Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Battle Brothers Pre-Release Thread

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Guys, is there a crash log or something? I got some crashes, both in and out of combat and would like to maybe send it to the developers as a log to take a look at.

Try to run it with admin rights. Seems to fix a-lot of issues

rapsdjff

Overhype Studios
Developer
I got a crash when entering combat and a freeze while in combat with raiders attacking a caravan. What's the name of the logfile? I don't have an Overhype Studios folder, the game is probably somewhere in Steam files.
The name of the logfile is 'log.html' and it's located at C:\ProgramData\Overhype Studios\Battle Brothers - like I said, it may be hidden to you.

Dr Skeleton

Arcane
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I got a crash when entering combat and a freeze while in combat with raiders attacking a caravan. What's the name of the logfile? I don't have an Overhype Studios folder, the game is probably somewhere in Steam files.
The name of the logfile is 'log.html' and it's located at C:\ProgramData\Overhype Studios\Battle Brothers - like I said, it may be hidden to you.
You're right, it's there, I was looking in Program Files. Unfortunately, the crash was at 20:28 going by the screenshot's age and the earliest date in the log is 20:30.

Edit: Ayyyy, my antivirus deleted BattleBrothers.exe when I tried to run with admin rights. :lol:

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
You're right, it's there, I was looking in Program Files. Unfortunately, the crash was at 20:28 going by the screenshot's age and the earliest date in the log is 20:30.

Edit: Ayyyy, my antivirus deleted BattleBrothers.exe when I tried to run with admin rights. :lol:

No fun allowed!

Dr Skeleton

Arcane
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Ok, solved it after downloading the missing file, if anyone uses AVG and has this problem, temporarily disable protection when you change game's exe, then enable it again, there's no problem with running the game from steam once run as admin is enabled in the exe.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Oh, hey, why isn't this thread in GRPG yet?

Seems quite popular. Is it Kodex Kurator worthy?

Last edited:

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
This is great fun, you lot did a fantastic job so far.

After playing 6 hours, I think my company is pretty much invincible. I haven't fought any group stronger than "average", but I easily smash young orcs, raiders, and zombies to bits. All the orc dens I've raided have just been a warlord and a few young orcs; after you pick off the little ones, the warlord is easy enough.

Perhaps scale the missions to the power of your party? I keep getting contracts for 150~ to go to a distant town, or to find a location. Those sorts of jobs are totally beneath my band of brothers; I need contracts to kill powerful enemy settlements (thereby revealing the location of the settlement, so I don't have to walk around for hours).

Any magical weapons in the game so far? I think I found all the regular weapons.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Try to find a 3000 crowns contract. Holy shit you are in for a surprise. My gang of merry men got wiped out. Orc warriors are terrifying :)

Naraya

Arcane
So I heard about this game yesterday here on Kodex. Looks gud but is it really? I'm getting the vibes of HoMM3 combat from the Steam gameplay trailer, am I correct? I assume it has more RPG elements though?

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
? Don't you want more people to know about this game? Not everybody reads the Workshop. It's on Steam now, it's time to go public. Same as we did with Underrail, which also used to be here.
Dude why do you keep taking me seriously? Even I don't do that.

Maelflux

Cipher
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Oh man, I had forgotten about this game. Great it was moved!

I absolutely adore the tiny persona busts!! :bounce:

Added to wishlist, and lets see if I get time to buy/play it soon.

Naraya

Arcane
I've read the description and I'm really looking forward to this! I understand it's in EA so I won't buy it just yet (just a personal rule), but I would LOVE to be able to purchase it via GOG.
Do you have a plan to make it possible in the future?

vonAchdorf

Arcane
I've read the description and I'm really looking forward to this! I understand it's in EA so I won't buy it just yet (just a personal rule), but I would LOVE to be able to purchase it via GOG.

I think they said that they will have a DRM free version after release. From a developer point of view, pushing patches on Steam is indefinitely easier than doing the same on GOG (or elsewhere), so my guess is that EA will stay exclusively on Steam.

rapsdjff

Overhype Studios
Developer
Yes, once the game is done we'll definitely get in contact with GOG. For now, like vonAchdorf said, pushing patches to just Steam is a lot easier for us than maintaining several different builds and potentially creating patches manually for them. Unless their policy has changed, GOG also doesn't feature games in Early Access.

Naraya

Arcane
Yes, once the game is done we'll definitely get in contact with GOG. For now, like vonAchdorf said, pushing patches to just Steam is a lot easier for us than maintaining several different builds and potentially creating patches manually for them. Unless their policy has changed, GOG also doesn't feature games in Early Access.
Thank you very much for swift reply, going to grab it as soon as it's available :)

oscar

Arcane
This is great fun, you lot did a fantastic job so far.

After playing 6 hours, I think my company is pretty much invincible. I haven't fought any group stronger than "average", but I easily smash young orcs, raiders, and zombies to bits.

Same here until I rumbled with a party of adult orcs and had two thirds of my veteran company wiped out.

Hell yeah.

Well, feel free to volunteer a 152 character description!

A turn-based low fantasy X-Com with the novel idea of placing the player in charge of managing and leading a mercenary company. Combat is turn-based, tactical and cut-throat with positioning, morale, weapon reach, fatigue, unique abilities and perks all needing to be factored in. You'll grow attached to your Battle Brothers who all feature random backgrounds and traits and can be killed at any moment. Highly recommended due to its fun permadeath combat, charming graphics and sensible UI. Mount & Blade + turn-based combat.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom