Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 RELEASE THREAD

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
1691353495225.png

:mhd:

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I just broke the game. Thought I made a mistake, deleted my last 2 saves, tried it on another computer, then went back to the first one and broke it again. They should play the kazoo music for this.

Used flight to go to a secret entrance to the creche, then my current XP on all my characters went from very near the next level, to zero.

Reloaded, same thing. zero

Quit the game, tried to load, it crashed to desktop at 60%.

After all the uninstalling and deleted saves, tried the same thing again and got the same result.
Does turning off cloud saves help?

No. It just makes it so you have to load an earlier save on the other computer. The one with the busted save still crashes.

I changed the party too, even the frog gets the same result. It seems the game REALLY didn't expect anyone to go in through the back door (ironic given the character creation screen amirite)

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Got to Act 3 tonight.

Having a blast with the game. Encounter design has been really fun so far and there appears to be impressive amounts of C&C threaded throughout the game.

Already making notes of things I'd like to try differently on a replay.

Zayne

Scholar
Some more random thoughts/questions after 30 hours.

While I'm doing "good" playthrough, I find the "evil" premise unappealing.
Ye, sure, you gain AUTHORITY and awesome illithid powers. But you have to completely disregard self-preservation. Unlike KotOR2 or even MotB, the powers and authority are not yours, they are bestowed by the Big Bad and the only thing that stands between you and mindrape is Gith Artefact and (possibly) Dream Guardian.
But I believe Guardian to be the manifestation of tadpole, so she goes into ignore list.

Lae'zel and Shadowheart desided to have a conflict about Artefact, I tried to calm them down, but they've settled on a morning duel. Then, at night,
Shadowheart desides to murder Lae'zel, I've persuaded her to stop the attempt. And I kinda expected that Lae'zel would mock and humiliate Shadowheart until they finally have their duel. But it seems all is ok now and gith actually respected SH for that act. WTF?!?

Also, about githyanki. Remembering my bro Dak'kon's teachings, I always thought that githyanki are supposed to be chaotic, yet Lae'zel is lawful to her core. What's more, I found some weird story about gith schism. Apparently, the splinter faction leader was called Orpheus and he's Gith's son. What happened with Zerthimon and githzerai?

Alsoalso, the friendly illithid in the Underdark tried to cure me, failed and traded me a ring, which is supposed to protect me. Does it actually work? And should my MC wear it to gain protection effect?

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I just broke the game. Thought I made a mistake, deleted my last 2 saves, tried it on another computer, then went back to the first one and broke it again. They should play the kazoo music for this.

Used flight to go to a secret entrance to the creche, then my current XP on all my characters went from very near the next level, to zero.

After all the uninstalling and deleted saves, tried the same thing again and got the same result.
Hopefully you have an older save from which to resume.

Shaki

Arbiter
What do you guys think of Ilithid powers? Looking at them they feel mostly meh, not tempting enough to risk turning into a squid. I don't trust this "guardian" nigga at all. Third tier is locked and can't be previewed tho, maybe there is something worth there?

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath
What do you guys think of Ilithid powers? Looking at them they feel mostly meh, not tempting enough to risk turning into a squid. I don't trust this "guardian" nigga at all. Third tier is locked and can't be previewed tho, maybe there is something worth there?

Just accept the gift and put all tadpoles into Wyll.

smart-thinking.gif

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron

Hopefully you have an older save from which to resume.

I do. One of the good things kept over from the EA is the game rolls about 16 quicksaves and 5 autosaves :salute:

Lyre Mors

Arcane
. Encounter design has been really fun so far and there appears to be impressive amounts of C&C threaded throughout the game.
Got to put in a nice lengthy session last night, and this stood out to me first and foremost. People saying that Solasta should be played over this are ignoring fact that BG3 shits all over Solasta encounter design even in the first ten hours. And I'm saying that as someone who likes Solasta and didn't think the encounter design was terrible by any means.

Baldur's Gate 3 is very good so far, and much, much better than Original Sin 2. Excellent PnP to videogame translation.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
This thread is surreal. The game is an unplayable mess. You have to constantly fight with the camera, the UI is an abomination (inventory sorting is too much to ask for, crafting is not implemented), combat is crap and the story has no rhythm. I already tried to refund this piece of shit but I've played more than 2 hours at that point. This is the last game I will buy from Larian.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
This thread is surreal. The game is an unplayable mess. You have to constantly fight with the camera, the UI is an abomination (inventory sorting is too much to ask for, crafting is not implemented), combat is crap and the story has no rhythm. I already tried to refund this piece of shit but I've played more than 2 hours at that point. This is the last game I will buy from Larian.

And yet people are playing it all the time.

The inventory CAN be sorted (although you have to re-sort every time you pick up something, slightly annoying), and what's more, it can be SEARCHED. Fucking finally a search bar.

Combat is turn based, die roll based and stat based. And affected by distance, height, cover, terrain etc. And you can even barrelmance if that's your thing. I'm not sure what you'd consider good if this isn't it.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik

Yeah, but... 700.000 PLAYERS ONLINE how cool is that?

It is even more than HARRY POTTER

c69.jpg

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
How do you kill Death Shepard's and their ghouls? They resurrect the dead ghouls all the time, and the Death Shepard's themself seem to be almost immune to damage? Kinda stuck here. Get swamped each time.

Orud

Scholar
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
The fuck is this anachronistic modern 'Merrican talk shit.

I don't think i've even seen fan made romance mods having writing this terribad.

I regret ever bitching about the BG1 pop culture references. That game is Shakespeare compared to this.
Best way to portray the Bioware-style romance audience.

gongal

Scholar

c69.jpg

Zr.png

All those fucking haters and antisemitic incels can't appreciate what clearly is the greatest cRPG game of the first week of august! Source: Cohhcarnage CONFRIMED that on his recent stream!

Last edited:

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam

c69.jpg

Youtube is flooding me with videos talking about this shit and the amount of hype in the comments really shows the cons00mer meme is real. Those retards really act like every new hot release is the second coming of Christ. I don't remember this kind of shit back in the day. When BG2 dropped people were exicted sure but there wasn't this level of total, blind praise as if every aspect of the game was pure golden perfection.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron

c69.jpg

Youtube is flooding me with videos talking about this shit and the amount of hype in the comments really shows the cons00mer meme is real. Those retards really act like every new hot release is the second coming of Christ. I don't remember this kind of shit back in the day. When BG2 dropped people were exicted sure but there wasn't this level of total, blind praise as if every aspect of the game was pure golden perfection.

Have you played it, or are you just reacting based on some edgy screenshots?

The woketry is real, but it's avoidable. Try the actual game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom