Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Battlefield 2042

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by MotherMachinae, Jun 10, 2021.

1. Rewrite Latest Doxxer Account Dumbfuck

Unwanted
    If you are white, heterosexual male, than DICE and EA are literally your mortal enemies.
    This is not a joke or exaggeration. They are literally waging an open war on your very identity.
    If you consooom/spread this garbage, you are a slave. A worthless trash skinbag. You are nothing.
    You are tilling their fields and """they""" are spitting in your face.
    Death and hatred to them.
    I repeat, they are literally your mortal enemies.
    Know your enemy, do them justice.

• Participation Award x 4
    • Okily Dokily! x 3
    • Agree x 2
    • meh x 1
    • I found this text to be too long and as such I didn't read it x 1
    • WTF am I reading x 1
    • retadred x 1
    • Shit x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Nutria Liturgist Patron

Nutria
    Strap Yourselves In
    Let's not hyperventilate here.

^ Top  
  3. DemonKing Arcane

DemonKing
    I fired up BFV last night and have to admit I had a good time. The VFX and SFX (especially via headphones) and really good and visceral. If you can ignore the occasional scream of a dying woman on the frontlines it's a decent title.

Not so much into modern or future Battlefield games but will probably give BF2042 a shot.

• hopw roewur ne hopw roewur ne x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. DJOGamer PT Arcane

DJOGamer PT
    Eh...
    Gameplay are always something you can really only know by playing
    Battlefield demos were always more about to inform on the technical side plus a has a sort of sneak peek at level design

In the latter aspect the trailer wasn't very revealing
    The map seems like a more modern version of "Gulf of Oman", but in-land rather than by the cost
    Now in terms of scale the map seems huge

As for the technical side
    Honestly this is the first time I am not impressed by the graphical quality
    Although I was very curious with the text that said matches can now support 128 players
    Damn that will make for some very chaotic matches, but trailer doesn't show this properly as well
    In terms of destruction it also doesn't stand out, but urban maps in BF never were that big on destruction
    Although they seem to be bringing back BF4 Levolution
    The sandstorm is also something BF4 version of "Golf of Oman" had, but now they added a sand tornado as well

^ Top  
  5. Nutria Liturgist Patron

Nutria
    Strap Yourselves In
    The one thing I got out of it is that with 128 players that also means twice as many vehicles, so we could see stuff like 3 vs. 3 tank battles more often. That could be interesting.

^ Top  
  6. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Shit Shit x 1
    • Excited! Excited! x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. DJOGamer PT Arcane

DJOGamer PT
    TL;DR: 8 minute video of marketing features that have been a staple of the series for more than 10 years now... :M

Although the part about the scale of maps and the way they chaged their level design process was informative
    If what this guy said is true, this game's average conquest map is easily double the size of even the largest maps from previous entries

^ Top  
  8. Curratum Magister

Curratum
    Battlefield is arcade, bullet sponge garbage. ARMA and its peers are dull, autistic garbage.

True gentlemen play Rising Storm 2 Vietnam - the gamer's choice of REELIZM shooter.

• Participation Award Participation Award x 2
    • Acknowledge this user's Agenda Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 1
    • When words are not enough When words are not enough x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. Nutria Liturgist Patron

Nutria
    Strap Yourselves In
    Realism is when you see the guys getting evacuated for hepatitis who look like they're half-dead already. And the officers tell you that they should have washed their hands after they took a shit, but you know that there isn't a sink with running water within a mile of their latrine. And from that day forward you just go to the PX and buy canned food until it's over.

• Prestigious Prestigious x 1
    • quality shit quality shit x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. DeepOcean Arcane

DeepOcean
    Also, I noticed the russians are the big baddies again.

With the way the american army soldiers are now using high heels during training and the russians are the big toxic masculinity big baddies, a whole generation of american boys will recieve the subliminal mensage that to be toxic males, they will need to speak russian from now on. It almost seems like a KGB operation to prepare the american citizenship psique to recieve the russians as liberators.:lol:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • incline incline x 1
    • Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. Morgoth Arcane Patron

Morgoth
    What you're talking about? If there's one NATO ballistic projectile, no matter whether it's an AIM-7 or an ICBM, entering Russian airspace, London, Paris, Frankfurt and Brussels will be turned into glass instantly. No questions asked. Putin said so.

American Army soldiers can calmy continue to practice the art of high heels marching. They'll be safe.

• Despair Despair x 1
    • [citation needed] [citation needed] x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. DJOGamer PT Arcane

DJOGamer PT
    It's possible there's some other teams, such as China or even a EU like in BF2 and 2142

While the state of the US Army is hilarious, I still doubt Russians could mount a successful invasion of the US
    /pol/ speak aside, the US as country is by itself something any invading force would be hard pressed to control, given the land's extent and diversity of biomes, the large amount of resources available too them, and the fact pacifying such a heavily armed population that could form militia's at any point would be nightmare
    Plus the reason why the US Army is in such condition to begin with, is simply because for the last 2 decades the US goverment has been relying more and more on PMC's to do the work
    The reasons for this being pretty simple, PMC's are cheaper (you don't have to train the man, you don't have to equip them, you don't have to feed them, you just have to pay the sum total agreed upon their contract) and lastly unlike regular soldiers, the population doesn't get mad at you for sending their sons and fathers to die fighting on some bullshit political/economic war
    I mean nobody cries for a fucking merc

Last edited: Jun 20, 2021
    ^ Top  
  13. DeepOcean Arcane

DeepOcean
    I know that, I just find funny what will happen when the democrats execute order 666:
    "Be gay or die."
    :lol:

• Funny Funny x 3
    ^ Top  
  14. AwesomeButton Personally falsified the US election results Patron

AwesomeButton
    PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    I don't know about the state of the US army, but Russia's army is a subject of fiction.

^ Top  
  15. MotherMachinae Arcane

MotherMachinae

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

BF Kitchen Sink edition?

Last edited: Jul 22, 2021 at 4:52 PM
    • Sweat gathers upon my brow, let me dab it Sweat gathers upon my brow, let me dab it x 1
    • "It was Aliens" "It was Aliens" x 1
    • Shit Shit x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. Trans-Financial-Man Prophet

Trans-Financial-Man
    That sounds fun but the continual snubbing of 2142 even though it was the best Battlefield game makes me angry and want to yell at clouds again.

• Yes Yes x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker

• Shit x 2
    • Informative x 1
    • "It was Aliens" x 1
    • WTF am I reading x 1
    • popamole x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. Spectacle Arcane Patron

Spectacle
    From what I've seen it seems like the EA Battlefield team has no clue what they're doing, they're just imitating stuff that was popular in the past without understanding why it was popular. BF 2042 is likely to be a massive failure that kills the franchise. :negative:

• Fabulously Optimistic Fabulously Optimistic x 2
    • Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. Alexander DeLarge Liturgist

Alexander DeLarge
    Battlefield Portal is giving me some 007 Nightfire vibes where you'd have different era/themed weapons that would totally change the feel of the match. 2142 equipment versus 1942 equipment on Wake Island sounds really fun.
    [​IMG]
    It's not mod support or anything but I'll take it.

^ Top  
  20. Trans-Financial-Man Prophet

Trans-Financial-Man
    These are the same people who though the best idea ever for Battlefront 2's final hero was a disco ball robot and a pallet swap of the disco ball robot. Then they patted themselves on the back for deciding to abandon the game.

^ Top  
  21. DJOGamer PT Arcane

DJOGamer PT
    ffs
    why BF3?
    that game's maps were boring, and the few good ones are all from BD2

although the version of "Caspian Border" they shown on the trailer is more similiar to the one from BF4

meh
    It was not the worst BF from the old line (the ones before BD2), but also not the best (that would be 2)

^ Top  
  22. Nutria Liturgist Patron

Nutria
    Strap Yourselves In
    This seems suspiciously like an excuse to reuse assets from earlier games. I mean even more than they already do.

^ Top  
  23. AwesomeButton Personally falsified the US election results Patron

AwesomeButton
    PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Not reworking Dragon Valley and Strike at Karkand is a such a wasted opportunity.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. lycanwarrior Educated

lycanwarrior
    Yeah, that US Army ad with the female recruit with two lesbo moms was easily some of the worst, most "woke" propaganda I've ever seen in my life. Making the US look like an utter laughing stock.

Not really into exclusive PvP multiplayer games, but if it gives Acti-Blizz/CoD some much needed competition so much the better.

^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.