Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Beamdog's Baldur's Gate 1 & 2 Enhanced Editions

Self-Ejected

Kosmonaut

Lost in Space
BG:EE sucks. It really does. Unecessary "improvements" and half-assed changes. It's an iPad money grab. It is an iPad game ported to the PC. It's a terrible port. It blows my mind since it was a PC game to begin with. Play the modded BG: Trilogy instead. It does everything you'd want it to do without sucking. Here's the instruction thread on GoG: http://af.gog.com/forum/baldurs_gate_series/baldurs_gate_2_essential_mods/page1?as=1649904300

:declining:
Oh, really?

After dabbling with BG:TuTu mod, I have to say that I like BG:EE more. All those myriad of mods are a pain in the ass to get right. BG:EE simplifies it all and adds some content... for 20 bucks.

Honestly, the major issue I have with the TuTu mod is it doesn't automatically improve stack sizes. BG:EE does.

Still dabbling.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
flip-flop.jpg

Vicar

Cipher
Patron
Oh, really?

Well to be fair he said he liked BG:EE more than TuTu, and then said BGT is better than BG:EE. So there's nothing really contradicting there.

Sequence of events

>trying to install BG TuTu
FUCK TUTU I CANT FIGURE IT OUT

>Want to buy BG:EE instead
Awesome SIMPLIFIED instructions. CAN FOLLOW.

>WAIT. Found instructions on GoG to install BG:T!
Instructions good. CAN FOLLOW.
NOW FUCK UNNECESSARY ''IMPROVEMENTS'' AND HALF-ASSED CHANGES OF BG:EE

Ah, so BG:T > EE > Tutu then?
BG:T>TuTu>BG:EE
But there really is no reason to use TuTu nowadays, just get BG:T unless you feel like spending 20 bucks and supporting Trent for BG3

Kirtai

Augur
Ah, so BG:T > EE > Tutu then?
BG:T>TuTu>BG:EE
But there really is no reason to use TuTu nowadays, just get BG:T unless you feel like spending 20 bucks and supporting Trent for BG3
Well, I was asking about his order of preference. Besides, I already have perfectly fine copies and wouldn't trust Trent to clean a toilet atm.

Akarnir

Educated
127513v2-max-250x250.jpg

large.jpg

You can'T corner the Toster.

So what news from the front? It's been quite silent for the past 3 month. Did Beamdog went bankrupt but he can't find the courage to admit there won't be any BG2 EE?
I don't think BG EE sold that much, and Atari and the other holder must have eaten most of the profits.
Not to mention all the money he must have spent in legal spending during the pre ''Development'' phase.

Besides, what can he actually add in BG2 to make an ''enhanced'' edition. The game can already be played in an higher resolution, and the UI was always considered to be top notch.
The resolution first was basically the main selling point of the first EE.

Ozma

Educated
127513v2-max-250x250.jpg

large.jpg

You can'T corner the Toster.

So what news from the front? It's been quite silent for the past 3 month. Did Beamdog went bankrupt but he can't find the courage to admit there won't be any BG2 EE?
I don't think BG EE sold that much, and Atari and the other holder must have eaten most of the profits.
Not to mention all the money he must have spent in legal spending during the pre ''Development'' phase.

Besides, what can he actually add in BG2 to make an ''enhanced'' edition. The game can already be played in an higher resolution, and the UI was always considered to be top notch.
The resolution first was basically the main selling point of the first EE.
That soul patch makes my blood boil.

Diablo169

Arcane
They are hard at work on BG2EE now as far as I'm aware. They seem to be regularly patching BG1 and even added 5 new class kits and a drow sorcerer party member recently. I wont compliment them for the project overall but they do seem to be willing to support it post release.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
Does it still crash after killing Saervok? I remember Matt Barton tweeting that, and to just play the originals. heh

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
That guy has a hell of a long neck and/or a very small head
literally a dickhead.

I wonder what they think they can possibly add to BG2 to improve it in any way (content-wise).

Kirtai

Augur
That guy has a hell of a long neck and/or a very small head
literally a dickhead.

I wonder what they think they can possibly add to BG2 to improve it in any way (content-wise).
They'll probably put their stamp of approval on the best modder content. Whether what they steal are graciously granted by the modders is an improvement, is another matter.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
They'll probably put their stamp of approval on the best modder content. Whether what they steal are graciously granted by the modders is an improvement, is another matter.

Which content did they include in BG:EE that they did not have any approval from the original modder? Can you give me a list?

Kirtai

Augur

Which content did they include in BG:EE that they did not have any approval from the original modder? Can you give me a list?
Nah, I was just being sarcastic about how they're essentially charging for stuff that they got from the modders for free. I should have made that clearer I guess.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron

Nah, I was just being sarcastic about how they're essentially charging for stuff that they got from the modders for free. I should have made that clearer I guess.

They specifically asked them for their permission to add it to BG:EE and knowing they would not be compensated for it (they were credited though). And quite a few said NO (and were not included).

What specifically is the problem?

SwiftCrack

Arcane
They are hard at work on BG2EE now as far as I'm aware. They seem to be regularly patching BG1 and even added 5 new class kits and a drow sorcerer party member recently. I wont compliment them for the project overall but they do seem to be willing to support it post release.

what

i never saw that in the patch notes

EDIT: Ah patch 7 is out. Neat I guess.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom