Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Batman: Arkham Knight

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Catwoman had a great ass in City, but how's Batgirl?

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
Looks like City with a batmobile and better graphics. I'll get it when it's $5.

Edit: Tons of butthurt about the GameSpot review;

IMO Rocksteady should have made games about other DC characters after Asylum instead of making more Batman games. I enjoyed Asylum but everything that came after seemed unnecessary.

A horse of course

I haven't even played Origins yet (got it in sale ages ago). Arkham games are basically AC to me. I'll play one every few years at best.

Echo Mirage

Arcane
I see a lot of dirt cheap CD keys for sale. Some even with the season pass included in the final price. But I imagine steam will revoke the keys at some point down the road making the risk not worth it.

Looks like City with a batmobile and better graphics. I'll get it when it's $5.

Edit: Tons of butthurt about the GameSpot review;

IMO Rocksteady should have made games about other DC characters after Asylum instead of making more Batman games. I enjoyed Asylum but everything that came after seemed unnecessary.

That reviewer sounds like an insufferable little faggot in every video I've seen featuring him. It's really unbearable.

Echo Mirage

Arcane
Apparently the identity of the Arkham knight was leaked a few days ago now.
Jason Todd
Not a massive surprise overall . I was expecting it to be
Damien Wayne

But if he is the Arkham Knight then who the hell is
Red hood?

Last edited:

Israfael

Arcane
Currently there's glorious butthurt in Steam User Forums about the fact that preload hasn't even started yet (and peasant machines got it started 2 weeks or months ago i guess) :lol:

I hope it'd combine the non-broken combat of AC with better (in my opinion) boss design of AO like Deathstroke (sans the bugs), that delicious tranny poison woman (totally would do her again) and bane 2.0 fight.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
I see a lot of dirt cheap CD keys for sale. Some even with the season pass included in the final price. But I imagine steam will revoke the keys at some point down the road making the risk not worth it.
40% from GMG already put it at $36. Pretty happy with that.

But if he is the Arkham Knight then who the hell is Red hood?
Motherfucker put that in a spoiler. Damnit too late.

I haven't even played Origins yet (got it in sale ages ago). Arkham games are basically AC to me. I'll play one every few years at best.
Don't play Origins.

Echo Mirage

Arcane
40% from GMG already put it at $36. Pretty happy with that.

But if he is the Arkham Knight then who the hell is Red hood?
Motherfucker put that in a spoiler. Damnit too late.

Don't play Origins.

G2A has the game for £18 or £15 with Paypal. Some other sites have it much cheaper. And there is no way in hell it can be legit.

As for the
Red Hood
Part I covered it. But I thought he had been mentioned in one of the other games before. Google tells me once again its
Jason Todd
Hence my confusion. So one of these things has to be wrong.

As for the
Red Hood
Part I covered it. But I thought he had been mentioned in one of the other games before. Google tells me once again its
Jason Todd
Hence my confusion. So one of these things has to be wrong.

He is both. You fight against him in a knight costume with red hood mask in the end or something

https://instagram.com/p/4IiGmQxCEu/

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
PLEASE TALK ABOUT GAMEPLAY FFS'

(Though I very much appreciate the spoiler friendly effort you guys are putting in.)

I'd rather be disappointed from first person perspective. Plus if it's a good fight then I'll give it a good grade.

Deleted member 7219

Shitaku probably put the biggest spoiler in the history of game reviews in their fucking review. And all the commenters thought it would be funny to repeat it just in case, y'know, you skipped the review to read the comments (sometimes I do this to see if anyone managed to get the game early).

Just remember, any time you think IGN, Polygon, Gamespot, Eurogamer etc are poisonous gutter filth, there's always Shitaku.

More fool for me for reading Shitaku I guess.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
Well that's a disappointment.

Well, that's an understatement :)
I'm not even that angry, i'm just kinda disappointed.
I think they banked on it being such an obvious option that it would swing around and became a surprise since it was the first guess anyone would make and thus be struck from expectation. But instead it just comes off as a disappointment because, well, it's such a fucking generic choice.

Echo Mirage

Arcane
Is the Arkham Knight entering into official DC canon as well?

If so then Jason Todd has been how many villains now?

Red Hood, Red Robin, he was a fake batman for a time. Ran around as some imposter heroes and villains for a while as well. He is like a little needy dog at this point nipping at Batman's heels for attention. Maybe next time DC wants to kill off a sidekick and lets the people vote on it they will think twice and actually stick with the result for once.

Outlander

Custom Tags Are For Fags.
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Metro is this you trollin' on an Arkham Knight article

KMBsgOL.jpg

:lol:

http://wccftech.com/batman-arkham-knight-nvidia-releases-developer-interview-e3-2015/

yes plz

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
da fuck

They made a big deal out of creating a new original character for the game... but really just rebranded an old character?

His Majesty

Augur
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Raised minimum reqs 12 hours before release, 30 fps cap, little to no graphics customization...and Denuvo.

Quality port.

:troll:

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Wow... how did they fuck this up so badly especially after they went through all the trouble to make Steamworks versions of AA and AC? 30 FPS cap? What year is this?

ZagorTeNej

Arcane
Somewhat surprised by this, Arkham City was really well optimized, probably one of the best ports I've seen (played perfectly with keyboard and mouse as well).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom