Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Community BattleTech - a Codexian Fundraiser

Discussion in 'News & Content Feedback' started by Angthoron, Oct 18, 2015.

1. Angthoron Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Angthoron
    Tags: BattleTech; Harebrained Schemes

With an almost traditional delay, we're officially launching a BattleTech Codexian fundraiser! This time our initial goal is at just $1000 - which will net us a nice package of a bunch of raffle-able stuff as well as some things to make our entry truly memorable and game-defining:
    Finally, and perhaps most importantly, everyone participating in the fundraiser at $25 or higher will get a copy of the game just like with Shadowrun: Hong Kong.

Unfortunately it would take a lot of work for HBS guys to be able to offer us extra rewards, so things like Backer Atlas Mech from the $50 tier are off the table.

Still, this is a great deal of supporting and getting the game and salting that one Twitter guy's wounds again, so go fundin'!

Once again, for any questions or issues with pledges, contact Angthoron.

• Brofist Brofist x 10
    ^ Top  
  2. Bumvelcrow Bellator Sempervirens Patron

Bumvelcrow
    Codex 2013 Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    At this rate I should have saved my potatoes for lifetime ad-free access.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. thesheeep Arcane Patron

thesheeep
    Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Yeah, no shit.
    I smell a potato inflation.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. SausageInYourFace Codexian Sausage Patron

SausageInYourFace
    Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    HBS made stylized BattleTech version of red Codexian troll emblem incoming?

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  5. Yaar Podshipnik Arcane Patron

Yaar Podshipnik
    Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    I seriously want a spud gun for my mech for this.

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  6. almondblight Arcane

almondblight
    When's the Codex visit to HBS for the Shadowrun fundraiser?

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. TwinkieGorilla does a good job. Patron

TwinkieGorilla
    Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    :greatjob: Yesssssssss.

Also: Where's my tag!
    Alsoplustoo: What twitter guy?

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. Crooked Bee (no longer) a wide-wandering bee Patron

Crooked Bee
    Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    Donated $25, just enough to get a copy of the game. Not the biggest fan of HBS around here, but hey, I'd buy it on release anyway simply because it's BattleTech.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  9. Bubbles I'm forever blowing

Self-Ejected
    We're not that close.

^ Top  
  10. Angthoron Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Angthoron
    It's okay, the world will end sooner than the presumed lifetime's worth kicks in. Besides, maybe one day before Gehenna we'll have some extra services that you'll be able to spend those potatoes on.

I dunno, Infinitron, what's with this?

^ Top  
  11. Jaesun Fabulous Moderator

Jaesun
    Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
    Backed!

:love:

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. Angthoron Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Angthoron
    Halfway there already!

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  13. Zed Codex Staff Patron

Zed
    Codex USB, 2014
    pls link to battle tech KS in OP so i can see what this garbage is

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. Xzylvador Arbiter Patron

Xzylvador
    Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Weeeell... Codex only links to RPG's.

Deciding to raise funds for a non-rpg 'tactical turn-based combat' game from a company whose previous attempts at said combat style suck... That's a different matter entirely, or so it seems.
    (Although, at least in this game, cooldown timers could at least make some sense.)

^ Top  
  15. Bumvelcrow Bellator Sempervirens Patron

Bumvelcrow
    Codex 2013 Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    I'm slightly disturbed and excited by that possibility. Nevertheless I'm still going to back this, eventually.

^ Top  
  16. khavi Learned Patron

khavi
    BattleTech
    I put in $25, but Angthoron, if you can get us the beta keys I'll pull the rest of my monies from the general kickstarter and hand it over.

^ Top  
  17. noisenerd Learned Patron

noisenerd
    BattleTech
    I'm in. I'd end up getting this game eventually anyway because Battletech, might as well also put my money to a good cause like pissing off twitterrers. And potatoes.

^ Top  
  18. LeStryfe79 Whisper Network Patron

LeStryfe79
    Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    I'll do $26...

Last edited: Oct 19, 2015
    • Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  19. Angthoron Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Angthoron
    Most likely won't happen. I'll check, but most likely it'll be a no for "everyone gets a beta key".

Also, 1/3rd left. Not bad.

^ Top  
  20. MurkyShadow Glittering gem of hatred Patron

MurkyShadow
    Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech
    Pledging for the next HBS game I probably won't play.

• Brofist Brofist x 4
    ^ Top  
  21. Muty Prophet Patron

Muty
    Wasteland 2 BattleTech
    [​IMG]

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  22. Crescent Hawk Arbiter

Crescent Hawk
    I will be fair, I was going to pledge, but the fact its only a 4 mech lance really bothers me. What they are aiming for this game will probably disappoint as did the AI in shadowrun games.

^ Top  
  23. Nekot-The-Brave Prestigious Gentleman Arcane Patron

Nekot-The-Brave
    PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Probably won't play this game (or maybe I will), but I pledged for the nylon jacket. Would probably cost just about as much to commission a custom one of those.

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  24. Bubbles I'm forever blowing

Self-Ejected
    And that gets us funded. Nekot is the top donor for two Codex fundraisers in a row!

^ Top  
  25. Bubbles I'm forever blowing

Self-Ejected
    The bad news: none of the rewards above $25 are actually available to Codex backers, so you won't get the jacket from HBS. The possibly good news: one jacket is included in our $1000 tier reward. It's technically meant for the raffle, but DarkUnderlord might be willing to budge since you funded a quarter of the fundraiser.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.