Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Ban Kalarion

Skinwalker

*teleports into you*
Patron
Village Idiot
NegroMarine randomly votes my posts as shit, regardless of their content. He clearly does not even read them. He's another rate-spammer, but at least it's not pages upon pages upon pages like with Cucklarion.

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I'm disappointed. I try very hard to post little of relevance, and do I get any respect around here?!
Right now Kalarion has found a loophole: he rates, and thus we all know what he thinks, but he cannot be told he's a retard back because he does not post.

Every single time a retard felt like he found a loophole, he got karma hitting him pretty hard back. I shouldn't be muting Kalarion because I can't tell him he's a complete dumbfuck back. I should be muting Kalarion because I'm a snowflake.

I'm starting to have faith in this place. Some way, some how, Kalarion will get what's coming to him. The Codex always finds a way.

Falksi

Arcane
I couldn't care less about Kalarion's political leanings myself, I think it's been entertaining just watching the lad's valiant effort trying to keep up with the RvU thread.

If he rates me retarded, shit or whatever he's entitled to that opinion. Sometimes I act retarded, so occasionally he might be right too.

Andnjord

Arcane
Kalarion is a good lad. He rarely posts but when he does it seems to always be some longish, well constructed post exposing and arguing his views on a subject, hence his aversion to the so-called 'thread fluffers', indeed, rarely if ever will you see him throwing away a single one-liner. His rating...habit is his way to keep engaging with the people in a thread even when he feels he doesn't have much to add to a thread, which I find respectable.

His odyssey in the RUvsUKR thread has become a Codex Legend (tm) in its own right. While everyone 'analyses' :roll: the conflict in Ukraine, he analyses the conflict on the codex, similar to a Vanity Fair column about the ups and downs of our prestigious posters found therein.

Some posters enjoy the fast paced Real Time action of constant shitposting, most try to pause it for the occasional indepth post, Kalarion is the equivalent of a turn based afficcionado. He's a good boy who didn't do nothing wrong. :salute:

Last edited:

IDtenT

Menace to sobriety!
Patron
South Africa; My pronouns are: Banal/Shit/Boring
Divinity: Original Sin
I'm disappointed. I try very hard to post little of relevance, and do I get any respect around here?!
Right now Kalarion has found a loophole: he rates, and thus we all know what he thinks, but he cannot be told he's a retard back because he does not post.

Every single time a retard felt like he found a loophole, he got karma hitting him pretty hard back. I shouldn't be muting Kalarion because I can't tell him he's a complete dumbfuck back. I should be muting Kalarion because I'm a snowflake.

I'm starting to have faith in this place. Some way, some how, Kalarion will get what's coming to him. The Codex always finds a way.
Now you know what it's like to be a politician trying to deal with the media.

Ninjerk

Arcane

Why don't you just post on his wall or send him a picture of your dick? One way or another, he'll know how you feel.

Reever

Scholar
Patron
I like lurking and if I feel like I have nothing to add to a discussion I probably start spamming those buttons too, so I understand Kalarion.
That being said, I come with a solution:
From what I've gathered from this thread, the few people that have a problem with Kalarion are actually more mad at getting negative reactions rather than getting spammed. This is excluding Grauken and also Crispy who just likes to spy on people and their daily activities.
Since you can already block brofists notifications, why not have an option to only block negative reactions as well with the downside that you instantly receive the "safe space" tag. Liberal gets to feel like he's always right, everyone else knows he's a pussy and Crispy continues being a creep. Seems like a win win for me.

Vatnik Wumao
Since you can already block brofists notifications, why not have an option to only block negative reactions as well with the downside that you instantly receive the "safe space" tag. Liberal gets to feel like he's always right, everyone else knows he's a pussy and Crispy continues being a creep. Seems like a win win for me.
It would be neat to have the option to ignore rating notifications from particular users (besides the already existing option of ignoring them outright with posts and all).

Kalarion

Serial Ratist
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth

For fuck's sake. This is just boneheaded, go take a look at my profile. You'll find plenty of examples of people doing exactly that. What the fuck even.

If you just absolutely positively must say it to me in a thread, all you have to do - all you've ever had to do - is ping me. I almost always respond. mastroego did exactly that in the RU/UA thread in order to give me a shit rating. Pay the fuck attention.

Radiane

Cipher
If you want to talk about one button spammers, then talk about people like Rico66.
HeroMarine rates all my posts shit, even ones that are just someone asking for a link and me posting the link. He even rates my posts in threads he doesn't post in, just follows me there, rates shit, and exits the thread.
I hate that I have to put him on ignore, I wish I could see all posts, but the rating spam is making my alert box unusable. If you want to talk about one button spammers, talk about him.
why do you bother, whydoibother?

HeroMarine

Irenaeus
Vatnik
If you want to talk about one button spammers, then talk about people like Rico66.
HeroMarine rates all my posts shit, even ones that are just someone asking for a link and me posting the link. He even rates my posts in threads he doesn't post in, just follows me there, rates shit, and exits the thread.
I hate that I have to put him on ignore, I wish I could see all posts, but the rating spam is making my alert box unusable. If you want to talk about one button spammers, talk about him.
why do you bother, whydoibother?

He's a massive retard.

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
For fuck's sake. This is just boneheaded, go take a look at my profile. You'll find plenty of examples of people doing exactly that. What the fuck even.

If you just absolutely positively must say it to me in a thread, all you have to do - all you've ever had to do - is ping me. I almost always respond. mastroego did exactly that in the RU/UA thread in order to give me a shit rating. Pay the fuck attention.
Event 1

*people comment*

Event 2

*people comment*

Event 3

*people comment*

Kalarion comes 2 weeks later with the advantage of cvasidimensionality and a solid opinion:

Event 1

*Kalarion rates* -> people get alert

Event 2

*Kalarion rates again* -> people get alert

Event 3

Kalarion rates YET AGAIN* -> more alerts about something that is not really relevant anymore, from which people have moved on from, or formed different opinions because they interacted with their peers.

But you're right, this is not annoying. You're very right, you're not annoying. Keep doing what you're doing. I'm sure this can keep going on forever.

Unwanted

†††

Patron
I have to say: Maximus, I'm sorry. You're right and I was wrong.

Screenshot from 2022-06-03 23-08-39.png

Screenshot from 2022-06-03 23-09-36.png

Sunri

Liturgist
DarkUnderlord said:
Donuts created the problem, but more Donuts solved the problem. There is simply no problem Americans can't solve with more donuts.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom