Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

RTS Battlefleet Gothic: Armada 2

rashiakas

Cipher
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
good god this guy is insufferable

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Who would have though that the space marines are good at boarding,real shocker! The game is not made/balanced for a multi,and i agree that the boarding is meh. Still it is normal for such a game,every game have their best civ/hero.

baud

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
For all their sermons about how much effort they put into online game balance the state of online play is this.

Absolutely retarded cheese tactics. Game is full of them. AdMech light cruiser spam, Space Marine board spam - game is in abysmal state in terms of balance

It's pre-release, perhaps it has improved since then?

e7TMVpL.png

Monkeyfinger

Cipher
Beat the imperium campaign. Decent repetitive timewaster but I'm not tempted to replay. It drags on too long once you have your deployment limit maxed out, with too many of the same system capture/invasion defense battles.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014

Cadia has fallen, but this is just the start of your Black Crusade. At the head of a fleet of Word Bearers, the most fervent servants of the Ruinous Powers, Malos Vrykan begins his campaign of chaos and destruction across the Aegis Occularis. His path is yours, how will you bring the galaxy to its knees?

In a brand-new Chaos Grand Campaign, experience a whole new narrative in Battlefleet Gothic: Armada 2, charting your rise through the ranks of Chaos to become a true champion of the Dark Gods. New ships, unique missions, and their own campaign map mechanics make the Chaos campaign a fully-fledged upgrade to Battlefleet Gothic: Armada 2.

- New Chaos grand campaign: To Serve The Dark Gods.
- Begin by conquering the key system of Chinchare and spread your influence from there
- Brand new story shows the fate of the Galaxy should Chaos dominate
- Side arcs include each other race being overrun by the Dark Gods and their minions
- Use unique map resources to summon gifts of Chaos to destroy your enemies
- Master Chaos fleets and their associated powers, upgrades, and admirals

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
Meh. It was incredibly mediocre and I can't see this new campaign to be something else, because all mechanics are dumbed down and extremely unfun. And non-canon.

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
Chaos was an easy pick for them. I hope they have enough momentum to produce a Dark Eldar or Corsair campaign, but who am I kidding? If anything, it will be Yvraine.

Saerain

Augur
Patron
I'd just like to meet whoever decided Eldar would sound like this. Been this way since at least Dawn of War, but it was somewhat interesting there... Now it's just obnoxious. Has to be a plot to get me, individually, to finally not favor a setting's elves.

Drakron

Arcane
Chaos was an easy pick for them. I hope they have enough momentum to produce a Dark Eldar or Corsair campaign, but who am I kidding? If anything, it will be Yvraine.

I see you havent looked at the first game ... or any of their games apparently.

Maculo

Arcane
Patron

I see you havent looked at the first game ... or any of their games apparently.
I am not understanding your post. I played BFG1, and I just don’t see them making a Dark Eldar or Corsair campaign, especially not over Yvraine or Craftworld.

(can't be arsed to look for the necromancing rat)

what a squandered chance for an absolute masterpiece.
the interface is lacking, it's extremely difficult to figure out what each ship does and there's a habit of having both buttons and keyboard controls all over the place with their descriptions often unclear. the campaign is stupid (at least the one i tried, the tyranids', is), with strict turn limits and opponents with seemingly unlimited resources, whose difficulty goes from "this is a literally impossible situation, you wasted hours, start over now" to "one of the enemies finally made one of his moves out of 30 turns, weakening the opponent below the arbitrary limitations we put in place, this is going to be a piece of cake". and on top of this all, the game has been abandoned, clearly incomplete.
but the core of the game is fun, with so many ships, weapons, skills, approaches, tech trees... just an open, empty map and removing turn limits would have eased the suffering of the mess the interface is and moved the campaign away from "you lost this battle? just you won but lost a few ships? sorry man, you can't get up from this, start over", but we can't have nice things.

chuft

Augur
Steam summer sale is on and this game looks very cool in youtubes of play. But I guess there is negativity somewhere in this thread so I will seek it out before buying.

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Steam summer sale is on and this game looks very cool in youtubes of play. But I guess there is negativity somewhere in this thread so I will seek it out before buying.
I think it is a good buy if on sale. The imperium single player is nice, although multiplayer is practically dead from what I hear.

The problem is that the developer practically dropped support of the game and has gone dead silent. It would have been nice if they continued with an Ork or Eldar campaign. Granted, they did the same thing with the first game. Who knows if we will get BFGA 3.

chuft

Augur
Yes I didn't buy the first game because I read the interface sucked, support was dropped etc because they were working on the second game. But people in this thread seem to prefer the first game?

I don't know anything about the Warhammer universe, I just like cool looking space battles. Favs include MOO2, Sword of the Stars and Homeworld 1/2/remastered.

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Yes I didn't buy the first game because I read the interface sucked, support was dropped etc because they were working on the second game. But people in this thread seem to prefer the first game?

I don't know anything about the Warhammer universe, I just like cool looking space battles. Favs include MOO2, Sword of the Stars and Homeworld 1/2/remastered.
Personally, I enjoyed the sequel more, particularly for the campaign map and the special battles against the faction leaders. I am not sure how well it stands up to Homeworld, but you will get your space battles.

Andnjord

Arcane
I finally got a toaster who can run this (I bought it on sale a while ago) and while I enjoy the battles (going MAXIMUM BURN to ram heretics while firing torpedoes IS fun) I've just reached my breaking point in the campaign when the second tyranid invasion started, the one where they show up with 2800 strength stacks (with five battleships!?! each) everywhere. I think my sanity would have managed had it not been for the fact that I'm also getting two to three additional random invasions every turn. This is just...not fun. I feel like I'm playing whack a mole but that the moles are packing shotguns. Whoever designed the campaign and thought this would be fun deserves to be enrolled into the Death Korp of Krieg and sent on a plague world, and that's just for starters.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom