Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Battle Brothers + Beasts & Exploration, Warriors of the North and Blazing Deserts DLC Thread

Serus

Arcane
Patron

Serus

Arcane
Patron
ok im gonna say it

oathkeepers > anatomists
In term of early gameplay i certainly agree. Those starting anatomist have mediocre starts and with no confident morale they are overall very weak. Supposedly they get better in mid/late game though. Can't say now if it's true or not. Early you deal with their weaknesses but their strength doesn't do much yet. How far have you played with them?

Jrpgfan

Erudite
ok im gonna say it

oathkeepers > anatomists
They're less OP than I thought they would be though. Was hoping for 2 lone wolves but got 2 adventurous nobles.

Younger dude is basically Viper with worse stats(as far as I can remember) and slightly better armor. The older one was clearly intended to be sergeant but he comes with the old trait and no stars on health and fat so those are really subpar for the role.

I saw a post on steam forums saying another crusader asks to join your company later on. Played quite a bit yesterday and he didn't show up. Can anyone confirm this?

Last edited:

Serus

Arcane
Patron
ok im gonna say it

oathkeepers > anatomists
They're less OP than I thought they would be though. Was hoping for 2 lone wolves but got 2 adventurous nobles.

Younger dude is basically Viper with worse stats(as far as I can remember) and slightly better armor. The older one was clearly intended to be sergeant but he comes with the old trait and no stars on health and fat so those are really subpar for the role.
He can be a decent bannerman even without those stars. But not a great one. I wouldn't go as far to call him "subpar" though. I'd keep him in a company unless a better one was found by accident. I wouldn't be looking actively for another bannerman.
Or you can reroll the start until you get some good traits like iron lungs or +10s and such. That would help with poor starting fat or health.

hivemind

Cipher
Patron
Pretty Princess
ok im gonna say it

oathkeepers > anatomists
In term of early gameplay i certainly agree. Those starting anatomist have mediocre starts and with no confident morale they are overall very weak. Supposedly they get better in mid/late game though. Can't say now if it's true or not. Early you deal with their weaknesses but their strength doesn't do much yet. How far have you played with them?
I gave ironmeme a try and played for a while in the early game. The money they have is good even at Low funds but opener feels tediously reliant on shop rng and yeah just no morale sucks ass. I got bored of them after a bit and went to play with the game files to check the potions and was quite dissapointed.

Some of the legendary ones do cool shit and there are a few neat non leggo ones too but my honest to god take is that literally none of the potions is as interesting as for example the Viper trait so I'm not sure if I have the motivation to play a crippled no morale campaign for the sake of their potions. Especially since most of them seem to have like "tank synergy" for lack of a better world.

Atm to me Anatomists just feel like a challenge run

hivemind

Cipher
Patron
Pretty Princess
basically they feel like davkul -

the sacrifice management is more tedious than killing leggos i guess but overall the aesthetics are better imo

hivemind

Cipher
Patron
Pretty Princess
tfw run over because i was max speed chasing one party and got ambushed by another

tel me how ironmeme is not dumb

Serus

Arcane
Patron
tfw run over because i was max speed chasing one party and got ambushed by another

tel me how ironmeme is not dumb
Don't max speed chase anything early game. I mean it.
Be careful when your vision range is low on main map (mostly in forests). Consider not going there very early.
In addition you might want to install the mod that pauses automatically when enemy appears.
Also, as long as your not surrounded in battle, You can run from almost anything in this game. So don't get ambushed by stronger enemies. It isn't that hard.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
Be careful when your vision range is low on main map (mostly in forests). Consider not going there very early.
In addition you might want to install the mod that pauses automatically when enemy appears.
Also, as long as your not surrounded in battle, You can run from almost anything in this game. So don't get ambushed by stronger enemies. It isn't that hard.

Don't waste your breath, hive has 10 times your playing time in BB but will never learn...

Serus

Arcane
Patron

Don't waste your breath, hive has 10 times your playing time in BB but will never learn...
Maybe. However ten times more would be quite an accomplishments considering my steam shows almost 800 hours iirc. I did play some hours in ea on a plundered copy* too. If he'd - literally - played almost 8000 hours (!) that would be... impressive but also a bit excessive.

*Hey! I liked it very much - obviously - and soon later bought it and later also the dlcs. Without being able to copy it i'd probably buy it too - but a big sale much later. Everybody would loose, me AND the devs. Which is another argument that maritime theft is good if used with good intentions.
:positive:

Harthwain

Magister
If he'd - literally - played almost 8000 hours (!) that would be... impressive but also a bit excessive.
Eh, there is nothing bad in spending a crazy amount of time to play a game. What is bad is spending a crazy amount of time to play a game you absolutely hate.

hivemind

Cipher
Patron
Pretty Princess
I reverted the game version, and tried legends and it's pretty fun, the Legendary difficulty with bandit thugs having overwhelm and shit is kinda tight

I NEEEEED to zoom zoom across the map

1) I will never run from a battle
2) I will never play on anything less than 4x speed
3) I will never install the pause mod because i am lazy
4) I will seethe and complain

simple as

where the fuck is the day 1 anatomist confidence fix
okay, I might be retarded and just missing it, but I legit can't tell how the fuck they disable the confident flag, there is nothing in the scenario file itself that would do it

Serus

Arcane
Patron
I reverted the game version, and tried legends and it's pretty fun, the Legendary difficulty with bandit thugs having overwhelm and shit is kinda tight

I NEEEEED to zoom zoom across the map

1) I will never run from a battle
2) I will never play on anything less than 4x speed
3) I will never install the pause mod because i am lazy
4) I will seethe and complain

simple as

where the fuck is the day 1 anatomist confidence fix
okay, I might be retarded and just missing it, but I legit can't tell how the fuck they disable the confident flag, there is nothing in the scenario file itself that would do it
I admire people with principles. However, yours are against the principles of BB ironman. You want to eat a hamburger and at the same time remain 100% vegetarian. Can't be done, sorry.

Barbarian

Arcane
0kwihvvj9um81.jpg

Fluent

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Hey all. So I did the tutorial last night and really enjoyed it. I think I have the basic gameplay loop figured out, and it's hecka addictive and fun. I'm going to start my official Ironman campaign soon and dig much deeper into things. Really cool game, I can see why some people play this game for hecka hours. :P

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom