Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 RELEASE THREAD

jackofshadows

Arcane
For once I agree with you mate. Fallout 3 and BG3 are that good indeed.

NaturallyCarnivorousSheep

Albanian Deliberator Kang
Patron
Possibly Retarded
Baldur’s Gate and Fallout are crowned forever as the pinnacle of what western RPG genre was able to achieve, irrespective of what kind of charts these cumslurping soyjacks come up with
I agree. I really like the part of BG where some retard had an imaginary 10 years old living in his head. Sadly his only interaction with children were the people that bullied him throughout his youth and the kids he was molesting at the time. This imaginary 10 years old would be deeply offended if he played turn based game. So he made it real time like diablo but that was a mess so a pause was added. Amazing feature everyone loves it. Can't be beaten.

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1086940/view/4531275659234923703
Hotfix #28 Now Live!
Version Number: 4.1.1.6072089
Hey everyone,

Another small hotfix for all platforms is coming your way today! Hotfix #28 addresses a few crashes and blockers, integrates a handful of gameplay bug fixes, and resolves some issues with the Mod Manager.

This hotfix also fixes an issue with multiplayer, where some players were getting caught in an enable–disable loop in the Mod Verification Window when trying to disable a mod that the host doesn't have.

MODDING
  • On PS5, the 'Continue' button will now work the same as the 'Load Game' screen in that it won't allow you to start a game if there are any mod issues.
  • On console, when loading a savegame that has unresolved mod issues, the Mod Verification Window will no longer keep asking you to re-download or uninstall mods when the action has already been taken.
  • Resolved an issue with mod dependencies not being loaded in the correct order after enabling/disabling some mods.
Mod Manager
  • Fixed the animated downloading bar not appearing in the Mod Verification Window after you click 'Download'.
  • Fixed the horizontal scrollbar on the Mod Details page not being vertically centred between the arrows that flank it.
  • Fixed a bug preventing you from opening the Mod Manager on PC when using a controller.
  • Fixed the button prompts in the Mod Details page not updating correctly when using a controller.
  • Fixed the filter tags in the Mod Manager not appearing in localised languages and made sure that the English string is shown as a backup in case there's an issue with fetching the translation.
  • The mod browser scrollbar now resets to the top when you navigate to a previous or next page.
  • On PS5, the Mod Manager now correctly reports the amount of remaining memory after uninstalling a mod.
  • Fixed a crash that could occur when changing pages in the Mod Manager.
  • Fixed clients on a multiplayer game getting caught in an enable–disable loop in the Mod Verification Window when trying to disable a mod that the host doesn't have.
  • Updated the 'Explicit Content' filter's name to 'Mature Content'.
  • Updated the name of the Mod Issues window to 'Mod Verification Window' to more accurately reflect what the window is for, and updated its description.

GAME
Gameplay
  • Improved loading times for players with many mods installed.
  • You can no longer add items to your wares even if they cannot become wares (e.g. pact weapons) by selecting them along with another item that can become a ware. This prevents a trade exploit where you could sell your wares and the bound items would not leave your inventory. Any more of these up your sleeves?
  • Fixed Honour Mode features, like Legendary Actions, carrying over to non-Honour-Mode games if you'd previously loaded an Honour Mode save.
  • On PS5, fixed the DualSense lightbar updating colours every single frame of the game when a new user logs in with a new controller.
  • Resolved an issue with Wyll opting for negative greeting nodes even when he does like you.
  • Fixed the character models becoming offset in the Trade UI when switching between trade and barter when using a controller.
Crashes and Blockers
  • Fixed a crash when trying to load into a playthrough rather than a particular savegame within that playthrough.
  • Fixed a crash that could occur when loading a savegame.

Larian games are notorious for stopping skill progression halfway through (like certain MMOs I won't name), which makes it hard to get motivated to keep playing.
I'm OK with this. I like being able to play with all of my available class features. I strongly dislike getting access to top tier stuff only in time for the ending. If the game is good the number dopamine drip isn't necessary. The original BG saga was notorious for level capping before the game was over but it never hurt the fun. There were level cap removal mods for Shadows of Amn, but to me that was about getting access to those final features like Level 9 spells for mages.

Old Hans

Arcane
Once Bioware goes under, Electronic Arts can sell the relevant IP to Hasbro, so they can commission remakes of BG1 & BG2 in the style of the original Baldur's Gate 3. :M
:d1p:
At least Larian brought the Baldur's Gate series back to WHAT IT ALWAYS FUCKING SHOULD HAVE BEEN: A turn-based Dungeons & Dragons™ cRPG. :salute:
that is wrong, actually. Gary Gygax himself has stated many times that he wished Dungeons and Dragons had real time combat

Cael

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
Once Bioware goes under, Electronic Arts can sell the relevant IP to Hasbro, so they can commission remakes of BG1 & BG2 in the style of the original Baldur's Gate 3. :M
At least Larian brought the Baldur's Gate series back to WHAT IT ALWAYS FUCKING SHOULD HAVE BEEN: A turn-based Dungeons & Dragons™ cRPG. :salute:
that is wrong, actually. Gary Gygax himself has stated many times that he wished Dungeons and Dragons had real time combat
Good luck with that on tabletop... Closest is probably Battletech with a declared simultaneous firing phase.

Old Hans

Arcane
Good luck with that on tabletop... Closest is probably Battletech with a declared simultaneous firing phase.
alright I can't live with the lies anymore. Gary never said anything about wanting D&D to be real time combat. I made it all up!

Cael

Arcane
Possibly Retarded

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
You can not like Larian but Electronic Farts would have filled BG3 with microtransactions, not allowed modding and sold more 5e stuff as very expensive DLC. If someone wanted to play as a Blood mage, this would be a US$20 DLC from Electronic Farts.

Swen

Scholar
Shitposter

cioran

33° Inspector General
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
But can you mod out 5E which sucks? and implement 2E?

LOL. Imagine trying to escape the Nautiloid, dealing with Intellect Devourers with -2 AC, 6 hit dice(27~54), domination, brain eat, plane shift and etc as a lv 1 AD&D character. In AD&D, a single mindflayer can easily kill a unprepared mid level party.

Ryzer

Arcane
But can you mod out 5E which sucks? and implement 2E?

LOL. Imagine trying to escape the Nautiloid, dealing with Intellect Devourers with -2 AC, 6 hit dice(27~54), domination, brain eat, plane shift and etc as a lv 1 AD&D character. In AD&D, a single mindflayer can easily kill a unprepared mid level party.
tenor.gif

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom