Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Battle Brothers + Beasts & Exploration, Warriors of the North and Blazing Deserts DLC Thread

Darth Canoli

Arcane
And their reasoning is beyond retarded.

They're modders so of course, they"re retarded.
I mean 50% of the modders are, so in a big team, there has to be retarded features.

I don't like they didn't include the pause but I think it messed with a couple of things, there is some unstable features like camping when doing some caravan mission. It's mostly stable unless you choose to check bros stats/inventory, then it might crash when leaving the camping mode.

The best is just knifing people wearing good armours like there is no tomorrow.

An elementalist can do just that with his lightning attacks and even the elemental storm if the targets gets hit by lightning (ice, fire and lightning chosen randomly for each target).

As for the women, there is the vala (enchantress, buffs + summon + creating runes), the hexe (temporary or permanent charming with the magic origins submod), the shieldmaiden (male version of the militia with shield skills), noblewomen, i don't care about the rest, at some point, some of them were used for some crafts but now it's mostly the blacksmith (white wolf, stolwurm, rock unhold helmets and so on)

I hope that if i have some question later i can ask you. People on discord are ok but fellow codexer is always better, right??

Sure, I'll be glad to help if I can, I have to balance my karma somewhat ;-)

Barbarian

Arcane
I'm quite curious to what will be the effects of the mutagens/potions for all the several enemies.

So far we know that the Ifrit mutagen grants 20 natural armor bonus, and that the goblin skirmisher mutagen cuts the fatigue penalty and action points for footwork and rotate skill.

What will the orc mutagens do? Hexe mutagen? Alp? Goblin shaman? Wolves and hyenas? Serpents?

I can guess that unhold mutagen will give some kind of regeneration perk("healing factor" lol). Spider probably poison immunity? Lindwurm could give accidic blood but that would probably be overpowered.

Barbarian

Arcane
Some enemies I'm not sure actually give mutagens - I mean, do you get a potion for killing simple skellies? Do you get different mutagens for different types of goblins and orcs?

But from beasts alone you are looking at at least 11 mutagens. Add to that the potions from undead and greenskin and you will probably have some really significant overall boost to function and strategy. I'm not even considering what you will get from legendary enemies(the dev diary mentions that those are significantly powerful)

Ifrit giving 20 natural armor is extremely pathetic when the cost is confident morale.

How does "natural armor" work anyway? Mechanically in the game I mean. Is that like 20 armor points that never goes away and always reduces damage? If so not too shabby at all.

hivemind

Cipher
Patron
Pretty Princess
No idea tbh. I think simplest way it could work is probably just a flat +20 at the start of every battle that however can get destroyed as normal. If it's some indestructible flat 20 points reducing from each hit with being indestructible then maybe that might be somewhat value ish with nimble?

Barbarian

Arcane
The wiki says that some enemies have it(i.e: hexes and necromancers). It doesn't say what exactly it does and how does it work. Both those enemies are frail and easily killable so it is probably just a minor boost to armor at no fatigue expense. Like buying those leather shoulder pads.

Necrosavant is going to be something like +1 Vision at night or something

Quite sure one of the mutagens will simply be night vision. Like the potion effect except permanent.

Because witchers and shit lewl. Pretty obvious.

jungl

Augur
mutations all seem weak but neat to uncover without spoiling yourself for one run. Confident bro with fearsome trivializes 90 percent encounters in whatever direction you send him in.

Barbarian

Arcane
mutations all seem weak but neat to uncover without spoiling yourself for one run. Confident bro with fearsome trivializes 90 percent encounters in whatever direction you send him in.

We only know two of them... and from easily killable enemies at that. Were you guys expecting something über from a fucking goblin skirmisher and an ifrit? lol, those are two types of enemies you can pretty much kill early game

Harder to kill enemies will probably yield more. I mean if unhold mutagen for instance does provide some regeneration perk(which is the obvious outcome) that would be quite powerful for nimble tanks. Even if it is something like 5 hitpoints per round or whatever.

hivemind

Cipher
Patron
Pretty Princess
Is regen really more powerful than 10% def and 10% morale for nible tanks?

I am honestly hype for the origin, but the no confident thing is weird. Also fucks with the ebin witcher master warrior vibe. First thing I'm doing is modding it out in exchange for sell price cost or unable to hire nobles or something.

Barbarian

Arcane

I am honestly hype for the origin, but the no confident thing is weird. Also fucks with the ebin witcher master warrior vibe. First thing I'm doing is modding it out in exchange for sell price cost or unable to hire nobles or something.

It will probably be more powerful only when you get those ledgers filled and have several bros with 2 or 3 potions taken.

I do agree the morale restriction is silly. I will probably mod it out as well. Recruitment restriction makes more sense considering the origin description(body snatching weirdo rejects who are sometimes mistaken for necromancers)

hivemind

Cipher
Patron
Pretty Princess
lmao fuck i browsed the legends tab in the nexus and I think I'm finally gonna break down and play it, some parts of it look so fucking cool

Vincente

Arbiter
What will the orc mutagens do? Hexe mutagen? Alp? Goblin shaman? Wolves and hyenas? Serpents?
My predictions:
Orc mutagen - your troops will hit harder or rarely route, doubt they would give the charge
Hexe mutagen - all i can think of is either charm resistance or a way to break charms
Alp mutagen - bonus stats for fighting at night, a much better version of night owl trait
Wolf mutagen - kind of like the wolf mantle, some sort of resolve debuff for enemy maybe
Hyena mutagen - maybe fire resistance? or something to do with their acidic saliva?

Barbarian

Arcane
Imagine if orc berserker mutagen gave out a variation of their "rage" perk:

Rage builds up rage-stacks, each rage stack grants +2% +1 +1-1 +1 , gains 2 rage stacks for each successful attack and 5 for each kill. The user will lose 1 stack on the start of each turn. Maximum damage reduction is 70%.

Nah. Too fucking powerful for what is also an enemy that is somewhat easily killable early game.

Barbarian

Arcane
My predictions:
Orc mutagen - your troops will hit harder or rarely route, doubt they would give the charge
Hexe mutagen - all i can think of is either charm resistance or a way to break charms
Alp mutagen - bonus stats for fighting at night, a much better version of night owl trait
Wolf mutagen - kind of like the wolf mantle, some sort of resolve debuff for enemy maybe
Hyena mutagen - maybe fire resistance? or something to do with their acidic saliva?

Don't think so man, orc resolve is actually pretty shit and they route frequently. Even warlords have like 90 resolve - high but not unsurmountable. Damage or hit point bonus make sense.

Hyena I would guess something with initiative bonus or maybe overwhelm or bleed mechanic. Their craftable pelt gives initiative bonus anyway - and overwhelmed + bleeding are two of their main features.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
Have they removed tacticool active abilities from zombies at least or it's still "modders gonna mod"?

I'm not sure what you're referring to but wiedergangers don't use rotate, ancient dead might, though and undead gladiators use nets.
Fallen Heroes use AoE skills with 2H weapons.

Undead players, on the other hand probably have access to way more skills but I don't like playing undead so I can't help you on this one.

Serus

Arcane
Patron

Perhaps if you find a good character with the trait that prevents him from ever be confident? Don't remember the name of the trait. That would negate the disadvantage.

Vincente

Arbiter
I actually thought Oathtakers would be an Avatar origin like Lone Wolf. Wish we got another origin like LW before EoS, but alas.

hivemind

Cipher
Patron
Pretty Princess
Just got the most unholy bloat idea ever.

What if you can combine the oathtakers and anatomist unique mechanics into one origin

Darth Canoli

Arcane
Well, i'm waiting for a month or two for mods to catch up, fix the bugs and improve upon the probably overrated new origins to get back in business.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom