Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Ban Kalarion

Vatnik Wumao
He's obviously just going through the USSRia megathread and mindlessly pressing a certain button for every one of a given poster's posts (e.g. all my posts rated participation award, all maxie posts are tl;dr, etc).
Fake news.

rEYOOGy.png
d8E7ZyU.png

If you want to talk about one button spammers, then talk about people like Rico66.

Skinwalker

*teleports between you*
Patron
Village Idiot
It fills the "Rating you received" page with endless kalarion garbage, diluting its purpose (seeing ppl's reactions to your posts). There are pages upon pages of kalarionspam with some legitimate ratings from other ppl mixed in occasionally, making the page almost worthless.

Remove Kalarion's rating privileges, temporarily at least. He's obviously just going through the USSRia megathread and mindlessly pressing a certain button for every one of a given poster's posts (e.g. all my posts rated participation award, all maxie posts are tl;dr, etc).
Have you tried ignoring him, or you don't want to break your perfectly balanced ignore ratio?

View attachment 24732
It's unbalanced!! MUST FIX IGNORE RATIO

Skinwalker

*teleports between you*
Patron
Village Idiot
He's obviously just going through the USSRia megathread and mindlessly pressing a certain button for every one of a given poster's posts (e.g. all my posts rated participation award, all maxie posts are tl;dr, etc).
Fake news.

rEYOOGy.png
d8E7ZyU.png

If you want to talk about one button spammers, then talk about people like Rico66.
upload_2022-5-30_16-25-0.png

upload_2022-5-30_16-24-25.png

Vatnik Wumao
Fake news.

rEYOOGy.png
d8E7ZyU.png

He's right, you know. :M

Peachcurl

Cipher
Fake news.

rEYOOGy.png
d8E7ZyU.png

Hmmmmm so maybe, if Kalarion always rates you the same way over and over, it may be because you post the same thing all the time? It's a daring hypothesis, let's put it to the test, fellow scientists!

Fuck USSRia!!

Fuck USSRia!!

Fuck USSRia, everyone. How are we doing today? What's new?

Fuck USSRia, you say? I concur. Fuck USSRia!!

Fuck USSRia, everyone. Are vatniks winning yet?

Shut up. Shut the fuck up.

FUCK USSRia!!

Fuck USSRia!! - while the sun climbs high.
Fuck USSRia!! - while the sun falls low.
Fuck USSRia!! - till shade is gone
Fuck USSRia!! - till water turns dry.
Fuck USSRia!! - how long from home?
Fuck USSRia!! - till sun grows cold.
Fuck USSRia!! - till water runs free.
Fuck USSRia!! - while life holds true.
Fuck USSRia!! - life is a dream.
Fuck USSRia!! - all dreams must end.
Fuck USSRia!! - while I breathe.
Fuck USSRia!! - my steel is bright.
Fuck USSRia!! - who fears to die?
Fuck USSRia!! - no one I know!

Fuck rossiya! - while the sun climbs high.
Fuck rossiya! - while the sun falls low.
Fuck rossiya! - till shade is gone
Fuck rossiya! - till water turns dry.
Fuck rossiya! - how long from home?
Fuck rossiya! - till sun grows cold.
Fuck rossiya! - till water runs free.
Fuck rossiya! - while life holds true.
Fuck rossiya! - life is a dream.
Fuck rossiya! - all dreams must end.
Fuck rossiya! - while I breathe.
Fuck rossiya! - my steel is bright.
Fuck rossiya! - who fears to die?
Fuck rossiya! - no one I know!

Fuck USSRia, by the way.

Fuck USSRia, vatniks. Are you winning yet?

Fuck USSRia!!

What the fuck?

fuck USSRia!!

Fuck apollo, asclepius and panacea, btw.

This useless old turd can go fuck herself.

:lol::lol::lol: but seriously,

fuck gaymany!!

USSRia is a fucking joke.

fuck turdkey!!

Skinwalker

*teleports between you*
Patron
Village Idiot
Fake news.

rEYOOGy.png
d8E7ZyU.png

Hmmmmm so maybe, if Kalarion always rates you the same way over and over, it may be because you post the same thing all the time? It's a daring hypothesis, let's put it to the test, fellow scientists!

Fuck USSRia!!

Fuck USSRia!!

FUCK USSRia!!

Fuck USSRia, by the way.

Fuck USSRia!!

What the fuck?

fuck USSRia!!

fuck gaymany!!

fuck turdkey!!
Spaced many pages apart.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Fuck USSRia!!

Fuck USSRia!!

FUCK USSRia!!

Fuck USSRia, by the way.

Fuck USSRia!!

What the fuck?

fuck USSRia!!

fuck gaymany!!

fuck turdkey!!

This looks like spamming, too.

:hmmm:

Kruno

Arcane
Patron
Village Idiot Zionist Agent Shitposter
I recommend probation for Kalarion's ratings priveleges. It shouldn't be taken away from him permanently, as that may result in suicide or worse, but it shouldn't be allowed to continue unchecked.

Codex: Helping the mentally ill!
Kalarion comes back as a trans-mam!

Kalarion

Serial Ratist
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I'm sorry I didn't respond earlier, apparently I didn't get directly pinged until yesterday and I wasn't reading Codex for most of the day (Memorial Day time with family).

Okay, so I just took another look at Kalarion's recent history (I've had to do this before with him, and I've warned him before about ratings spam, but nothing was ever done about it).

Here's how it breaks down, at least as of yesterday:

- Kalarion rated a total of approximately 1,280 posts yesterday alone
- That amounts to about 80 pages worth of ratings when viewed (in his Recent History) in Chrome zoomed in at 110%
- These ratings -- again, this is just from yesterday alone -- took place from 8:54AM until 9:36PM my local time zone (which does not necessarily match Kalarion's local time zone, which I shall not be revealing)
- That averages to about 106 ratings per hour, or about 1.7 ratings per minute

If you want to see this incredible accomplishment for yourself, click here. To see the entire list, you're going to have to click "Show older items" a bunch of times.

Now, since Kalarion is, to be fair, mixing up his ratings between "positive" and "negative" ones, at least on that front, he's not breaking any rules here.

However, we do have rules against spamming, and I think by burdening the server with nothing but spastic (and habitual) ratings over a period of over twelve straight hours that might count as a new and highly bizarre form of spamming.

Thus, while I believe neither Infinitron nor even DarkUnderlord himself have objected to nor chosen to do anything about Kalarion's particular brand of autism (and, again, burden on the server in my opinion), Taluntain may not be aware of it and may sustain an objection to it and put a stop to it.

I recommend probation for Kalarion's ratings privileges. It shouldn't be taken away from him permanently, as that may result in suicide or worse, but it shouldn't be allowed to continue unchecked.

Ever Your Faithful Servant,

- The Sheriff

Would have rated this Math! Except Crispy doesn't know how to spell (no surprise). It's factual but not very truthful, as usual for people with an agenda. I think the idea that the thread is warping my normal rating habits has some merit, though. I was actually planning to post again now that I've hit Apr 1st in my reading.

Bolded portion = Crispy is dogshit on the Codex's shoes example no. 2,058,128,539

It fills the "Rating you received" page with endless kalarion garbage, diluting its purpose (seeing ppl's reactions to your posts). There are pages upon pages of kalarionspam with some legitimate ratings from other ppl mixed in occasionally, making the page almost worthless.

Remove Kalarion's rating privileges, temporarily at least. He's obviously just going through the USSRia megathread and mindlessly pressing a certain button for every one of a given poster's posts (e.g. all my posts rated participation award, all maxie posts are tl;dr, etc).

This isn't quite true. I semi-addressed this in your profile post. There are three problems here, as I see it- (1) you post a lot (and I do mean a lot) in the UA/RU war thread, all the same thing (variations on "fuck russia"), which was the origin of my rating with Participation Trophy, (2) I rate as I read and I figured out very early on you don't post anything else, with extraordinarily rare exceptions, and (3) even if you did change your posting habits in the thread right this instant (I don't think you will, but just for the sake of argument), I'm reading the whole thing and over 1,000 pages behind, so my ratings won't change anytime soon. In fairness I don't rate you like that anywhere else, and I'm perfectly happy to change my habit once I see some actual quality in your posts there. You can see very rare demonstrations of that in the thread, where maybe once in every hundred of your posts you receive a different rating.

As to Maxie, I really don't read anything he posts (ever, anywhere) once I connect the post to the username, and he already knows why if he's been paying attention. He's a fucking glowie-tier snitch, which I consider to be the closest thing there is to an unforgivable sin on the Codex after the incident with Mynon and JarlFrank (which, curiously, Crispy was involved in; hmmmmm).

Skinwalker

*teleports between you*
Patron
Village Idiot
This isn't quite true. I semi-addressed this in your profile post. There are three problems here, as I see it- (1) you post a lot (and I do mean a lot) in the UA/RU war thread, all the same thing (variations on "fuck russia"), which was the origin of my rating with Participation Trophy, (2) I rate as I read and I figured out very early on you don't post anything else, with extraordinarily rare exceptions, and (3) even if you did change your posting habits in the thread right this instant (I don't think you will, but just for the sake of argument), I'm reading the whole thing and over 1,000 pages behind, so my ratings won't change anytime soon. In fairness I don't rate you like that anywhere else, and I'm perfectly happy to change my habit once I see some actual quality in your posts there. You can see very rare demonstrations of that in the thread, where maybe once in every hundred of your posts you receive a different rating.
tl;dr stop spamming my profile with your retarded ratings. I don't give a flying fuck as to why you want to keep spamming me with your retarded ratings, or exactly what your retarded ratings are, or whether your retarded ratings are positive, negative, or neutral - just stop spamming me with your retarded ratings. I've had it with page after page after page of your rate-spam. If the only way you can stop yourself from rate-spamming me is by viciously killing yourself, then go viciously kill yourself.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Would have rated this Math! Except Crispy doesn't know how to spell (no surprise).

Please point out any misspellings.

It's factual but not very truthful

What? Facts aren't truthful now? Must be that "new math" everyone's talking about.

as usual for people with an agenda

The only agenda I have is for people like you to stop being a burden on RPG Codex.

I think the idea that the thread is warping my normal rating habits has some merit, though.

What does this even mean? Are you alright?

I was actually planning to post again now that I've hit Apr 1st in my reading.

Post all you want. Just stop sitting there for twelve hours at a time rating literally thousands of posts. We're tired of it.

Bolded portion = Crispy is dogshit on the Codex's shoes example no. 2,058,128,539

Well, you knew this was coming:

You seem upset.

Skinwalker

*teleports between you*
Patron
Village Idiot
Kalarion is the retard whose response to "stop spamming me" is "if you start dancing to my tune, I'll spam you with different ratings".

Ban Kalarion.

Just turn off rating alerts, you dumb niggers. I completely forgot about vatniklarion.
I've had rating alerts off since the beginning (simply because I happen to dislike alerts popping up constantly, and people do rate me constantly), but his rate-spam still shits up the "ratings you received" page. Also, this is beside the point. People shouldn't have to turn off website features just to avoid being rate-spammed by some obnoxious asshole.

Also, I just checked, putting him on ignore did not hide his ratings on this page: Ratings You've Received | rpgcodex > prepare for transition

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom