing down as people finish the game and grudgingly admit it’s another 6.5 larian game. Latro is right again
It's better than any Larian game I've ever played.

What ruins it is the SJW crap they packed the game with, and the faggot writers inserting their own perversions at every opportunity.
Speak for yourself. First off Siege of Dragonspear is way more SJW and woke because in the game actually npc do virtue signaling to you something it never happens in bg3 they may had put body 1 and 2 and that pronoum stuff but that's wotc more than larian. Unless see a lesbian couple in the game makes you totally get out of your nuts lol.

MerchantKing

Learned
The gay shit takes you out of the game, yes. Oddly enough, and I think I've said this before, but Astarion ended up being probably the only level headed character. At least his story is interesting.
I wouldn't call a character who's that effeminate level headed.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom