Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 RELEASE THREAD

KeAShizuku

Educated
They hated the Imoen romance mod. If only they had known about the degeneracy of Baldurs Gate 3 awaiting them in the future...

Hydro

Educated
Only real woke thing in Act 3
The whole act 3 is about helping rapefugies to infiltrate the city. Right, no agenda here folks.

The whole Bhall stuff is lame with the main villain being the girl with issues. They even had to resurrect Sarevok unable to handle the character in any meaningful way.

They even had to resurrect witch Aunty, cause apparently soy sippers were too exhausted working with convoluted main plot.

Also anybody who thinks the song playing during the fight with Raphael is good deserves full lobotomy.

Barbarian

Arcane
I never got to actually hear the song when I fought him.

Maybe because both times I rigged the soul pillars with smokepowder before the fight and blew them up first round.

Mortmal

Arcane
Games shouldn't be balanced around completionists, at any rate.

Do most players leave the map unexplored and ignore quests received?

Don't think so. Even if you skip a lot you will probably get enough XP to reach level 15 throughout the game.

It is bad balance. Cant remember any game where you reach level cap so soon and without effort. Even cuckfinder games were well balanced in that regard(and you had an exploit to level up faster with a smaller party, something that bg3 does not have)
You get XP with no effort because the system, once again, is not intended to work like this. It's designed for a dungeon crawl with limited rest. An open-ended approach doesn't fit unless you simply award levels for reaching certain points in the story, but I guess you would be miserable with that option. Then you complain about the game not including higher levels. The system breaks at these levels—a party of adventurers becomes more like an Avengers unit at that point, so you would end up even more miserable than you are right now, if such a thing were possible, of course. So no matter what, you will end up in a spiral of depression and despair.You should drop those computer RPG things; they just hurt you.

jf8350143

Liturgist
Ehh, I hate act 3 but I don't think its story is about refugees. There is one quest where you decide whether you should force a home owner to let refugee live in his home(Its writing is stupid as fuck), but that's it. Other than that all you can do is visit their camp and talk to some of them and that's it.

If the story is actually about dealing with the refugee it might be better than what we get now because at least it ties back to the army of the Absolute which they pretty much just ignored completely in act 3. And maybe you can have some interesting political conversation with the nobles and Gortash about it, help them to take advantage of the refugees etc. Could be a decent lawful evil route, unlike the shitty chaotic evil route the game offers.

jf8350143

Liturgist
Only real woke thing in Act 3
The whole act 3 is about helping rapefugies to infiltrate the city. Right, no agenda here folks.

The whole Bhall stuff is lame with the main villain being the girl with issues. They even had to resurrect Sarevok unable to handle the character in any meaningful way.

They even had to resurrect witch Aunty, cause apparently soy sippers were too exhausted working with convoluted main plot.

Also anybody who thinks the song playing during the fight with Raphael is good deserves full lobotomy.
I never understand why they have to bring back the hag from act 1. It's hinted there are other hags and at least one of them is at Baldur's Gate, they could just use another hag, it's not like the quest relies on her being the same hag from act 1.

Old Hans

Arcane
Act 3 is all about MUH REFUGEES WHO DINDU NUFFIN not being allowed into the city.
WRONG! act 3 is all about flying up onto rooftops casting cloud kill and fireballs on civilians and flaming fist guards

I never understand why they have to bring back the hag from act 1. It's hinted there are other hags and at least one of them is at Baldur's Gate, they could just use another hag, it's not like the quest relies on her being the same hag from act 1.
I think the hags were supposed to play a bigger role in the game, but knowing larian they probably dropped it in favor of re-writing the entire story because some early access twink complained the companions were too mean

Last edited:

MerchantKing

Learned
is every side quest so darn good (I only played Act I) that you feel like you're missing out or can you just not stop touching the poop

Act 3: nothing is good.
FAKE NEWS!

So many cool thing that happen in Act 3.

The bhaalist and guild quests are okay. Also some set fights(e.g: Ramazith's Tower and Iron Throne). Otherwise it is all pretty meh.

Seems like they left most of the woke for act 3 as well.
The carnival is very good with a lot happening if you explored, house of hope, all the small side quests, exploring the city itself,...

Only real woke thing in Act 3 is the transvestite at the circus and some gay couples, comments from random city dwellers. The only thing that bothered me are indeed the fact there are multiple gay couples in the game, should've toned that down. Still, can get rid of them easily anyway lol.

I think Act 3 was better than Act 2 and that was good too.

Act 3 is all about MUH REFUGEES WHO DINDU NUFFIN not being allowed into the city.
MOST DIVERSE CITY IN THE REALMS
(Which Im fairly sure is wrong because in Kara-Tur they have Spelljammer ports.)
And somehow there isn't a single Gnome in the game. There likely isn't even a single Dwarf either. There are only halflings and deep halflings.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
It's like a Disney song, so if you like Disney movies, I'm sure you'll like it.

I don't think it was terrible, just lame to put into a game. But it's hardly the worst thing about BG3 or Act 3.
The whole game is about them. It makes me almost grateful for the companion quests, since it gives you something to focus on beside the endlessly repeated refugee question.

Druid enclave in Act 1? Demon refugees. Underdark? Gnome refugees. Last Light in Act 2? Same refugees from Act 1. Act 3? Refugees in the city.

Do you get it yet, Swen? Do you understand how much I sympathize for refugees after I've killed them all several times?

I miss Arcanum. Every location had different factions with all sorts of absurd ideas, and you could side with almost any of them, right up to the villain at the end of the game.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

Do most players leave the map unexplored and ignore quests received?

Don't think so. Even if you skip a lot you will probably get enough XP to reach level 15 throughout the game.

It is bad balance. Cant remember any game where you reach level cap so soon and without effort. Even cuckfinder games were well balanced in that regard(and you had an exploit to level up faster with a smaller party, something that bg3 does not have)
Eh, I don't know.
Sure it kind of sucks that you reach the cap early in Act 3.

But prior to that, the levelling feels rather slow and balanced.
If you try to multiclass, you're probably gonna suffer until your build comes online (or, more likely, you'll keep respeccing your character every other level, which is kind of immersion breaking).

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Act 3 is pretty damn huge and a mixed bag, quality wise. Still I've found it quite decent, with enough quality content not to complain about some that wasn't as good.
Problem is you reach the level cap fast and game fatigue tends to kick in by then...

jf8350143

Liturgist
After you get to act 3, 90% of the combat become a chore, it's too easy with 0 reward. The only worthy loot you get are either from the merchant or from the big bosses. So it's just trash mob after trash mob until you meet the bosses.

On top of that the story stops making sense and the tone is all over the place. Bascially it fails on both the combat and the story. Explore is fine I suppose? But again there isn't much reward for exploring now.

Yuber

Educated
Is it explained in lore why Baldur Gate Town was full of humans in 1 but in 3 it is very diverse, I mean was it in the books or something?

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong

Well yes, but that's what Larian always did. In Original Sin 1 and 2, even if you only skipped the most inane sidequests, you'd be completely underleveled by the time you had to fight Big Demon Boss Guy. And BG3 strongly suggests it's geared towards completionfags as well, with the extremely obvious YOU WILL GET YOUR SHIT PUSHED IN IF YOUR PARTY IS LEVEL 7 OR LESS prompt before Act 2 requiring you to basically scour the map for XP.

But unfortunately after that it's the opposite, early in act 3 you hit the level cap and it seems pointless to do anything except the main quest pretty much.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
...also the grand reveal about the Emperor's origin.

...the city's damn impressive though. Despite missing a major district.

Old Hans

Arcane
But unfortunately after that it's the opposite, early in act 3 you hit the level cap and it seems pointless to do anything except the main quest pretty much.
act 3 is just a total let down. It takes way too long to get there and when you finally do its like "this is it?" cazador szarr and his goofy mansion feels like cut content central. what a let down that guy was, after Astarion built him up over 2 acts

Hydro

Educated
Act 3 is also where C&C makes a big flop revealing Larian’s true approach — it only works while you behave like a good goy, once you start doing mean things game fails to react and charade falls apart.

Swen

Scholar
Shitposter
Act 3 is also where C&C makes a big flop revealing Larian’s true approach — it only works while you behave like a good goy, once you start doing mean things game fails to react and charade falls apart.
In the new patch they will adress the evil approach and make it much better, especially the end.

MjKorz

Educated
On top of that the story stops making sense and the tone is all over the place.
I have to agree with this. My biggest gripe with the game is not even the extremely easy combat encounters (played on launch on Tactician) or lack of mechanical reactivity (alternative quest and encounter outcomes based on your character building choices, not cosmetic dialogue blurbs), but the fact that the game lacked a cohesive, focused narrative. It's like the game just throws random shit at you and expects it to stick on your face.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
In the new patch they will adress the evil approach and make it much better, especially the end.
I guess we get a new cutscene, but I kind of doubt they called in actors for new mocap and voiceovers.

The reused clapping and smiling animations at the end of the default one were insulting though.

Hydro

Educated
Ok shill

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom