Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 RELEASE THREAD

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Now that's cool: https://www.nexusmods.com/baldursgate3/mods/578

Reverts Racial Ability Score Bonuses from floating +2/+1 to PHB Rules. Also changes Dragonborn breath weapon to once per short rest accordingly.
What mod did you make?
To hide the quest markers, in my signature.
What language is BG3 written in? I haven't checked yet, but wonder if I could make some mods.

Maxie

Wholesome Chungus
Patron
Glory to Ukraine

Joggerino

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
What we need is a mod that removes all dialogue options that lead to gay sex.
Why? Do you lack the self control to not choose the homosex option?
To avoid what the guy I quoted is complaining about, can you read?
And people are saying most of the options lead to some kind of getting pounded, so better to take it all out instead of playing the mini game of finishing the game with your anal virginity intact.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Found

An android called Bernard in the Arcane Tower

And all I can say is, it doesn't look like anything to me

:yeah:

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
is rogue falling behind damage wise late levels like in solasta?

is polearm master + sentinel as good as it sounds? Can it deny melee boss its turns? Is it basically aod spearman experience?

can rogue execute 2 sneak attacks, provided 2nd one comes from opportunity?

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Sensible enough. Also, you can preview multiple textures at the same time, but only one sound file :lol:

I'd like to remove or replace the generic thundering sound when abilities are used/fired. I'm not sure how many different sounds are there but I think they've overdone the effects. I'd like only the sounds of weapons for non-magic abilities and the magic sound effect for spells. I haven't investigated where the files are yet though.

Tens of thousands, and they're not even categorized - you have sound fx, combat lines and actual dialogue one after another without any logic. Sound replacers aren't coming anytime soon because finding the right files would require some weapons-grade autism.
Fucking Belgians.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Sensible enough. Also, you can preview multiple textures at the same time, but only one sound file :lol:

I'd like to remove or replace the generic thundering sound when abilities are used/fired. I'm not sure how many different sounds are there but I think they've overdone the effects. I'd like only the sounds of weapons for non-magic abilities and the magic sound effect for spells. I haven't investigated where the files are yet though.

Tens of thousands, and they're not even categorized - you have sound fx, combat lines and actual dialogue one after another without any logic. Sound replacers aren't coming anytime soon because finding the right files would require some weapons-grade autism.
Fucking Belgians.
So, how do they feel?

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
Whoever it was that was whining about there not being enough overpowered items like the stupid Sandthief's ring should be eating their words.

I just found a ring that does the same thing for free on some gnome corpses. And it's not even the only item I found in the Underdark that can grant invisibility.

lgh4XXU.png

Not my screenshot btw. I was lazy so I looked one up.

Orud

Scholar
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
Game is enjoayble. But man, 5E is fucking gay. Wtf is an "Oath of the Ancients" Paladin? Shouldn't that just be a Druid?

It's almost as if some ponce was like "ermm Paladins are kind of fashyyy...devotion to Gods is offensive. There should be an order of Paladins devoted to nature..." :lol:

Lame.
Oath of the Ancients has its roots in various depictions of the 'Green Knight', often associated with Knights choosing to represent nature. While not present in earlier version of D&D, I do find it fitting for Paladins.

Last edited:

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

Reverts Racial Ability Score Bonuses from floating +2/+1 to PHB Rules. Also changes Dragonborn breath weapon to once per short rest accordingly.
What mod did you make?
What language is BG3 written in? I haven't checked yet, but wonder if I could make some mods.
A lot of stuff is just XML definitions. Clean work really. IDK how much of the scripting is exposed. I've never dabbled in D:OS modding. What mods do you want to make?

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

Fucking Belgians.

Larian did say they would be working on modding support after launch though, so there'll probably be an easier way to search up files at some point.

Konjad

Patron

What mod did you make?
A lot of stuff is just XML definitions. Clean work really. IDK how much of the scripting is exposed. I've never dabbled in D:OS modding. What mods do you want to make?
IDK yet, just curious, I want to complete it once in pure vanilla before I get into modding.

deama

Prophet
For those wondering, I managed to fix the audio/sound issue:

I'm on a 7950x3d so I pin games to different CCX/Numa nodes and stuff. It looks like, for some reason, baldur's gate 3 HAS to run on all cores, otherwise it won't work.
And I think you have to set it to all cores BEFORE launching the game, e.g. set explorer.exe to all cores, then launch the .exe, or set the launcher.exe to all cores, before launching the game.

Robber Baron

Savant
The game feels more like a fairy tale and not a fantasy. Like you have all the ingredients but it still feels like Fable. Maybe it's because of the way nuFaerun is but it just lacks that proper high fantasy class.
It's THE best coop adventure ever though.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Lol, apparently Astarion kills you if you let him feed on you that first time (and you have to use a ress scroll). Who tf keeps him after that

Nikanuur

Arbiter
Patron
Do you also experience this annoying bug that clicking on the portrait doesn't select the character at first and you have to click the second or third time?

Last edited:

Lemming42

Arcane
Yeah, it's particularly bad when splitting the party up to avoid traps, it never seems to accept your first click. Had the entire party walk face-first into deathtraps while the designated rogue stands back and watches like three times now.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
Lol, apparently Astarion kills you if you let him feed on you that first time (and you have to use a ress scroll). Who tf keeps him after that
I think there are several variations. And you can stop him. But yes, if you just let him drain your blood like crazy you'll die.

Scorpion and the frog moment. You should have known better.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
I think there are several variations. And you can stop him. But yes, if you just let him drain your blood like crazy you'll die.

Scorpion and the frog moment. You should have known better.

I didn't let the fucker nibble one bit so I wouldn't know. I'm just wondering why anyone would keep him around after that lol

edit: obviously the question is hypothetical

Nathir

Liturgist
Agenda, to me, means I see what you're saying, but don't really agree.

For 99% of their customers, the game will be fine or too difficult. This isn't some niche strategy RPG like KotC or even ToEE.

How do you find the difficulty though? I haven't had the chance to play enough to form an opinion about it myself yet. I'm just going off what I've read in this thread so far.
Playing on Normal or whatever the middle difficulty is, the game is challenging but not infuriatingly so. I certainly never had to use barrelmancy to win yet. There are so many options and modifiers one might apply to a fight I could probably find a way around anything the game throws at me. That causes the problem of "Should I be here yet?" though.

Something I failed to realize is that a fight doesn't necessarily draw the entire area to you. I was afraid of starting shit in the goblin camp but it's fine as long as you don't go and push enemies too far away.

Dude, a while ago I saw you posting in every thread, telling people to stop buying shit and how they are part of the problem...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom