Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Battle Brothers + Beasts & Exploration, Warriors of the North and Blazing Deserts DLC Thread

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Sarissofoi if you don't buy at least once the DLC I'm gonna come after you. Support the game that gave you THOUSANDS of hours of entertainment motherfucker

Bocian

Arcane
Sarissofoi if you don't buy at least once the DLC I'm gonna come after you. Support the game that gave you THOUSANDS of hours of entertainment motherfucker
No, because the game TOTALLY SUCKS, because it could have been better. :lol:
The game's decent, but the truth is that it's a dlc that comes two years later and adds stuff that should've been in the base game from the beginning. It's not going to change how repetitive and boring it becomes after about 50 hours.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
No, because the game TOTALLY SUCKS, because it could have been better. :lol:
The game's decent, but the truth is that it's a dlc that comes two years later and adds stuff that should've been in the base game from the beginning. It's not going to change how repetitive and boring it becomes after about 50 hours.
Yeah, but it will make you play again (if you didn't play for a while) with enough new stuff for about 20-50 hours. Money well spent.

As many sandbox-y titles, this is a game that you can play "through", then take a one-year break or so and then come back to it.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Btw I listened to that interview last night.
They are most probably going to make more content for BB, as long as this DLC does well enough for them to keep going.
Also for a billionth time, there won't be modding but will be in the next games from them.
Basically almost no chance for horses/mounts since they'd have gameplay implications that are not easy to implement apparently.
And finally, they want to implement multi-tile monsters but they have issues with heights etc

Serus

Arcane
Patron
With all the flaws both in the game itself and arguably in how they approached their fan-base, the developers of BB created one of the best tactical combat game in the past few years and also a game that has a lot of character and originality - even if it's also flawed. For that I feel compelled to give them some (more) money. Buying a DLC seems a better way to support a company than for example a kickstarter, at least the DLC is some real work being delivered and is something that can actually be enjoyed for at least one play-through.

Draugir101

Novice
Holy shit that Battle Sis mod looks lackluster, only 1 face??

I agree that the game could use more things, even with the DLC, but hopefully if it turns out to be a success, some more capable company will realize that there is money to be made in this genre.

Reinhardt

Arcane
Hmmm, it's on sale. Maybe i'll grab one more copy for friend. But not today - my wallet is empty and it's late.

Reinhardt

Arcane
Nice spider battle in new video. 11 peasants versus horde of cute little things. That's exactly what i wanted from expansion.:love:

Sarissofoi

Arbiter

For anyone interested.
Epic battle against spiders.
>to be honest Jansen isn't too good on his own game but hey nobody perfect
>drop rate from spiders look low

kirin

Learned
Well I am glad that somebody is paying 20 freedom bucks for this DLC so I don't need.
While only superfans are going to d1p the supporter edition ($20?) one should at least buy at the regular DLC price ($10) instead of pirating it. imo $10 is very reasonable for the content that has been shown in the previews, and is about normal as far as DLC pricing goes, so if this is it for Battle Brothers content I won't feel ripped off like I did with the game at launch. And if the DLC turns out to be expansion-level in scope then maybe there is more reason to upgrade to supporter edition.

jungl

Augur
3 skull contracts early game someone usually always gonna die. There should be more incentive to do them early on maybe a reward if you do 3 or 5 in a row or something. Your company could get completely destroyed or a reward. Game needs more rewarding gameplay for being a daredevil.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
From "Paul's art corner" in the BB forum:

On the left we have the Barbute with 190 armor and -8 fatigue (may be subject to change). Even though the absolut armor value is not too high, the Armor to fatigue ratio is very good.
On the right we have the Sallet with 120 armor and -5 fatigue (may be subject to change). As its big advantage the sallet will have no penalty to vision, hence can be worn by archers who can still shoot at max range.

Cheers!

barbute3.jpg

Also a small finding which seems pretty cool (might have been posted again though):
40bbb58f3118f601a797fd565d715085.png

Last edited:

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
http://battlebrothersgame.com/dev-blog-112-almost-there/

Dev Blog #112: Almost There!
Jaysen No comments
The release of the ‘Beasts & Exploration’ DLC is just around the corner – it’s launching on Thursday next week, the 29th! Time to recap on all of the many new features and content additions that are about to arrive with both the DLC and the free update to version 1.2 of Battle Brothers.

You can find the DLC on Steam here and on GOG here. The DLC will also be available as a Supporter Edition with a fancy Kraken banner and painted shields!

Here are detailed introduction of what is about to come.

New mechanics and content

New opponents

As well as many minor additions and changes

And then, of course, there’s even more new things which we haven’t covered much in our dev blogs, such as new contracts, a bigger world, new music tracks and new achievements!

I hope that this track will be back in the game.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sarissofoi

Arbiter
So guys I just recivied news that some full of faggotry streamers(and that mean all of them) actually get the DLC now. When we veterans of this thread need to wait.
:baka:
Join me in this outrage!

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
Should put women units in the game but with tons of stat penalties, like how it'd be in real life. The butthurt would be lulzy.

"Sexist RPG Makes Women Weaker On Purpose"

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom