Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 RELEASE THREAD

Kiste

Augur
Also, about githyanki. Remembering my bro Dak'kon's teachings, I always thought that githyanki are supposed to be chaotic, yet Lae'zel is lawful to her core.
IIRC, the Githyanki have always been lawful evil in D&D lore. Dak'kon, as much as he's just a vessel to spew pages upon pages of lore onto the player, maybe wasn't the most unbiased source.

Latro

Arcane
This thread is surreal. The game is an unplayable mess. You have to constantly fight with the camera, the UI is an abomination (inventory sorting is too much to ask for, crafting is not implemented), combat is crap and the story has no rhythm. I already tried to refund this piece of shit but I've played more than 2 hours at that point. This is the last game I will buy from Larian.

Yeah, but... 700.000 PLAYERS ONLINE how cool is that?

It is even more than HARRY POTTER

c69.jpg

Youtube is flooding me with videos talking about this shit and the amount of hype in the comments really shows the cons00mer meme is real. Those retards really act like every new hot release is the second coming of Christ. I don't remember this kind of shit back in the day. When BG2 dropped people were exicted sure but there wasn't this level of total, blind praise as if every aspect of the game was pure golden perfection.

Have you played it, or are you just reacting based on some edgy screenshots?

The woketry is real, but it's avoidable. Try the actual game.
Looks like original sin design with 5e

Agame

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here
If this is right, then either most people who've bought the game aren't playing it
80 % of the sales come from people who buy stuff because their favorite e-celeb liked the game. They will play for 5 minutes and never touch the game again.
15 % of the sales come from people who buy stuff because other sourced liked the game. They will play for 5 minutes and never touch the game again.
1-3% of the sales come from people wo are interested in the game but are busy with other stuff/games. They will play for 5 minutes and maybe attempt to play the game again in a couple of years.
The rest are people who are interested and will actually play the game.
Sources to such studies, please.

Dunno about those numbers, but its well known that vast majority of people never play the games they buy to completion, easy to research, just look at steam achievements. For example RDR2 only 40% of people have completed chapter 2.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
HAHAHA, so i booted my inventory copy of the game, and i just checked the character creation, and holy shit the penises shit is actually real. WTF i thought it was just a joke mod or some shit you guys were talking about.

Why is this shit necessary? I really don't fucking get the mentality that would lead to this absurdity. Do you actually get to see your erect cock during sex scenes? I mean why the fuck not at this point.

Also, the game as a "vitiligo" meter for some fucking reason. Guess this is some sort of "disability" positivity. Surprised you can't add a wheel chair to your character.

OttoQuitmarck

Educated
This thread is surreal. The game is an unplayable mess. You have to constantly fight with the camera, the UI is an abomination (inventory sorting is too much to ask for, crafting is not implemented), combat is crap and the story has no rhythm. I already tried to refund this piece of shit but I've played more than 2 hours at that point. This is the last game I will buy from Larian.

Yeah, but... 700.000 PLAYERS ONLINE how cool is that?

It is even more than HARRY POTTER

c69.jpg

Youtube is flooding me with videos talking about this shit and the amount of hype in the comments really shows the cons00mer meme is real. Those retards really act like every new hot release is the second coming of Christ. I don't remember this kind of shit back in the day. When BG2 dropped people were exicted sure but there wasn't this level of total, blind praise as if every aspect of the game was pure golden perfection.
The game definitely has problems, but it's very good despite those. IMO.

Lyre Mors

Arcane
you promised a difficulty spike in Act 2. WHEN SWEN
Sounds like you keep mega-outleveling everyone else in this thread per Act, so I don't think it's ever coming for you.

Tactician difficulty has been decent from the hours I've played, but I can tell I'd welcome one more difficulty above that. Someday with mods, I suppose.

Mojobeard

Augur
I'm having a blast, but also have three major complaints: Larian Surfaces, amount of skill checks, and some of the bigger fights taking forever.
It's like the most anal DM using every action on every mook instead of saying "He, uh... shoots the cleric with his bow. He missed probably." No, the mook has to climb up to the optimal position, throw a firebomb, climb back down, and then use some stupid ability. Now lets have eight of those guys.
Or making you disable every single one of the fifteen traps in a room individually, which has never ever been fun, and they keep doing it in all these CRPGs.

Mortmal

Arcane
Anyone know

how to take Lae'zel to the inquisitor? Can't find him anywhere in the Creche

Only way is to first give the artifact to the captain, i know it's counterintuitive and sounds a very bad idea yet its mandatory to the story , then only you can access the part behind the foirce field. There's also a very good artefact to find past them if you did lathander's blood quest, also the only way to get it

Weird design.
Yes unless there's another way to bypass the forcefield , but i havent found yet.

Late to the conversation, but you can pickpocket or just kill her and the entire area too.
Murderhobo!

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
This is objectively false or exaggerated. Yes the UI isn't great, but sorting exists. Combat isn't crap by any standards.

I say this as... Well, you can look at my post history.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
The game's actually good though.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
Anyway, I'm disappointed that I won't get the ability score, but going back and killing her at least gave my monk a new quarterstaff.
That sucks. FYI, you can save in dialog and combat. I recommend saving before choices just in case. I've never seen this bug though.

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
This is objectively false or exaggerated. Yes the UI isn't great, but sorting exists. Combat isn't crap by any standards.

I say this as... Well, you can look at my post history.
I'm fairly sure it's been at least five years since toro last enjoyed a video game.

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Interesting, seems like the game is definitely worth pirating to give it a try even with all the disgusting degeneracy. I assume it's best to go with custom companions? Do you lose out on a ton of reactivity/content if you avoid the pre-made annoying ones?

Lyre Mors

Arcane
From everything I've witnessed so far, the degeneracy has been vastly blown out of proportion and you'd essentially have to be trying to seek it out to witness it.

But yeah, you'd miss out on companion quests and their occasional input in conversations if you don't take them. I'm sure there is plenty of content in the game anyway, so just ditch them if you don't think you'll be able to avoid things you don't want to see.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
This thread is surreal. The game is an unplayable mess.
Steam charts disagree.
You have to constantly fight with the camera, the UI is an abomination (inventory sorting is too much to ask for, crafting is not implemented),
Crafting is implemented. You can craft potions. (And weapons, but those are quests, since there's no point to crafting a normal weapon.)
combat is crap and the story has no rhythm.
"Rhythm" I can't speak to. I don't know how you expect a story to shuck and jive.

But combat is objectively better than most of the RPGs released for the past decade. Compare it to the Dragon Age series, for example.
I already tried to refund this piece of shit but I've played more than 2 hours at that point. This is the last game I will buy from Larian.
Just had to see that bear sex scene, didn't you? :M

I would give it more of a chance, if I were you. There's some enjoyment to be had here for anyone, given the depth of the choices and consequences. You do you though.

That said, I don't blame you for never buying any Larian game after they bowed to ESG this much.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
Interesting, seems like the game is definitely worth pirating to give it a try even with all the disgusting degeneracy. I assume it's best to go with custom companions? Do you lose out on a ton of reactivity/content if you avoid the pre-made annoying ones?
You'll lose out on a lot of content without the NPCs, but not in quests really. Mainly related to them.

That may be a good thing in some cases though.

Also, custom NPCs are a real hassle to make. There are guides out there, but I think I will wait for mods to make it easier before trying it.

What's available from the start is a list of 12 premade hirelings. You need to complete the dungeon near the beach to get access to the NPC that grants them though. They only cost about 100 gold each. That NPC also does respec btw.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
Hollow society. Nothing has meaning, so this is what people mainly have to enrich their lives.

That said, it's been this way since Oblivion or so at least.

jaekl

CHUD LIFE
Patron
If you don't like the main cast of despicably dramatic theater performers, perhaps you'd be interested in such characters as "Fafner" and "Sir Fuzzalump" - the greatest mercenaries known to the forgotten realms??

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom