Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 RELEASE THREAD

MjKorz

Educated
I'd say even wait a couple of months after Patch 7, to see what mods are rushed out.
Spraying 5-10 unique drow themed items in the Underdark in Act I, stuff like Cast Web 1/day or Advantage when attacking in the dark, or other thematic bonuses like that can be fun for RP. More items if you have the Mark of the Absolute, maybe, as that is underdefeloped.
Such item mods should be easy to make, as long as you reuse visual assets from existing stuff. I expect we will get hundreds pretty fast.
Did they fix inventory management? I remember spending hours sorting my stuff in various bags only to find that items don't stack automatically or arrows are not being shown on hotbar
The key to inventory management in BG3 is realizing that there's no economy since you can steal infinite amounts of gear and gold from merchants and thus not picking up garbage items that won't sell for much. Or at least this was the case on launch, don't know if they changed how thievery works.

Reyvik

Novice
The key to inventory management in BG3 is realizing that there's no economy since you can steal infinite amounts of gear and gold from merchants and thus not picking up garbage items that won't sell for much. Or at least this was the case on launch, don't know if they changed how thievery works.
I love having various bags for different types of items like in BG2 so I hope someone will create a mod that adds things like coinpurses, weapon and armour backpacks or tubes for scrolls. So far you can only do it manually and it works like a slog.

I don't like having cluttered inventory. It makes me feel like some hobo :(

Anthedon

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I love having various bags for different types of items like in BG2 so I hope someone will create a mod that adds things like coinpurses, weapon and armour backpacks or tubes for scrolls. So far you can only do it manually and it works like a slog.

I don't like having cluttered inventory. It makes me feel like some hobo :(
You don't like hoarding scrolls/potions in their hundreds for a difficult fight that will never come and items that might be used for a quest you've long since forgotten?

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Potion of Speed is the only resource you should ration, because it requires hyena ears or whatever it was, that only drops from enemies in Act I. So you kinda have a set number of them, and they are exceptionally powerful.
Everything else, use liberally and at will.

Reyvik

Novice
I remember selling all these pots and scrolls for some hard buck and buying slightly better weapons for thousands of gp. I call it 'professional gamer experience'

Old Hans

Arcane
I remember selling all these pots and scrolls for some hard buck and buying slightly better weapons for thousands of gp. I call it 'professional gamer experience'
I absolutely hate the fact that bg3 sticks all these crazy items on random vendors. Like 18 dex gloves? at least make me fight a dragon for it, or something

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
I see there's a few mods for the Slayer form to be better, but what's the best mod for it?
I tried the two that were most popular a year ago or so, and both weren't very good. Attack damage is too low, difficulty checks are too low, extra attacks just don't quite cut it.

Is he wrong?
Yes in general (there a lot of "pretty faces" available in the character creation, that if anything suffers a bit of "Zoolander syndrome") AND on top of it YES again, because "I'm not going to play the game because I can't make my character girly enough" is a retarded take to flaunt around, about anything. With a hint of faggotry, too.

cpmartins

Cipher
I meant more about paying if he didn't like the game CC. I wouldn't pay for a game if I didn't like the first thing about it.
Well I mean, he was wrong about bg3 having good writing I guess. I like the game well enough until act 2. Shit went downhill fast after I started on that little city after you kill Ketheric (great voice acting for that one, Simmons always delivers).

jf8350143

Liturgist
7 patches and they barely fixed anything important other than the bugs. Romance this cut scene that, worthless.

At least add some new spells and equipments.

Asymptotics

Novice
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
7 patches and they barely fixed anything important other than the bugs. Romance this cut scene that, worthless.

It's 7 patches of letting le reddit army pretend that disappointing their fathers was not a mistake.

At least they made one good decision and decided to actually implement modding support in the next patch. Someone might actually make a good game out of it now.

And now with all of the budget and world renown they got from BG3 - they can finally make Gayfinity: Tranny Bear Sex 3 - the ultimate CRPG.

jf8350143

Liturgist

It's 7 patches of letting le reddit army pretend that disappointing their fathers was not a mistake.

At least they made one good decision and decided to actually implement modding support in the next patch. Someone might actually make a good game out of it now.

And now with all of the budget and world renown they got from BG3 - they can finally make Gayfinity: Tranny Bear Sex 3 - the ultimate CRPG.
I doubt the modding tool will change anything. They already confirmed it won't be able to alter the story in any meaningful way. And the modders has added plenty of interesting classes, weapons, armos and spells without it.

processdaemon

Scholar
Patron
Potion of Speed is the only resource you should ration, because it requires hyena ears or whatever it was, that only drops from enemies in Act I. So you kinda have a set number of them, and they are exceptionally powerful.
Everything else, use liberally and at will.
I think Derryth occasionally sells Hyena Ears in Act 3 and there are apparently a few other vendors that have either those or a speed potion once in a while too, but I agree that they're valuable and you should still hoard the ones in Act 1 to avoid having to rest spam later to stock up.

MjKorz

Educated

I doubt the modding tool will change anything. They already confirmed it won't be able to alter the story in any meaningful way. And the modders has added plenty of interesting classes, weapons, armos and spells without it.
Modding tools alone won't change anything indeed. For modding tools to be used, you need a dedicated and talented modding community. Last time I checked (which was years ago), Divinity games never had any new adventure modules worth playing.

Hydro

Educated
IMG-3787.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom