Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate II

Thrasher

Erudite
Yes, true.

The Feral Kid

Prophet
Story-wise (that is both how good the story is together with how it drives the game) BG 1 > PS:T > BG 2.

BG 1 wins. Easily.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
The Feral Kid said:
Story-wise (that is both how good the story is together with how it drives the game) BG 1 > PS:T > BG 2.

BG 1 wins. Easily.

No.

Pastel

Scholar
Story beginning: Some evil corporation wants to monopolize the iron industry so they send a couple dozen evil minions to the only other iron mine to stealthily poison every piece of iron that is mined there.

The Feral Kid

Prophet
Pastel said:
Story beginning: Some evil corporation wants to monopolize the iron industry so they send a couple dozen evil minions to the only other iron mine to stealthily poison every piece of iron that is mined there.

Obviously any degree of subtlety is lost on you.

janjetina

Arcane
Patron
Torment: Tides of Numenera
I guess subtlety is buried deep, between the bones of a million respawning skeletons that met their final demise in a gust of burning flame.

The Feral Kid

Prophet
Pastel said:
Is it? What subtlety?

Subtle enough to hide both your enemies and their motivations for a large part of the game giving an occasional hint here and there just to keep you going. Something that surely doesn't happen in BG 2 while in PS:T there's too much distraction.

Pastel

Scholar
I don't care who my real enemies are or what they want. The mine plot is on par with Pepsi hiring dozens of assassins to hide within a Coca Cola bottling plant and spit in every drink.

The Feral Kid

Prophet
Pastel said:
I don't care who my real enemies are or what they want. The mine plot is on par with Pepsi hiring dozens of assassins to hide within a Coca Cola bottling plant and spit in every drink.

Wow, what a dumb comment. And excuse me for thinking out of the box. I must be out of my mind. I forgot we are only supposed to accept whatever is put in front of us, and just accept it for what it is. I've seen the light.The Coca-Cola company would be proud for you.

The Feral Kid

Prophet
DraQ said:
The Feral Kid said:

BG 1 wins. Easily.
Wow. Were you trepanation raped, kid? You seem quite a bit brainfucked.

Not only you are mistaken, but you are the last part of the digestive tract.

BethesdaLove

Arbiter
pst plot: you try to find out who you are. no protagonist.

f1 plot: you try to save the vault. master tries to save the world.

bg1 plot: you try to find out who you are. sarevok tries to become a god.

bg2 plot: you try to rescue imoen. irenicus tries to take revenge and become immortal.

Now this was the WHAT and rough and all of them dont stand out. But the quality should come from the WHY and HOW, the details and how they are presented. So imho discussions about plot are not important.

I actually could argue that bg1 has an elaborate plot:
1 finding out who you are, whats going on
2 finding out about the iron and who is responsible
3 finding out who is really responsible
4 finding out why sarevok is doing it

---
I'd like to see a pst elaboration cause I dont rememberthe plot very good. Except that there was some green endboss and you die...

I can't agree with The Feral Kid, but Pastel fails hardcore for trying to bash a story of a game he didn't play. I mean, there's nothing wrong with bashing a game you didn't play, but when it shows that you didn't, you fucking fail.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom