Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Battlefield 1 - set in World War 1

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard

holyyyy shiiiiitttttt, this game gonna own

Valestein

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
Hope they add France to this, particularly, their cool tanks.

My fave of theirs being the Saint-Chamond, which is like WW1's "stug".

The Schneider CA1 with it's oddly positioned 75mm gun isn't too shabby either.

Last, but not least, the FT-17, the world's first "true" tank(due to it having an actual turret).

Vive le France!

Was hyped to see a WWI fps incoming.

Hype evaporated upon seeing the trailer, the last civilised war now with shitty dubstep and fucking modern 'tude.

At least better it looks better then the garbage that is Verdun

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
o5XHtdN.jpg

rendition1.img.jpg

Beastro

Arcane

Gotta love all the pics of people wearing gasmasks. These pics and their ilk show how sickening this glamorization is - this isn't the Death Corps of Krieg. Gas masks aren't fun. Never were and never will be.

Might look badass but they sure weren't wearing them hours on end, sleeping in them, etc to the point where people seriously risked taking in phosgene because they were downright fucking sick of having on their faces. It's why both sides wound up randomly attacking with gas, not because the gas was effective, but it was a nightmare wearing masks all the time - the prevention was nearly as worse as the weapon itself and wore down units even if you only did a mock gas attack and didn't actually send anything.

That last pic of the fighting in them is funny. All looking so exciting fighting instead of them fumbling around desperately grabbing at shit trying to feel each other because they can't see anything while near suffocating because they can't breath, sucking in hot air more than oxygen.

Funny how they skipped right to the full masks too. What? Having the player have to whip out a cloth and play a minigame of pissing on it and keeping the piss rag on their face breathing through it not fun?

I know I've rattled on about WWI being misrepresented in most people's minds in this thread, but that doesn't mean its more sinister aspects, like gas warfare and masks, weren't a nightmare, it's why they've barely been used en mass since then and why Hitler of all people, even when he had nothing to lose, never considered using them unless as a reply.

Last edited:
With my experience wearing filter masks I would definitely say wearing gas mask would be a pain in the ass, the first five or ten minutes are alright, then it gets really hot because it's rubber on the skin. You can also you feel the pressure of the straps if you played it safe if your not sure the right pressure is to get a seal and overdid it. Also filter masks start to smell if you don't wipe the sweat off after taking it off. So with the gas mask it would be hot, achingly tight, can't see shit and you would always smell BO because you can't clean the damn mask.

varangos

Prospernaut
Dumbfuck
you understand that dis game doesnt focus on the red orchestra type of players but at the MOFO edgy 15 year olds and manbabies right?

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Lol @ people still butthurt about the "MISREPRESENTATIONZZ of Worl war ONe111" ! So importunt bruh, so sacred. Please, fuck off.

This is a video game, with the goal of having all out war and having fun killing eachother in crazy explosive ways in the WWI setting. Who cares about the fucking representation? You guys got a dead grandfather from WWI or some shit? You seem awfully awfully butthurt about ridiculous shit.

It's a fucking videogame, not a WWI historical documentary and interactive movie about the HORRORS of war. If I want fun in a wargame with my friends I go play this, if I want a fucking historic lesson, I go to the library or wikipedia. Got it?

And please fuck off with that "THE KIDS WILL LEARN WRONG THINGS FROM THIS" argument. Maybe american kids (lel) but don't underestimate the population of the rest of the world.

NO MORE talk about this now in this thread, please.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Lol @ people still butthurt about the "MISREPRESENTATIONZZ of Worl war ONe111" ! So importunt bruh, so sacred. Please, fuck off.

This is a video game, with the goal of having all out war and having fun killing eachother in crazy explosive ways in the WWI setting. Who cares about the fucking representation? You guys got a dead grandfather from WWI or some shit? You seem awfully awfully butthurt about ridiculous shit.

It's a fucking videogame, not a WWI historical documentary and interactive movie about the HORRORS of war. If I want fun in a wargame with my friends I go play this, if I want a fucking historic lesson, I go to the library or wikipedia. Got it?

And please fuck off with that "THE KIDS WILL LEARN WRONG THINGS FROM THIS" argument. Maybe american kids (lel) but don't underestimate the population of the rest of the world.

I dont give a fuck about misrepresentation or an accurate portrayal of WWI, have fucking gay ass steampunk mechs and "alternative reality" weapons ripped from WW2 for all I care

What I give a fuck about is that they managed to turn the last war that was managed by inbred aristocrats with cavalier notions of glory straight from the 19th century into some shitty ass fucking modern day gritfest

This was a fucking era where British infantry by military regulation were required to grow a mustache, entire nations were willingly plunging themselves into unrecoverable debt simply so they can participate in the international dreadnought dickwaving contest, a time where citizens called for the conquest and subjugation of backassed foreign countries for no other reason then to have more of the world map painted their own colour.

I want a fucking game where I can see the Romantic idea's of warfare dive headfirst into the killing efficiency of modern technology, where entire generations of boys raised on Kipling and indoctrinated into a culture where dying for your country was the highest ideal, where belief in the superiority of personal elan over bullets was irrefutable.

But no we're not getting any of that, it's just a shitty gimmick to make things fresh. Just like how every fucking modern sci-fi setting is essentially the UN of today in space

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy

I dont give a fuck about misrepresentation or an accurate portrayal of WWI, have fucking gay ass steampunk mechs and "alternative reality" weapons ripped from WW2 for all I care

What I give a fuck about is that they managed to turn the last war that was managed by inbred aristocrats with cavalier notions of glory straight from the 19th century into some shitty ass fucking modern day gritfest

This was a fucking era where British infantry by military regulation were required to grow a mustache, entire nations were willingly plunging themselves into unrecoverable debt simply so they can participate in the international dreadnought dickwaving contest, a time where citizens called for the conquest and subjugation of backassed foreign countries for no other reason then to have more of the world map painted their own colour.

I want a fucking game where I can see the Romantic idea's of warfare dive headfirst into the killing efficiency of modern technology, where entire generations of boys raised on Kipling and indoctrinated into a culture where dying for your country was the highest ideal, where belief in the superiority of personal elan over bullets was irrefutable.

But no we're not getting any of that, it's just a shitty gimmick to make things fresh. Just like how every fucking modern sci-fi setting is essentially the UN of today in space

How the fuck is that DICE and EA's problem, that you want something other than what they are making for you? Go make your own game, then, if it doesn't please you, or wait till some indie company makes another WWI game you like.

No reason to be butthurt at DICE, because they deliver an excellent war game shooter in the WWI setting.

How the fuck is that DICE and EA's problem, that you want something other than what they are making for you? Go make your own game, then, if it doesn't please you, or wait till some indie company makes another WWI game you like.

No reason to be butthurt at DICE, because they deliver an excellent war game shooter in the WWI setting.

It isn't, which is probably why I dont play shooters anymore. I simply had my hopes up that we'd see something fucking different or interesting as they advantage of the setting, rather then simply using it as window dressing.

If I wanted some kind of shitty WWI skinpack on a game I "enjoy", and assuming I'm some kinda faggot that doesn't mind that its purely a cosmetic change, I'd just find or make a fucking mod myself.

And yes I'm butthurt. There was a fuckton of WWI games that came out for it's centennial, and pretty much every single one of them has been complete shit. WWI medic and some of the old red barons remain the only decent games for that era, aside from grand strategy games.

Like fucking Verdun, fucking brilliant idea making a WWI class based shooter. I wanted to play Team Fortress with less mechanics and shittier textures.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane

:hype:

Watching right now.

I am hyped...

BF4 after 6 months of fixing was actually a pretty fucking good game. Among my favourite shooters.
They seen to have improved the gunplay, sound, destruction. Since the maps are based on actual locations maybe the maps will better designed.

And you can pilot a FUCKING AIRSHIP!!!!!!

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
JESUS FUCKING CHRIST!

Markteking nowadays is so cringe. 30 minutes of interviewing the players of this stream. Wich by the way are all "gamers" like Snoop Dog, Jack Effron, Jamie Foxx and other "celebrities" and youtubers, that clearly don't give a fuck about games or any of this shit.

So when did battlefield have regen health? Keep in mind I haven't played this series since battlefield 2, I'm asking this because I noticed the regen in some players viewpoints.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
So it's BF4 with a new skin. Everyone is still running around at random and shooting with automatics.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom