Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Battle Brothers + Beasts & Exploration, Warriors of the North and Blazing Deserts DLC Thread

Alter Sack

Magister
How do you deal with Lindwurms?

A group of five popped up near a big nomad camp.

I thought I could use the nomads to soften up the Lindwurms a little bit.

I mean it worked somehow. The nomads softened the Lindwurms up a little bit.

Problem was it didn't really help. The Lindwurms fucked me up anyway in no time.

Normally I lure a group of 2-3 Lindwurms into a big patrol (20-25 footman).

It's still a hard fight but doable.

But 5 really seem too much to handle.

Shaki

Arbiter

Problem was it didn't really help. The Lindwurms fucked me up anyway in no time.

Big Lindwurm fights are pretty much a check if you have enough good tanks. Hold as much as you can with tanks, if there are any which aren't engaged by tanks, focus them first, then polearm/ranged bros can kill the ones held in place by tanks for free.

With 2 dedicated tanks, 5-6 Lindwurms fights are very doable, tho ofc sometimes you'll still get fucked by RNG and your tank will eat 3 hits to the face at 5% chance.

Darth Canoli

Arcane

• First thing to not do is giving the Lindwurms squishy targets like doggos, patrols or any other enemy group, you don't want to fight confident Lindwurms.
  • I think overwhelm works on archers in vanilla, 2-4 good archers with overwhelm using quickshot are priceless.
  • Overwhelm if you have not too slow (faster than the lindwurms) melee bros
  • Halberds to hit them while avoiding acidic blood spills.
  • Maces to stun them, 2H maces work very well against anything with a big HP pool.
  • 2H cleavers from embalmed nobles and necrosavants or better from champions for huge damage.
  • Poison to stop their regeneration
  • Tanks with rotation to save your melee bros when shit start to fly.

• I guess a master swordman with an acidic protection attachment, very high defense and ripose would work quite well but I never use one, most enemies avoid them, it's not very efficient.

Joggerino

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik

• First thing to not do is giving the Lindwurms squishy targets like doggos, patrols or any other enemy group, you don't want to fight confident Lindwurms.
  • I think overwhelm works on archers in vanilla, 2-4 good archers with overwhelm using quickshot are priceless.
  • Maces to stun them, 2H maces work very well against anything with a big HP pool.
  • 2H cleavers from embalmed nobles and necrosavants or better from champions for huge damage.

• I guess a master swordman with an acidic protection attachment, very high defense and ripose would work quite well but I never use one, most enemies avoid them, it's not very efficient.
Fuck this, I'd rather run away. (as I already do)

k0syak

Cipher

Good tips, but you forgot the fuckers being immune to stun.
Scythes>billhooks for hitting both ass and leg.
Also, just run, their loot is shit anyway :-D

Zariusz

Arbiter
I returned to this game after some time to start new Crusader legends run. 2 days later and now i just solo eradicated 12 reavers, 6 thralls, 2 drum faggots and 2 doggos. The whole fight was just my Crusader standing on single a elevated tile and decapitating one barbarian per turn, because of fatigue (mostly from dodging every attack) he could only attack once per round but thanks to certain glorious perk if he killed someone he got -10% of fatigue and few AP points back so another hit was possible. His attacks hit hard, taking 2/3 of health and all armor of reavers but attacking only once per turn was not enough so i created certain strategy. Since thralls died 90% of time from only 1 hit i would kill one and attack reaver next, thanks to that reaver was weak enough to die from 1 hit in the next turn and when all thralls died i used weakened reavers for their purpose.

Sadly the game refuses to collaborate and all my screenshots are just blackscreens:argh:

Shaki

Arbiter
When is BB2?
Hopefully never. Don't ruin the legacy of this masterpiece with shitty sequels. First game was kinda successful, devs got a taste of money, if they make another one it'll probably move into the decline territory, it always happens. Only poor devs, working from their basement, hungry, unwashed and fueled by pure passion, can make truly good games. That's why it's important to pirate games, so good devs stay poor and can keep being artists, instead of slowly turning into businessmen.

Reinhardt

Arcane
didn't checked mods in months, clicked on nexus -

601-1666446980-1200529087.jpeg

https://www.nexusmods.com/battlebrothers/mods/601?tab=description

Old Hans

Arcane
Ive played this like 2-3 years ago, do the devs still don't plan to add actual endgame?
They're probably spending their time with their new project, whatever it turns out to be.
https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads...actics-game-from-battle-brothers-devs.141594/
they should not be doing anything other than creating battle brothers related content for my own personal enjoyment. Anything less is a betrayal to America and freedom and democracy

Modron

Arcane
I would have been fine with them focusing on and releasing another game by now instead of 3 expansions, BB 1.0 was solid enough.

Ironmonk

Augur
anyone that played recently with mods have a working mod list?

I tried to build a mod list but it keeps freezing the game on the worldmap from time to time and I disabled a couple of mods but didn't found the culprit... if I have to test all mods one by one, I might get tired of the game by the time I find the problem.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom