Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 RELEASE THREAD

Swen

Scholar
Shitposter
afbeelding.png

>BONUS: Makes the Codex seethe 24/7

afbeelding.png

Last edited:

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The whole patching process of that game has been weird. I mean, is it early access or is it not? This is not just some random patches. We have content being added still...

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Do we know of any modding projects?

I have a feeling this won't be getting anything significant, just like the Divinity games.

Hydro

Educated
SCS my ass lol. It’s a Larian game, its modding community revolves around more options to dye hair, customize genitalia and romance new exotic species lol. Nexus is pretty representative in this regard.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
SCS my ass lol. It’s a Larian game, its modding community revolves around more options to dye hair, customize genitalia and romance new exotic species lol. Nexus is pretty representative in this regard.

Erm, there are already numerous difficulty mods, attacking the problem from different angles (more tricksy AI, bloat, etc.)

It's true that in terms of sheer bulk the cosmetic/dressup stuff is overwhelming, but there are tons of "serious" mods for the game too.

I spent 200 hours in this game, beat it trice (2 times were together with friend). And finally I can say - it's a piece of shit, with laughable writing, dull characters and boring combat system. And magic system is so freaking bad with 3.5 useful spells.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Erm, there are already numerous difficulty mods
Anything that makes the game more like actual 5e rules?

Yes, there are several modders who've done their own versions of RAW and others who explore some of the experimental rule change propositions (forget what the term is?). Some of them try to make their changes compatible with other popular mods, some don't, so it's a bit of a minefield and would require some research and experiment, so it's probably not worth it at the end of the day.

After fiddling around with those for a while, I found that the way Larian implemented the gameplay, while it drifts quite far from 5e at times (at least as I understand 5e from Solasta, which I gather is more faithful), most of the changes make the game a bit more breezy and flow-ey to play, and if you get one of the better AI overhaul mods (there are several) plus a mob bloat mod (again, there are several) it's probably better just to let Larian's version of 5e be Larian's version of 5e.

Velut

Novice
I finally got my hands on the game and would like to ask a few things.
Is there any point in waiting for last big patch? I know it wil add evil endings and I'm planning to go for evil run, but I don't care much for the endings, however I'm willing to wait if they add more stuff to do for the evil run (from what I got, it lacks the content compare to normal run).
How hard the combat is? I remember that Divinity original sin 2 was rather easy even on high difficulty, especially with barrelmancy.

processdaemon

Scholar
Patron
Is there any point in waiting for last big patch? I know it wil add evil endings and I'm planning to go for evil run, but I don't care much for the endings, however I'm willing to wait if they add more stuff to do for the evil run (from what I got, it lacks the content compare to normal run).
How hard the combat is? I remember that Divinity original sin 2 was rather easy even on high difficulty, especially with barrelmancy.
They are apparently adding more Dark Urge reactivity throughout in Patch 7 if you're planning to play through that Origin, but I don't know how substantial it will be.

In terms of difficulty I'd say it's noticeably easier than D:OS2 on Tactician. Honour Mode spices some of the bosses up a bit and there's an option to keep playing 'dishonourably' (i.e. normally but without the achievement) if you die so I'd recommend starting on that if you found D:OS2 too easy. Also, if you wait until Patch 7 they'll be adding the Honour Mode difficulty options to custom so you could get the Legendary actions without having to bother with the single save system at all.

Last edited:

Barbarian

Arcane
They already made it clear that modding tools won't allow new quests or content. So officially supported mods will only include aesthetics, UI, tweaks and difficulty.

Wouldn't be surprised at all if this game keeps being modded several years down the line with the devotion that the original games had or even more though.

I also don't expect a "definitive edition". This was released on all platforms from day 1 so there is no financial incentive. There is also all the behind the scenes butthurt with WOTC. They were obviously working on dlc and suddenly announced that they decided to move on to a new game and were not working on D&D anymore.

Barbarian

Arcane
They are apparently adding more Dark Urge reactivity throughout in Patch 7 if you're planning to play through that Origin, but I don't know how substantial it will be.

In terms of difficulty I'd say it's noticeably easier than D:OS2 on Tactician. Honour Mode spices some of the bosses up a bit and there's an option to keep playing 'dishonourably' (i.e. normally but without the achievement) if you die so I'd recommend starting on that if you found D:OS2 too easy. Also, if you wait until Patch 7 they'll be adding the Honour Mode difficulty options to custom so you could get the Legendary actions without having to bother with the single save system at all.

They only talked about "evil endings", and not necessarily limited to Durge though that is what they showcased in the updates. Content addition will be minor and they made it clear this is the last major patch.

processdaemon

Scholar
Patron

They only talked about "evil endings", and not necessarily limited to Durge though that is what they showcased in the updates. Content addition will be minor and they made it clear this is the last major patch.
They also said they were adding reactivity for The Dark Urge in their most recent post.

• Dotted more Dark Urge reactivity (dialogue options and Narrator lines) into dialogues across the game.
Like I said, it's unclear how substantial it will be (probably not very) but it's worth mentioning to someone planning to do an evil run in case they want to see absolutely everything.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom