Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Battle Brothers + Beasts & Exploration, Warriors of the North and Blazing Deserts DLC Thread

Serus

Arcane
Patron
Anyone playing this at this time? Vanilla or Legends.

I want to share some weird ass map. It's not vanilla but latest Legends mod (18.1.1) so it is possible that such maps can spawn there regularly. However in vanilla after creating dozens of maps over the years I never saw anything even remotely similar.
2024-02-06-19-13-10-Greenshot.jpg

There seems to be two land masses divided by some big water. Cool but i don't think i will play this one.

Modron

Arcane
There seems to be two land masses divided by some big water. Cool but i don't think i will play this one.
Seems like a trader's dream being able to reach half the cities on the map from any port.

Serus

Arcane
Patron
Can noble civil war -crisis even function on such map?
Or holy war for that matter.

In BB2, if ever created, i want among other things enemy troops being able to sail. And boarding/abordage action. That would make this map viable for sure. I want tons of other map/strategy related upgrades too. Combat can stay as is. It is almost perfect. Maybe a slightly better character developments, something more juicy for buildfags.

Reinhardt

Arcane
Seems like a trader's dream being able to reach half the cities on the map from any port.
What are you, a gnome? :argh: This is a game about killing and plundering and being killed.
gnomes are fags. let me teach you about proper trading, son.

Lios

Cipher
I've overdosed on this game so much that I'll probably never replay it regularly again, unless a new really juicy DLC appears (and even then).
I would love it if their new sci-fi tactics game is actually a prank, "haha motherfuckers you fell for it- BOOM! Battle Bros 2!". But since it isn't, may it be lucrative enough for a BB2 funding.

Serus

Arcane
Patron
I've overdosed on this game so much that I'll probably never replay it regularly again, unless a new really juicy DLC appears (and even then).
I would love it if their new sci-fi tactics game is actually a prank, "haha motherfuckers you fell for it- BOOM! Battle Bros 2!". But since it isn't, may it be lucrative enough for a BB2 funding.
Did you overdose Legends too or are vanilla-only guy?

Lios

Cipher
Did you overdose Legends too or are vanilla-only guy?

Tried Legends, not my cup of tea really.

rojay

Scholar

I want to share some weird ass map. It's not vanilla but latest Legends mod (18.1.1) so it is possible that such maps can spawn there regularly. However in vanilla after creating dozens of maps over the years I never saw anything even remotely similar.

So, you didn't clear the fog of war from the rest of the map?

Good news: you're probably not autistic.
Bad news: I want to know whether there's a land bridge in the west or whether maybe there's some sort of isthmus/island thing going in the middle that is passable.

Reinhardt

Arcane

So, you didn't clear the fog of war from the rest of the map?

Good news: you're probably not autistic.
Bad news: I want to know whether there's a land bridge in the west or whether maybe there's some sort of isthmus/island thing going in the middle that is passable.
nigga, it's day 1

Serus

Arcane
Patron
What are you, a gnome? :argh: This is a game about killing and plundering and being killed.
Being killed? Sounds like someone needs to GIT GUD :outrage:
It isn't a picnic in the park or a visit to ones's aunt but a mercenary company fighting brigands and monsters. And occasionally the dead. No real risk, no fun.

Serus

Arcane
Patron
For God's sake...
It is about Legends mod. For some reason the image didn't save correctly so you'll have to trust me.
Anyway, I found a character's bio (woman, of curse) where she is referred as "they" two times. In Battle Brothers, a game that originally didn't even have any woman let alone stupid pronouns. A game that happens in some pseudo medieval, pre-industrial world. Fuck it with a hot... something, a really huge object.
To be fair, those bios, i think, are submitted by several people and this is the only case I saw in Legends so far. It is possible that one of the contributors is more enthusiastic about being a retarded sjw than others.
Did i mention already? Fuck it, or him, or they in the ass with a two handed flail. A big sword will do but only if it's really big and sharp.

Edit: some typos, i am pissed off

MerchantKing

Learned
Some of the most deadly plunderers and killers have been Gnomes. The great Uriah Twin-Hammers was one such Gnome. He was a ruthless, savage, bloodthirsty outlaw who would kill anyone or anything that got in his way. He used to repeatedly terrorize a certain gnomish village he frequently wandered through in his never-ending quest for profit and bloodshed. Of course, all good things come to an end. Fed up with Uriah's antics, the village hired a hero to protect them and enforce the law—the legendary Clint Hackman (so named for his habit of chopping his foes to little bits). With the townsfolk peering from their windows, the outlaw and the famous lawman stared each other down in the center of the dusty, deserted street. Cold as ice, Uriah said, "I've killed women and children. I've killed everything that walks or crawls on this earth. And now I'm here to kill you."Alas, Uriah met his end in that street. With his first blow, he broke his hammer on Hackman's shield, and that was it. Weaponless, he wasn't much of a match for the mighty Clint. If my uncle had only been named Twin-Hammer because he carried two weapons, he might still be alive today. But Uriah got his nickname for the mighty hammer he carried in his belt and the even mightier... uh, "hammer" he had *beneath* his belt, if you get my drift. A fine instrument to have, but not much good in a fight.

Barbarian

Arcane
I'm starting a manhunters playthrough. The theme is a couple of enterprising sandniggers travel to the far north in order to enslave snowniggers and use them for gladiatorial combat and mercenary work.

I have seem comments about how this is the "hardest origin", doesn't seem like it. 7 max level cap for indebted sucks but the "whipped" status effect somewhat makes up for it - literally +10 to every attribute and seems to stack with confident morale. Seems quite exploitable being that it also resets morale on fleeing or shaking slaves. Also the economics of the run seem much easier - you won't pay wages to most of your squad who are literal slaves and can't desert.

I plan to hunt down at least some 6-8 indebted barbarians with good stars and traits and also get them all the "arena veteran" trait. That should be the core of my formation.

Shaki

Arbiter
I'm starting a manhunters playthrough. The theme is a couple of enterprising sandniggers travel to the far north in order to enslave snowniggers and use them for gladiatorial combat and mercenary work.

I have seem comments about how this is the "hardest origin", doesn't seem like it. 7 max level cap for indebted sucks but the "whipped" status effect somewhat makes up for it - literally +10 to every attribute and seems to stack with confident morale. Seems quite exploitable being that it also resets morale on fleeing or shaking slaves. Also the economics of the run seem much easier - you won't pay wages to most of your squad who are literal slaves and can't desert.

I plan to hunt down at least some 6-8 indebted barbarians with good stars and traits and also get them all the "arena veteran" trait. That should be the core of my formation.
Yeah it's not that hard, tbh Battle Brothers overall is not a hard game once you know it well.

I personally found the origin kinda rough at the beginning, because getting good full barbarian recruits lineup can take a while and is heavily RNG reliant, but once you start rolling, it's pretty strong. Crack the whip scales with level of whipping character, so level 10 mercs will add +20 to stats IIRC, this turns lvl 7 indebted into killing machines, I personally built most of my indebted into fat neutral 2h battleforged mace dudes, and they were smashing everything, but they can also work great as ranged or hybrids due to the amount of free stats they get from the whip, a lot of potential cool builds exist.

The most important thing at the beginning, is to get used to calculating indebted's worth differently than other mercs, starting stats are king, talent stars are worth much less than on normal mercs since they get 4 less lvlups. On normal merc one star is worth 5 stats in the long run, on indebted just 3.

Shaki

Arbiter
Oh, also another super important tip, if you get student perk on indebted, you are able to access last tier of perks on lvl 7.

Serus

Arcane
Patron

You can take slaves from people you beat in combat? I never tried this origin. Those captured can have better stats than the bought indebted/slaves?

zool

Arcane

You can take slaves from people you beat in combat? I never tried this origin. Those captured can have better stats than the bought indebted/slaves?

Yes, after every fight against human enemies, you'll get an event with a prisoner who automatically joins your party as an indebted. Since they have the Indebted background, I guess they start with the relevant stats (i.e. northern or southern indebted).

Barbarian

Arcane
Well that didn't last long. A few hours and already thinking of dropping the playthrough. I had forgotten that one of the reasons I stopped playing this was the rng grind embedded in this game.

Nothing wrong with the randomization mechanics, but the 10 or so indebted I managed to capture were all shitty. I realize it would have taken a long time just chasing bands of northern raiders and fighting them until I get a good set of recruits.

I wasn't even being too demanding. Just a couple of stars in mattack and no negative trait are my requisites. I'm not sure I'm willing to spend hours more just to find recruits that are midgame material, nevermind lategame.

Does it even make sense to keep capturing barbarians with asthma, rickets and cowardice? Maybe the germans forgotten to balance this one.

Shaki

Arbiter
Well that didn't last long. A few hours and already thinking of dropping the playthrough. I had forgotten that one of the reasons I stopped playing this was the rng grind embedded in this game.

Nothing wrong with the randomization mechanics, but the 10 or so indebted I managed to capture were all shitty. I realize it would have taken a long time just chasing bands of northern raiders and fighting them until I get a good set of recruits.

I wasn't even being too demanding. Just a couple of stars in mattack and no negative trait are my requisites. I'm not sure I'm willing to spend hours more just to find recruits that are midgame material, nevermind lategame.

Does it even make sense to keep capturing barbarians with asthma, rickets and cowardice? Maybe the germans forgotten to balance this one.
Yeah, that's the "hardest" part of this origin, grinding fights for good recruits. Tho tbh you don't really *need* perfect indebted, as long as they aren't minrolled or have super negative traits, they should be ok lategame due to whip buffs. I considered any indebted that can hit 70MA(will be ~90 after whipping) and ~80HP at lvl7 as a great recruit, anything above that is godly, but I had some absolutely shitty meatshields that survived the meatgrinder and accidentally made it to lvl7, and they were also able to pull their weight with whip buffs. Even shittiest minrolled indebted will have 80MA/~30MD after whip buffs, which is enough to beat every encounter in the game.

Also, as I said before, stars are a trap and not super important, maxrolled indebted with 0 stars, will on average end up having better MA on lvl 7 than minrolled indebted with 3 stars.

Serus

Arcane
Patron

Yeah, that's the "hardest" part of this origin, grinding fights for good recruits. Tho tbh you don't really *need* perfect indebted, as long as they aren't minrolled or have super negative traits, they should be ok lategame due to whip buffs. I considered any indebted that can hit 70MA(will be ~90 after whipping) and ~80HP at lvl7 as a great recruit, anything above that is godly, but I had some absolutely shitty meatshields that survived the meatgrinder and accidentally made it to lvl7, and they were also able to pull their weight with whip buffs. Even shittiest minrolled indebted will have 80MA/~30MD after whip buffs, which is enough to beat every encounter in the game.

Also, as I said before, stars are a trap and not super important, maxrolled indebted with 0 stars, will on average end up having better MA on lvl 7 than minrolled indebted with 3 stars.
Yeah, stars are worth less on indebted. Normally every star is worth 5 points to given stat but with maximum level being 7 for indebted instead of 11 it's only 3 points worth.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom