Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Beamdog's Baldur's Gate 1 & 2 Enhanced Editions

Zeriel

Arcane
What about enhanced jiggly sprites? New romanceable Dabu companions? A BDSM session with the Lady of Pain?

What's the most horrible thing they could do to a PS:T EE?
"Streamline" the dialog.

Oh god, I just realized they'd redo the cinematics. It probably says something about how indifferent I am about the original Baldur's Gate that the hackjob they did there only elicits mild disgust and disdain, while the idea of them putting together some comic-book panel animation of the PS:T cinematics actually fills me with dread.

Lancehead

Liturgist
I expect they'll turn the Brothel into a real brothel. And Fall-from-Grace's kiss is no longer lethal.

Zeriel

Arcane
Fall-From-Grace's kiss being lethal was pretty dumb in the first case. It's not like succubi can kiss immortals into dying, otherwise Tanar'ri princes and Baatezu overlords would be keeling over left and right.

Scruffy

Ex-janitor
Patron
Codex 2012 Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014
ahahahaha this is fantastic. i mean, i was NOT going to buy this, but now i COULD buy it from Steam, just because...

Zeriel

Arcane
ahahahaha this is fantastic. i mean, i was NOT going to buy this, but now i COULD buy it from Steam, just because...

Despite their bitching, all they said was they get less than Steam. That's not neccessarily low. They could get 40%, and Steam gets 60%. That's already exponentially better than the traditional retail publishing model where they get maybe 1$ from every box on average.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong

Despite their bitching, all they said was they get less than Steam. That's not neccessarily low. They could get 40%, and Steam gets 60%. That's already exponentially better than the traditional retail publishing model where they get maybe 1$ from every box on average.
Steam's standard cut is 30%.

Zeriel

Arcane
Yeah. My feeling is that the modders who put together stuff like the BGT which is WAY better than BG:EE would love to get 20% of anything.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Well, I don't see what's so awesome about this. They still get money.

But this:

"Royalty-wise, Steam is making way more than we are per copy, so it is a bit bittersweet." -Trent Oster via Baldur's Gate forum

:lol: Bittersweet. The hell is bittersweet about this? The fact that they weren't completely fucked over? I guess just how in this "industry" a 7 means the game is shit, "bittersweet" is equivalent to "this sucks, guys :((((".

80Maxwell08

Arcane
Sorry for this not meeting the Codex standard of hate but a bit of possible news about...something or another. I'm not sure. From Trent Oster's twitter.
"Hey @davidgaider a while ago we talked about the thing and the stuff. I'd like to follow up on that if it isn't too much trouble."
So that's a thing apparently.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
What thing?

And that's so fucking pathetic. Being all serious and secretive of fucking Twitter.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Obviously he's trying to build up hype.

That or Gaider is dodging his phone calls, which is really funny to think about.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Sorry for this not meeting the Codex standard of hate but a bit of possible news about...something or another. I'm not sure. From Trent Oster's twitter.
"Hey @davidgaider a while ago we talked about the thing and the stuff. I'd like to follow up on that if it isn't too much trouble."

Some custom content shit planned for BG2:EE, no doubt.

Cosmo

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Those morons should have left room in their engine for possible use of HD backgrounds and sprites, so that modders could pick where they left off. But no, not even that. :mad:

Zeriel

Arcane
Those morons should have left room in their engine for possible use of HD backgrounds and sprites, so that modders could pick where they left off. But no, not even that. :mad:

Nothing in the engine prevents very high-quality art, the reason BG:EE looks like shit is they literally did nothing but take the .BIF files from the retail game, then resave them with photoshop edits and apply a horrific zoom effect. New area art by fans of an even remotely professional caliber would almost certainly look better than BG:EE.

80Maxwell08

Arcane

Someone on twitter guessed it was for adding Ascension into BG2EE so that's another theory. Wouldn't know myself how good or bad that mod is seeing as I haven't gotten to BG2 yet.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Someone on twitter guessed it was for adding Ascension into BG2EE so that's another theory. Wouldn't know myself how good or bad that mod is seeing as I haven't gotten to BG2 yet.

Ah, that would make sense.

80Maxwell08

Arcane
So BG2:EE was always going to include ToB?
Yeah both EEs were going to include their expansions. Then again I can't see how on earth they would have tried selling them seperately anyway so it's not really a point for or against them. Especially when GOG sells them with expansions too.

gunman

Arcane
Developer
Whenever I want a good laugh I visit the BG:EE Bugs forum

"Sarevok Missing From Final Battle"

:lol:

Anyway, I have no further expectations from this piece of crap. The patches are a joke, the Beamdog team is a bunch of clowns. They should be banned from touching the franchise ever again.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom