Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Battle Brothers + Beasts & Exploration, Warriors of the North and Blazing Deserts DLC Thread

hivemind

Cipher
Patron
Pretty Princess
sorry to say but I have been traderpilled

better gear at ay 50 with half the playtime than usually I have at crisis time

Old Hans

Arcane
I have bad to report. my battle buddies team "the football boys" they all dead. day 64 and got overrun with like 14 those bullshit monsters that each other and get big. 1 like = 1 prayer

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
My company is dead.

Got this quest.
1310BDB2478A674031E5DB876DEABC913E89BB06

I've done everything except killing a patrol.

Well, this is the fucking patrol.
DEBB3333F29A142A83C95B8B53EC13EBFDC2DC4B

Needless to say I got fucked. Honestly I've tried like 2-3 hours to win this fight but there was no way. Their Bannerman was insane. My Lone Wolf got rekt.
5A48571BE38EE2D70DF07597F3BA4BED5B850254

Indeed, porca miseria.
4041264D515F6F17D3B6BD0C32D2AABAF1C4FE53

Payd Shell

Arcane
Yeah you had pikes. Billhooks and good archers are kinda needed against noble armies. You need T3 weapons to reliably deal with them. Which is something I personally never seem to learn, I get complacent steamrolling raiders and their camps and then the first crisis hits and that's usually where I lose.

Prime Junta

I’ve decided I don’t care for the Northern Raider start. Other than occasional raids on hostile caravans I’m just grinding in a small corner of the map. Mega repetitive even by BB standards. The inherently badass barbarians are insufficient to make up for it.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Just got my company thoroughly whooped by a group of four Unholds. Either Level 6 is too early or my guys are too weak.

Shadowfang

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech
I guess the Northern Raiders background can be fun with the right seed. The faction that started neutral to me is fairly large and I reached cold with the smaller and kept hostile with the other one which is fairly large aswell by raiding their caravans from time to time.

It has been fun but I now have to risk venturing north to kill some reavers before my men start looking like a regular mercenary company.

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
I am up to 6 bros now. I am being as selective as possible with who I recruit, because the AI always focuses the newbie.

In the beginning it was brigands and maybe undead, but now I am running into orcs, goblins, witches, beasts, etc. it has been a gradual curve, but I have yet to truly hit the tough battles.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://steamcommunity.com/games/365360/announcements/detail/3241941262468674899

Update 1.3.0.16
17 MAY @ 4:08PM - RAPSDJFF

10377f6038cbfa77aa3b8b0e1cdd078de41641b7.jpg

Changelog for 1.3.0.16
  • Changed main menu to nudge new players towards picking the right difficulty and origin for their first time playing the game.
  • Changed minimum contract reward irrespective of renown to be slightly higher.
  • Changed chance for additional beast trophies with 'Beast Slayers' origin to 50%, up from 25%. The chance to get an additional trophy from the Kraken is increased to 100%.
  • Changed 'Beast Slayer' background to have higher resolve.
  • Fixed locations sometimes changing their garrison between reading their tooltip and attacking them.
  • Fixed various minor things.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
I’ve decided I don’t care for the Northern Raider start. Other than occasional raids on hostile caravans I’m just grinding in a small corner of the map. Mega repetitive even by BB standards. The inherently badass barbarians are insufficient to make up for it.

Didn't you read the story ?
You're supposed to redeem yourself, it's long and hard but it work out exactly like any other run eventually except you have the barbarians "perk" and your 3 brutes.
Besides, attacking militias early seems too easy for all the good stuff they drop.

I have bad to report. my battle buddies team "the football boys" they all dead. day 64 and got overrun with like 14 those bullshit monsters that each other and get big. 1 like = 1 prayer

Seriously ? 2 archers with berserk and aoe weapons and they're routed in 2 turns, dead in 3.
It's fun when one swallows one of your mercenary, though, started a fight with a medium one that grew and swallowed my 2H hammer, i was hoping for the best, he went out unscathed.

Murk

Arcane
Nachtzerers are a joke... until you try to take them on with only 1 char and they have 2 of the tier3 ghouls that can swallow you.

It then becomes a very confusing process of positioning and praying for RNG.

Even with a few chars it's risky since if you don't have enough characters to block the corpses the tier-2 ones will become tier-3 (healing as they do) and then eat you.

In the end, it is a vore fetishist that may get you.

edit: RE: Barbarian start -- are you all just trying to redeem the chars to good standing with all or actively raiding against one house? Cuz I think you should be raiding, even before this DLC picking a crappy house to raid against was a solid way to get some goods early on.

The dark side of trading -- stealing.

Old Hans

Arcane

Seriously ? 2 archers with berserk and aoe weapons and they're routed in 2 turns, dead in 3.
It's fun when one swallows one of your mercenary, though, started a fight with a medium one that grew and swallowed my 2H hammer, i was hoping for the best, he went out unscathed.[/QUOTE]

there were at least 100 of them. maybe more! FOOTBALL BOYS I WILL NEVER FORGET YOU!

Old Hans

Arcane

It's fun when one swallows one of your mercenary, though, started a fight with a medium one that grew and swallowed my 2H hammer, i was hoping for the best, he went out unscathed.

there were at least 100 of them. maybe more! FOOTBALL BOYS I WILL NEVER FORGET YOU![/QUOTE]

whoa I really messed that up

Tigranes

Arcane
Nachtzerers are a joke... until you try to take them on with only 1 char and they have 2 of the tier3 ghouls that can swallow you.

It then becomes a very confusing process of positioning and praying for RNG.

Even with a few chars it's risky since if you don't have enough characters to block the corpses the tier-2 ones will become tier-3 (healing as they do) and then eat you.

In the end, it is a vore fetishist that may get you.

edit: RE: Barbarian start -- are you all just trying to redeem the chars to good standing with all or actively raiding against one house? Cuz I think you should be raiding, even before this DLC picking a crappy house to raid against was a solid way to get some goods early on.

The dark side of trading -- stealing.

Lone Wolf changes the dynamics hugely for so many early game fights, it's a godsend for those of us with a million hours in it already

Nachs were always a joke but it's a different deal if (1) you don't have enough dudes to sit on the corpses, and (2) they get big enough to, uh, eat your lone wolf boy

That said webknechts are still pushovers

Murk

Arcane
The only rare exception to the Webknechts being weak is through sheer RNG. If it's a 'plethora' and you end up facing over 30+ of them, the combination of web (reduces damage you do, meaning fewer one-swing cleave kills) + poison can result in you just getting chipped to death if you don't morale break them fast enough.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
So many casualty reports, i'll add mine.

One of my starting barbarian was put down by a wolfrider, nasty ambush in the woods 10 vs 19 and my formation was broken from the start due to the map settings.

But he survived and only lost an eye !
Well, he's a 2-handed swordsman so it's business as usual, he's just a little short-sighted (-2 vision and ranged malus)

Another (regular) one lost an ear in a different fight, they're really starting to look like mercenaries ...

Payd Shell

Arcane
If you're starting a new playthrough, I'd suggest building nimble everythings. Battleforged seems to much worse on every occasion now:
Barbs will oneshot bros with 200+ armor regularly, mostly chosen, but reavers can really hurt as well if they get a good hit.
Gobbos would be the obvious counter to nimble builds, but in those fights the frontline just eats arrows and you simply out-archer goblins anyway.
Crossbows, daggers and hammers lose a lot of their scariness if you go nimble.
HP is easy to come by thanks to colossus. 25% increase instead of the 25% decrease in fatigue costs for armor. Obviously scales way better than brawny, so there's that.
You're much less reliant on gear. 10 fatigue armor and a 5 fatigue helm or any other combination that doesn't go over 15 is pretty cheap to come by, forget shanking kniggas for their shiny gear.

I honestly don't see a downside, I expect it to get nerfed soon. If only just for the reason they want barbs being able to shit on your bros no matter what cuz muh balance

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
If you're starting a new playthrough, I'd suggest building nimble everythings. Battleforged seems to much worse on every occasion now:
Barbs will oneshot bros with 200+ armor regularly, mostly chosen, but reavers can really hurt as well if they get a good hit.
Gobbos would be the obvious counter to nimble builds, but in those fights the frontline just eats arrows and you simply out-archer goblins anyway.
Crossbows, daggers and hammers lose a lot of their scariness if you go nimble.
HP is easy to come by thanks to colossus. 25% increase instead of the 25% decrease in fatigue costs for armor. Obviously scales way better than brawny, so there's that.
You're much less reliant on gear. 10 fatigue armor and a 5 fatigue helm or any other combination that doesn't go over 15 is pretty cheap to come by, forget shanking kniggas for their shiny gear.

I honestly don't see a downside, I expect it to get nerfed soon. If only just for the reason they want barbs being able to shit on your bros no matter what cuz muh balance
The last nimble build I tried got absolutely wrecked. How do you build your nimble characters? Pump HP/Fatigue/Melee Attack?

Payd Shell

Arcane
The last nimble build I tried got absolutely wrecked. How do you build your nimble characters? Pump HP/Fatigue/Melee Attack?
For frontliners, HP, mdef, mattack if you want them to deal some damage. Backstabber and fast adaption help as well, if you're willing to spend those perk points there. For backliners either rattack or mattack, rdef and HP. You don't need to increase fatigue that much because you'll be wearing light gear only. I think 70+ should suffice after everything, but you can go a lot lower especially if you use adrenaline and recovery.

Sarissofoi

Arbiter
I build full nimble company before DLC. Fairly succesful, cheap to run, great against monsters, low cost repair and low injury rate. Thing is bleed fuck you up and against larger group of enemies its less durable. But I dont use bone armor and Indomitable so yeah.
Fun run but get wiped against black monolit.
I recomend Nimble builds as Beast Slayers tho.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom