Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter BattleTech Pre-Release Thread

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

https://af.gog.com/game/battletech?as=1649904300

As expected: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/webeharebrained/battletech/posts/2123741

Battle Stations! This is not a drill!

Listen up, MechWarriors!

Over two years ago, our forces launched Operation Alpha Strike, a coordinated effort to bring turn-based tactical ‘Mech combat back to PC gaming and to return BattleTech to its rightful place of honor.

Today, High Command reports that our launch window is confirmed for April, 2018.

Repeat, we are a GO for April and Steam pre-orders have officially opened.

High Command also reports a special mission incentive for new recruits, so spread the word!!!

Everyone who pre-orders the game on Steam gets this!

IMPORTANT INTEL FOR “BACKER” COMPANY… All Backers at the Recruit level and above will ALSO receive this special edition Shadow Hawk skin upon deployment. High Command thanks you for your continued support of the cause.

Recruitment Materials
Enclosed are TIME SENSITIVE materials from High Command, whose goal is to expand our forces. Make sure you get this into as many MechWarrior's hands as possible across all forms of communication.

Here’s a hi-res wallpaper version of our new store art.

Click for more sizes:

1920 x 1080 (no logo)
1920 x 1200
1920 x 1200 (no logo)

While Waiting to Drop...
High Command is also pleased to announce the third in a series of four linked digital novellas by Mike Stackpole is now available for Backers at the $50 MechWarrior level and above.

1f00ac49fda82ec5c0febb1af6834e96_original.jpg

You’ll find a file including the pdf, mobi, and epub versions to download when you hit “Get My Digital Rewards” in your BackerKit account. It can take a little time for the files to populate to everyone's account so please check back in a couple hours if you don't see the files right away.

New Rallypoint!
The Global BattleTech Forum is moving and you can read all about it in this forum post.

To make the new forum feel like home, you’ll find a new forum code in BackerKit that will give you access to BATTLETECH Avatars, Backer Badges and access to the Valhallah forum if your rewards include that. You'll also find a second code for a 10% discount off an order at the Paradox Store - a Happy New Home gift from Paradox Interactive. Codes and directions on how to use them will be found in your BackerKit account. We’ll see you there!

MechWarriors of Backer Company: We have traveled the length of known space to deliver this package and though the journey has been long, we are very excited to finally get BATTLETECH into your hands.

HBS Actual, out!

Last edited by a moderator:

Kem0sabe

Arcane
https://www.paradoxplaza.com/battletech/BTBT01GSK-MASTER.html

Forum and preorder now live. Get the deluxe edition for a BT forum avatar!

BATTLETECH
COMING APRIL 2018

RELEASE DATE
To be announced

Only white males speaking in the trailer? where are the colored haired trannies? I thought HBS was full of these types, unless its just another bunch of white males virtue signaling with their SJW hate speech online... :smug:

Bohr

Arcane
Some details on the multiplayer/server setup from the HBS "network engineer" responsible. Tl;dr multiplayer is platform independent so Steam and GOG owners can play each other, some hope for long-term options when the day comes that the MP servers go down, LAN games already in

mg2D48.png

PCxXUt.png

h3QaA4.png

Bohr

Arcane
New interview with Jordan, going back to the origins of BT (this is part 1/4, others still to come)

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Changed from what? I guess they were originally planning a Wing Commander 1-style dynamic campaign where you can lose missions and the story branches in a different direction?

So they've been saying for years now that the game is a mercenary simulator where failure is allowed and the only way to lose is to run out of money, and now a month before release it turns out they actually have critical missions which end the entire game if you fail them? Is this a joke?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
So they've been saying for years now that the game is a mercenary simulator where failure is allowed and the only way to lose is to run out of money, and now a month before release it turns out they actually have critical missions which end the entire game if you fail them? Is this a joke?

As far as I know they've never said that with regard to the campaign. Hence my confusion - changed from what? The only thing they've definitely said re: reactivity in the campaign is that if you entirely ignore it (don't do missions at all) the rebellion will lose.

Bohr

Arcane
Changed from what? I guess they were originally planning a Wing Commander 1-style dynamic campaign where you can lose missions and the story branches in a different direction?

I think so, originally I don't think the fate of the entire restoration was going to hang on every mission. They seem to have made the story missions more central to the game, perhaps to ensure first time players get the story and then do the openended contracts at the end if they want. Before his answer people were also asking whether story/restoration could still be ignored, you could go off and do sandbox stuff and things would progress without your influence, it's not clear whether that has changed as he didn't specifically answer that one - will post if he clarifies.

As far as I know they've never said that with regard to the campaign. Hence my confusion - changed from what? The only thing they've definitely said re: reactivity in the campaign is that if you entirely ignore it (don't do missions at all) the rebellion will lose.
Hey, if they said the only way to lose is to run out of money, that should mean it's the only way to lose. If there are other ways to lose then it's not the only way, is it? Unless he means that it's just game over for the campaign but the randomly generated missions are still available, in which case, okay, that's different. I'll wait for more details I guess.
Saying you can back away and grind for a while makes it sound like it's not possible to fail the campaign by just ignoring it anymore, either. Though maybe it just means it takes a long time to fail so you can get away with grinding if you need to. Going to have to wait for more details again.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
:retarded: The "forumz must be on Paradox's site" thing is such a dumb fucking rule. It hurt Tyranny. And now they're destroying an existing community weeks before the game's release. Why, why, why?

Some details on the multiplayer/server setup from the HBS "network engineer" responsible. Tl;dr multiplayer is platform independent so Steam and GOG owners can play each other, some hope for long-term options when the day comes that the MP servers go down, LAN games already in

Paradox has a (not yet) grand strategy for establishing their own platform. Battletech probably will require Paradox account for some features and candies. (FYI Surviving Mars certainly do.)

(I wonder if this is one of the reasons they couldn't get PoE 2. Also wonder if they want Harebrained to make a game based on White Wolf IP. :tinfoilhat: )

Black

Arcane
Would it kill them to also include what the stock loadout for mechs actually is?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom