Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 RELEASE THREAD

Yosharian

Arcane
Does this game contain woke content and if yes how bad is it?
A bit but it's not that bad

In my opinion the worst parts are:

- superhero aasimar NPC with plot armour who won't shut up about wanting to fuck her girlfriend
- lame companion writing/design in some places
- ugly female characters that the game clearly thinks are 'seductive'

There's also some stupid/inane writing here and there but that's less woke, more just Belgians

Last edited:

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

Dishonoredbr

Liturgist
The Writing in this game way better than DOS2, so far. I played Act 1 up to Act 2 of DOS2 and the (bad) humor was everywhere.

Here there's nice balance of ''Wacky funny'' (most involving Green Skin races plus Animals) and straight moments. Some companions are a bit try a little to hard to funny but i expected worse. The Story itself is pretty whatever, but there's a lot involving the theme of Cult-like behaviour destroying people Sense of Self and bit of discussion about ''Faith vs Fanaticism'' with all characters.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
The Writing in this game way better than DOS2, so far. I played Act 1 up to Act 2 of DOS2 and the (bad) humor was everywhere.
I agree it's better, but the wheels come off of BG3 in Act3, where everything goes in a stupid direction. And I mean EVERYTHING.

So enjoy it while it lasts. Play every side quest. Explore every part of the Underdark. Because seeing how it all turned out really sapped my desire to replay the game.

Padzi

Arbiter
Because the Upper City was cut from the game so late into development, I have the feeling that cut content for the upper city was partially transported into the lower city, and that is one of the main reasons why act 3 is such a mess.

Old Hans

Arcane
Because the Upper City was cut from the game so late into development, I have the feeling that cut content for the upper city was partially transported into the lower city, and that is one of the main reasons why act 3 is such a mess.
yea act 3 is full of cut corners. im guessing ACT 3 was supposed to be dedicated to the Bhaal temple and Orin. Then they just shoved Cazador's mansion into a random location on top of the city wall and placed whats-his-faces' coronation inside a guard barracks.

raeven

Educated
yea act 3 is full of cut corners. im guessing ACT 3 was supposed to be dedicated to the Bhaal temple and Orin. Then they just shoved Cazador's mansion into a random location on top of the city wall and placed whats-his-faces' coronation inside a guard barracks.

It's still by far the strongest act of the game. It's way more ambitious, has way more interesting quests, etc. I had way more fun with act 3 than with acts 1 and 2.

Underdark was deffo pretty rad, same w/ just poking around in act 1 and finding random monsters and such everywhere. Liked the hag too, mountain pass was neat. Temple of Shar was cool. Everything else was eh, Ch 3 was v. lame.

Astarion, tho a flamer, was less gay than all the other companions, help him get stronger and don’t be a fag and he’s pretty cool. Everyone else was pretty irritating, cut off Gales hand in the beginning, he’s the most worthless.

Btw, anyone else think it’s interesting Halsin is desperate to find the forest spirit who’s a little boy? Not like a nymph or dryad or a hot nerid or anything, you know like an actual nature spirit but just a little boy wearing a skirt and a sleeveless vest.

Like ok dude.

jf8350143

Liturgist
They definately planned upper city and bunch of content related to Gotash and just throw everything out of the window.

Gotash just butcherred pretty much every noble in the city and no body cares. The city should be in utter chaos after what he had done.

Barbarian

Arcane
So canonically the Durge is a dragonborn sorcerer, yet the only class specific content you get besides that early camp thing(which has a line of dialogue for each class) is related to oathbreaker pally(my current playthrough class). And it is several instances.

Don't know if this is Larian being random or if at some point they planned the canonical character to be a fallen paladin. Or maybe it is just a more fleshed out class(the only one that comes with its own unique camp follower right?). My first playthrough was rogue assassin durge, and you would think that particular class would have several unique interactions with this origin but it didn't.
A bit but it's not that bad

In my opinion the worst parts are:

- superhero aasimar NPC with plot armour who won't shut up about wanting to fuck her girlfriend
- lame companion writing/design in some places
- ugly female characters that the game clearly thinks are 'seductive'

There's also some stupid/inane writing here and there but that's less woke, more just Belgians

For some reason every single deep gnome in the game is a homossexual.

And there is lots of belgian humor indeed. Like in Van Damme movies.

Yosharian

Arcane
> For some reason every single deep gnome in the game is a homossexual

You lost me, I'm trying to think why you would say that but I only remember encountering them in the Underdark, I don't remember them being particularly flamboyant or anything?

Yosharian

Arcane
Btw, anyone else think it’s interesting Halsin is desperate to find the forest spirit who’s a little boy? Not like a nymph or dryad or a hot nerid or anything, you know like an actual nature spirit but just a little boy wearing a skirt and a sleeveless vest.

Like ok dude.
Halsin is such a fucking terrible character. Boring as fuck and serves no godamn purpose

Barbarian

Arcane
> For some reason every single deep gnome in the game is a homossexual

You lost me, I'm trying to think why you would say that but I only remember encountering them in the Underdark, I don't remember them being particularly flamboyant or anything?

No, it is literally that. That female gnome you track down for the runepowder vial for instance asks you to tell her (female) lover that she is dead. One of the gnomes participating in the dig asks you to save his "husband" trapped inside with Nere and both rant about it if you save them. Then there is Barcus and Wulbren. There are also more I probably don't remember.

That is I think the most woke thing in this game. There are more homossexual couples than straight ones. Older games usually went the route of placing one token pair of sodomites somewhere for being INCLOOSIVE. Larian took it deeper and made faerun a land of faggotry.

One thing I will hand it to the belgians is that most homo couples in the game are lesbian. Less repugnant than shitpushers for sure.

Barbarian

Arcane
Hmm yeah they are kinda lame I guess

I was only thinking of the enemy NPCs who aren't that bad iirc

This continues the owlcuck tradition of "bad guys aren't fags".

There is no goblin fag for instance. One of them actually has hidden a hilarious set of love letters addressed to Minthara for instance.

Sotomonte

Learned

80% of NPCs with some type of leadership are female. 80% of the members of the Flaming Fist are female. 80% of the NPCs with some relevance are people with pointy ears (elves or half-elves... which are supposed to be the least abundant races)... I don't know if that is some kind of woke "message", fan service or It's just some kind of fetish that Larian people have.

I'm still in Act 3, but for now I can say that I'm liking the "feeling" of playing an RPG: constant dice rolls, tactical combat, etc. But the "metaworld" is shit: basically it's like being in modern New York but in a fantasy universe... I would swear that in the city of Baldur's Gate humans are a small minority, it's all full of elves, dwarves, halflings, gnomes, orcs, etc. of all possible colors.

MerchantKing

Learned
It's not Larian who made Faerun like that, it's Ed Greenwood.
Yet somehow, even Bioware and Obsidian seemed to be able to avoid going as far into Greenwood's fetishes in their games compared to Larian. NWN2 has almost no hints of sexual degeneracy in its official campaigns. Obsidian even gave us a great merchant simulator module too! Meanwhile it's on full display in Larian's game.

Turns out the developer can choose to avoid things present in a setting. It's a choice by the developer to include all the degenerate garbage in the setting and Larian chose to include it all.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
What I'm saying is that Faerun is like that from the very beginning, Larian just chose to have that stuff front and center. Everything in terms of sexual practices in BG3 is canon and has been canon since Faerun's inception. It's Greenwood's magical realm.

jf8350143

Liturgist
It's 100% on Larian. I doubt WOTC would force them to show case sexual positions in the very first reveal of the game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom