Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Ban Kalarion

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Okay, so I just took another look at Kalarion's recent history (I've had to do this before with him, and I've warned him before about ratings spam, but nothing was ever done about it).

Here's how it breaks down, at least as of yesterday:

- Kalarion rated a total of approximately 1,280 posts yesterday alone
- That amounts to about 80 pages worth of ratings when viewed (in his Recent History) in Chrome zoomed in at 110%
- These ratings -- again, this is just from yesterday alone -- took place from 8:54AM until 9:36PM my local time zone (which does not necessarily match Kalarion's local time zone, which I shall not be revealing)
- That averages to about 106 ratings per hour, or about 1.7 ratings per minute

If you want to see this incredible accomplishment for yourself, click here. To see the entire list, you're going to have to click "Show older items" a bunch of times.

Now, since Kalarion is, to be fair, mixing up his ratings between "positive" and "negative" ones, at least on that front, he's not breaking any rules here.

However, we do have rules against spamming, and I think by burdening the server with nothing but spastic (and habitual) ratings over a period of over twelve straight hours that might count as a new and highly bizarre form of spamming.

Thus, while I believe neither Infinitron nor even DarkUnderlord himself have objected to nor chosen to do anything about Kalarion's particular brand of autism (and, again, burden on the server in my opinion), Taluntain may not be aware of it and may sustain an objection to it and put a stop to it.

I recommend probation for Kalarion's ratings privileges. It shouldn't be taken away from him permanently, as that may result in suicide or worse, but it shouldn't be allowed to continue unchecked.

Ever Your Faithful Servant,

- The Sheriff

Vatnik Wumao
However, we do have rules against spamming, and I think by burdening the server with nothing but spastic (and habitual) ratings over a period of over twelve straight hours that might count as a new and highly bizarre form of spamming.
He's just going through a huge thread and rating each and every post in that thread accordingly. No crime there, sheriff.

Codex Year of the Donut
image.png

bunch of fucking whiny babies

Skinwalker

*teleports between you*
Patron
Village Idiot
It fills the "Rating you received" page with endless kalarion garbage, diluting its purpose (seeing ppl's reactions to your posts). There are pages upon pages of kalarionspam with some legitimate ratings from other ppl mixed in occasionally, making the page almost worthless.

Remove Kalarion's rating privileges, temporarily at least. He's obviously just going through the USSRia megathread and mindlessly pressing a certain button for every one of a given poster's posts (e.g. all my posts rated participation award, all maxie posts are tl;dr, etc).

Unwanted

†††

Patron
It fills the "Rating you received" page with endless kalarion garbage, diluting its purpose (seeing ppl's reactions to your posts). There are pages upon pages of kalarionspam with some legitimate ratings from other ppl mixed in occasionally, making the page almost worthless.

Remove Kalarion's rating privileges, temporarily at least. He's obviously just going through the USSRia megathread and mindlessly pressing a certain button for every one of a given poster's posts (e.g. all my posts rated participation award, all maxie posts are tl;dr, etc).
Have you tried ignoring him, or you don't want to break your perfectly balanced ignore ratio?

Screenshot 2022-05-30 at 20-04-07 Maximus - Ignore List rpg codex doesn't scale to your level.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom