Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Battlefield 2042

Wunderbar

Arcane

This is not an oversight or a bug. They intentionally did it that way, because they don't know how guns work. From the recent changelog:

"Fixed M44 revolver chambering an extra bullet; it will now correctly reload 5 bullets instead of 6"

lycanwarrior

Scholar
What a resume: Battlefront 2, BF5 and 2042. Good riddance.

https://www.videogameschronicle.com...sign-is-leaving-dice-following-2042s-release/
Battlefield’s head of design is leaving DICE, following 2042’s release

FAWZI MESMAR SAYS DICE HAS BEEN “DISCUSSING MY SUCCESSION PLANS FOR SOME TIME”

Fawzi Mesmar, DICE’s head of design who looked after the Battlefield and Star Wars: Battlefront franchises, has left the company following the release of Battlefield 2042, VGC can reveal.

He's headed to Ubisoft interestingly enough:

https://news.ubisoft.com/en-us/arti...ubisofts-new-vice-president-of-editorial?s=09

ferratilis

Magister
:incline:

REVIEWS
“Runs amazing on current gen RTX card at 200 FPS in 4K”
10 – JackLies

“The best Clownfare experience ever made”
9.9 – ING

“The next big thing is here and this is it”
9.5 – MetaSomething

ABOUT THIS GAME
Clownfield 2042 is a FPS where you take a role of unique soldier, equipped with six weapons that has to fight enemy and win the front. After 2022 cryptocrash, majority of nations collapsed and a union of "No-Clowns" has been formed; and you happen to be one of them. Arm up and get ready for the war.
ALL OUT CLOWNFARE
The next generation of fan favorites Clownfare and Hovercraft Zone features the largest Clownfield maps ever built and up to whatever amount of AI players your PC can handle. Experience the intensity of all out clownfare on maps filled with mediocre weather and world events, such as Tornado.
HOVERCRAFT ZONE
Why play the game like its meant to be played when you can hop into a hovercraft and slay all your enemies? Disrupt the game physics, brake the rules of gameplay and enjoy the unoptimized experience ever.
CLOWNFIELD GATEWAY
Ever dreamed about a gateway where you can be just by yourself? Look no further, our classic gateway mode is making to Clownfield 2042!
CURRENT CLOWNFIELD FEATURES
  • Three Maps [War Island, Paradise City and The Heat]
  • Six Weapons [2 Assault Rifles, 1 Handgun, 1 Sniper Rifle, 1 Rocket Launcher and 1 Shotgun]
  • Three Game Modes [All Out Clownfare - Free for All with AI, Hovercraft Zone - Hovercraft vs. AI, Clownfield Gateway - Adjust ingame properties to play the way you want to play]
  • Weather Events [Physics driven Tornado System across all maps]
  • AI System [Pretty basic but good enough for the moment]
  • And much more!

And bugs, per usual, plenty of bugs. We'll let you enjoy them as is; and instead of fixing them, we'll just release some new skins.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Same dev made a SIMP game, where one DLC cost 180 euros or something for that SIMP immersion.

Last edited:

baud

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth

34% off, people! If you want to play a game with 53k negative reviews on Steam, that is

edit: damn I can't write for shit

Last edited:

lycanwarrior

Scholar
holy shit, if ea rabbis already put it on sale this must be much worse than anyone could imagine.

Also free to play this weekend.

Same thing with Call of Duty Vanguard. They just had a free weekend not too long ago, and it hadn't even been one month!

Totally unprecedented for both franchises. EA and Activision really screwed the pooch this holiday season lmao...

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Lol:
tu3wcicc5w681.png

Wunderbar

Arcane
Reminded me of this

The Guardian gave crime drama Legend two stars in its review, but they were placed in such a way as to look like the other three were hidden behind Tom Hardy’s head.

11.jpg

Last edited:

Lutte

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck

34% off, people! If you want to play with 53k negative reviews on Steam, that is

I had to look up when it was released, just to make sure. A month ago! Just a month ago. Yet already cutting 20 euros off the price. DICE has been lolcow material for a while but this should be a new record.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy

https://www.videogameschronicle.com...sign-is-leaving-dice-following-2042s-release/

Fawzi Mesmar, DICE’s head of design who looked after the Battlefield and Star Wars: Battlefront franchises, has left the company following the release of Battlefield 2042, VGC can reveal.

https://news.ubisoft.com/en-us/arti...ubisofts-new-vice-president-of-editorial?s=09

From one dumpster fire of diversity into another, fitting.

lycanwarrior

Scholar

From one dumpster fire of diversity into another, fitting.

Still it is a definitely a big upgrade from the horse dung that is EA.

Good for him at his new position!

Nutria

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
I said to wait until it was $5 because that's how long it will take for them to fix all its problems. I guess I was way too optimistic.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom