Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Beamdog's Baldur's Gate 1 & 2 Enhanced Editions

Executer

Phrenologist
Project: Eternity
What thing?

And that's so fucking pathetic. Being all serious and secretive of fucking Twitter.

Mr Gaider must helping design new content for BG2 EE, why come you got no excitement?

80Maxwell08

Arcane
And to think the reason I didn't buy this was because I had no money at the time. Well I hope they actually get these issues fixed now since people actually paid for this. Hopefully BG2EE will be a lot better. Also I hope Bioware makes a full stance against romances in games, Bethesda invites Tim Cain to work on future Fallout games, Wasteland 2 sells several million copies and I win the lottery. Pity hope doesn't actually do anything.

Snerf

Learned
Cain at Obsidian is fine. What's not fine is Boyarsky at Blizzard or Taylor at Herve-Interplay. (Edit - or even Zeb Cook at Bethesda/ZeniMax)

SaphirJD

Novice
Hey all, newe here, i have reading in the past your comments over BG:EE - And i have to agree the game is bad. Perhaps i do not agree with many of your "agressive" opinions, but the game is bad, so much to say.

Just wanted to make a suggestion... Anyone ever got the idea to write to Atari's Email about being concerned about the destruction of a legend like Baldur's Gate series is one? I am sure with enough written emails we can make them think - I did my part :)

Now its up to people who also realized the truth about the non-existing quality of BG:EE Failure.

ataripr@triplepointpr.com - That guys wait for our emails :)

Also Wizard of the Coast, but i am too lazy to post their email too ;)

Now write People :D Let us stop the movement that BG and BG2 gets abused any longer by Beamdog :)

Lancehead

Liturgist
People are buying the game even for the PC. Plenty more will buy now that the game is on Steam. I'm sure that's sending Atari a message.

jiujitsu

Cipher
Project: Eternity

octavius

Arcane
Patron
People are buying the game even for the PC. Plenty more will buy now that the game is on Steam. I'm sure that's sending Atari a message.

Sadly there's enough Steamtards that will buy a game solely because it's on Steam. They're if possible even more retarded than the average consoletard.

SaphirJD

Novice
Well, Maybe it does not help much, but if we all would mail to atari, wizards... Perhaps some guys start to listen.

At least we would do something. Thats a big sicknes of our time... All we do is talking, but when its time to act, no one is willing to do something at all. Disgusting :(

Just write them a mail, does not waste much of your time. And in the end you can say at least you have tried actively to resist!

ataripr@triplepointpr.com

Xavier0889

Learned
Atari is in bankruptcy again? How is it possible that a company can't into economy that much? :lol:

80Maxwell08

Arcane
Yes knock that issue off the list. Off the very long list which somehow manages to grow 2 more entries every time one is crossed off. I have no idea how on earth they are going to manage to sell BG2EE at this rate. On a side note how is that "improved modding" thing they talked about before. Is it actually easier to mod the Enhanced Edition than the original?

waywardOne

Arcane
On a side note how is that "improved modding" thing they talked about before. Is it actually easier to mod the Enhanced Edition than the original?
Not a side note to me or my gaming crew. Currently, even 'installing' a mod on BGEE is a horrendous pain in the ass. But, there's just no point. Other than GUI changes, or adding animations, there is ZERO reason for a modder to work on BGEE over BGT. Their long-silent selling point of improved moddability is just another in a long list of lies from them.

Hopefully, this Atari bankruptcy + restructuring will get this entire EE scam shuttered for good.

80Maxwell08

Arcane
So basically this entire project was pointless in literally every single way aside from getting more money from people. Well screw that PS:TEE I guess I'll stick to hoping the game won't destroy itself every few minutes like I do now.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom