Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Battle Brothers + Beasts & Exploration, Warriors of the North and Blazing Deserts DLC Thread

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Maybe they should add a solo start without the 12 men limit but your guy is also not a hedge knight etc, just a random dude

Shadowfang

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech
I like the fact that you give your men flails instead of axes to deal with shields. What influenced your choice?

The damage. With axes you have to tear down the shields while with flails you can damage them from the start.

And if you hit them in the head then it's pretty much a confirmed headshot.

Edit: I have Shield Mastery and Flail Mastery on all of them (except the hammer guys + gs).

I think flails are to axes what daggers are to hammers.

While flails/daggers allow you to bypass shields/armor at turn 1, your other mercenaries will still have to work around these. If you opt for axe/hammer you might deal no/less damage in the first turns but more in the following turns.

I like axes a lot and use flails sparingly. It's cool to see that the game allows for this kind of versatility and that one option is not necessarily always better than the other.

hivemind

Cipher
Patron
Pretty Princess
like fuck off this is not even an argument honestly

you use flail like against bandit raiders at best in hopes that they dont have a helmet and you can like get some easy chain or whatever to get a headstart

or I guess if you have fearsome perk you can meme around with the three-headed flail but generally you are better off using anything else

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Flails are pretty awesome in the hands of a bro with Brute trait and decent melee score.
Also don't forget that head injuries are usually much worse than most others, so whenever you cause one you get a good advantage.
It's true though that late game they lose a bit of momentum

normie

️‍
Patron
Zionist Agent
Insert Title Here
like fuck off this is not even an argument honestly
flails make sense for everybody that isn't a gift-babby who can't depend on themselves to make use of "situational" perks to greater effect or a "reload every time my 2h gets hit or misses an attack and my whole squad is 2handers because they da best (when they're not hit and not missing grrrr"-babby

heads get exposed, it's opportune to have a flail bro around to press on it

Parabalus

Arcane
I tried making dedicated (as in spending the perk point on WM) flail-bros and they're just not worth it. They're only useful vs some brigand raiders pmuch, everything above usually has decent head armor. Best just to have flails in backpack with quickhands for the double lash.

Dedicated dagger bros are pretty good though, if you can land a triple puncture you can route orc warriors immediately.

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
I tried making dedicated (as in spending the perk point on WM) flail-bros and they're just not worth it.
No they aren't, but that doesn't make the flail a bad weapon. The ability to strike around shields and to hit heads are both hugely useful tools when a) your bros suck at hitting things (meaning they suck exponentially more at hitting shielded things), or b) you face enemies with no/shitty helmets, which you very often do.

hoothoot

Arcane
Patron
havnt played this for two years but it looks great now. wont run on my comp for some reason. [viruses lol]

do slings pwn skeletons?

Payd Shell

Arcane
Idk, flails seem much worse now. I rarely get a raider without a helmet, so they haven't been that useful so far. Speaking of raiders, did they get buffed? Even if it's just six of them, they mostly are fully armored and have shields as well as 1 or 2 backliners with polearms. Fighting against them feels kinda scary now, even if your guys are running around in 110 gear. I don't like using axes because early game most of your bros have shit melee skills and axes don't give any bonuses to hit like spears and swords do. But against raiders, they just shieldwall all the time. They really need to go over the fatigue mechanics for NPCs now that they generally act much smarter. I'm fine with Barbarians having high fatigue, but raiders take a lot of punishment before they get exhausted.

Murk

Arcane
It's a real shame you can only have 12 men and no reserves on Lone Wolf. Having an avatar feels so right... but no reserves kills it a lot :(
Yeah you lose out on a lot of backgrounds and events, plus you need to basically walk around with only 11 guys if you want a shot at an assassin, to recruit horse/melon buggerers, a pimp, et cetera.

*Looks at his meager group of 4 men*

Yeahhhhh.....

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Just got a Reinforced Mail Hauberk (210) and Padded flat top helmet (150) (among other things) as loot! This took some very careful knife work!

Darth Canoli

Arcane
Just got a Reinforced Mail Hauberk (210) and Padded flat top helmet (150) (among other things) as loot! This took some very careful knife work!

Not sure this is necessary, i often get 0% armors as loot.

By the way, did the Alps get nerfed ?
Without the mod, just fought 4 (against 7) of them surrounding my party, it was a piece of cake, although they got one doggy, they only summoned 2 shadows per turn each and nothing else for 4/5 turns, dumb luck ?

Parabalus

Arcane
Champions are a nice touch, just downed my first one.

Whips get nerfed already :negative::negative:.

I tried making dedicated (as in spending the perk point on WM) flail-bros and they're just not worth it.
No they aren't, but that doesn't make the flail a bad weapon. The ability to strike around shields and to hit heads are both hugely useful tools when a) your bros suck at hitting things (meaning they suck exponentially more at hitting shielded things), or b) you face enemies with no/shitty helmets, which you very often do.

The issue is that flails don't ignore shieldwall, so usually the THC will still suck early on.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom