Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Battle Brothers + Beasts & Exploration, Warriors of the North and Blazing Deserts DLC Thread

Ibn Sina

Arbiter
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
The guy must be trolling. I hope.

Halfway. I am saying it in a way that I know will be somewhat provocative on purpose, but what I am saying is genuine and the reason I posted here was to check in if females had been added by one of the expansions or not. I really don't like when I can't have female characters in a squad based tactical games (assuming the units are human/humanoid in the first place), and generally a squad based tactical game only having male characters is a hard pass for me. So it is unplayable for me, as I will not play it.

In most cases I never look back, but in the case of Battle Brothers I keep hearing good things about it, and I like what I see when I see the feature list. It has been on my radar for years and I am on the edge of possibly just biting the bullet and getting it and adding mods, even though I normally hate playing a game with mods before I play the base game. I would strongly prefer if they were just in the base game, though.

You are a fucking retard. The lack of herp dwerp equality trotting woman mercenaries is part of the overall setting and feel. The devs were going for a low fantasy setting, not a culturally anachronistic one.

vazha

Arcane
Halfway. I am saying it in a way that I know will be somewhat provocative on purpose, but what I am saying is genuine and the reason I posted here was to check in if females had been added by one of the expansions or not. I really don't like when I can't have female characters in a squad based tactical games (assuming the units are human/humanoid in the first place), and generally a squad based tactical game only having male characters is a hard pass for me. So it is unplayable for me, as I will not play it.
Sounds pointless to me to skip a really good game just because it doesn't have females, but you do you.

There are lots of things that people may consider cosmetic and not care about, but they contribute to the overall gameplay experience for others. Stuff like art style, quality of graphics, is equipment shown on in game character models?, character customization, etc... Included in that would be gender and ethnicity of characters. To turn it around, how many people in this thread would be less interested in a game where you only had female characters or you couldn't have white characters?

Now none of this need affect gameplay at all, but it affects the overall gameplay experience a person has, which can have a big impact on how much a person enjoys the game.

In general this can be summed up as gameplay vs graphics. Although some things that are not not technically graphics would be in there, so maybe aesthetics would be a better term.

While I am sure many people may claim to care only about gameplay and not one bit about graphics (aesthetics), I don't believe them. I doubt there is even a single person that is true for. Some people may strongly value the gameplay over aesthetics, but I doubt there is anyone whose gameplay experience isn't impacted by the aesthetics at all.

And the aesthetic impact being strong enough to make a person less interested or not interested in a game is pretty common.

Preferring female characters models in games is also hardly a rare thing. Something worth considering if you are making games. You are definitely leaving some sales on the table if you don't have that option, and that is something to weigh against the resources needed to add them in.

Only thing I've got to say to this drivel is this:

Please steer clear of this game. It doesn't need retards like yourself.

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

http://battlebrothersgame.com/battle-brothers-coming-to-consoles/

BATTLE BROTHERS COMING TO CONSOLES

For years now, players on PC have been enjoying the Battle Brothers experience. It’s hunting down a band of Goblins only to be turned into a pincushion. It’s meeting the endearing melon mugger, and it’s sacrificing your best men to a dark god. It’s well-oiled turn-based tactical gameplay, deep character building and exploring an open world with endless replayability. It’s also dying a lot, but learning from your mistakes and getting better each time. What fun! But what if you’re a console gamer? Well…

We’re happy to announce that Battle Brothers is coming to Sony and Microsoft consoles (PS4/PS5 and Xbox One/Series X) in Early 2022!

It’s being developed by our partners Ukiyo Publishing, who have already created the Switch version of the game.

Also, fret not, we’re actually working on some new Battle Brothers content on the side!

gogis

Scholar
That feeling when your operating system isn't even as good at gaming as Linux.

Thing is, most games I can uuuh „acquire“ run well on porting kit but this Brandenburgian mess just refuses to.

Afaik the game is written in squirel (atleast it's modded in it) which have compilers for every OS. I think our sauerkrauts are just technically incompetent. Or lazy. They port it to consoles. I like them even less now... Oh well

Last edited:

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I don't really care to add a new "culture." I'd prefer underground caverns and dungeons, more monsters and wild creatures, and more islands and ships with pirates and sea monsters.

Boy, dungeons would be so cool. Would love doing some classic dungeon diving.

Reinhardt

Arcane
I don't really care to add a new "culture." I'd prefer underground caverns and dungeons, more monsters and wild creatures, and more islands and ships with pirates and sea monsters.
But "pirates" ARE new culture. So if there is new culture anyway at least pick something with cool looking armors.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

http://battlebrothersgame.com/playstation-and-xbox-release/

PLAYSTATION AND XBOX RELEASE

After taking Battle Brothers to the Nintendo Switch last year, the game has now been released for Sony PlayStation and Microsoft Xbox as well! It’s available with a 20% launch discount on the PlayStation and Xbox stores, and of course for PC and Nintendo Switch. Jubilations!

Now you’re able to lead your own mercenary company through the perils of a gritty, low-power, medieval fantasy world on your favourite console. You get to decide where to go, whom to hire or to fight from the comfort of a relaxing couch. And it is your choice what contracts to take and how to train and equip your men in a procedurally generated open world campaign with controller in hand. You get to play with all the content and features of the PC version, current and future, and you’ll have access to all the DLC!

Serus

Arcane
Patron
Who thinks it is"incline"? There are two possibilities.
Option 1: It won't sell on those consoles to even earn the money that was needed to port it or just barely so. How is that incline? In a sense it is. It won't actively cause any decline.
Option two: The opposite of the first one. It will make some or even decent money. The developers will find that console market is important for them. Faster decline of the studio towards dumbed down sh*t will follow. Entropy consumes all but why speed up the process?

Or maybe i'm too negative. Let the console folks have fun with Battle Brothers.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom