Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Beamdog's Baldur's Gate 1 & 2 Enhanced Editions

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
Wtf. In what world is that good news? The probability of the new content being seamlessly integrated with the old stuff is very close to nil, as BG:EE already proved.

waywardOne

Arcane
Wtf. In what world is that good news? The probability of the new content being seamlessly integrated with the old stuff is very close to nil, as BG:EE already proved.
For me, one of the biggest problems with the BGEE content was the stark contrast between their fully-fleshed out NPCs (including romances) and the original NPCs that were much, much more sparse in their verbosity. In BG2, even the canon NPCs were a chatty bunch with romances as standard, so their new content is going to fit in better.

That said, it's still schlocky, fan-fic level NPCs, the likes of which are already in depressing abundance (for free).

SwiftCrack

Arcane
For me, one of the biggest problems with the BGEE content was the stark contrast between their fully-fleshed out NPCs (including romances) and the original NPCs that were much, much more sparse in their verbosity. In BG2, even the canon NPCs were a chatty bunch with romances as standard, so their new content is going to fit in better.

That said, it's still schlocky, fan-fic level NPCs, the likes of which are already in depressing abundance (for free).

Good signature lol.

BBMorti

Arcane
I have to agree. This is not good news.. the game was a failure in my humble opinion.
I spoke with a few of the closed beta testers throughout the development of the game, and they were utterly frustrated because they kept bringing up issue after issue, bug after bug, and Beamdog did nothing to address or fix these issues.

It both made a fool out of the testers, since people were baffled they didn't do a better job reporting problems to the developer team. It also made it clear that beamdog was not in it for fans or love of the classic, but only in it to squeeze money out of the franchise name and it's old fans ea easily as they could possibly get away with it.

Ramireza

Savant
In what way is BG:EE superior to a properly-installed and modded BGTrilogy install? There are font mods for BGT too, you know. As far as I can tell BGT is the superior way to play the game, especially if you plan on playing BG2 as well, which you should.
What are the fonts mods called? i am currently doing a BGT playthrough and it's true i could use bigger/clearer text.
http://www.shsforums.net/topic/52452-bigger-fonts-mod-for-baldurs-gate-2/

Thank you! But i tried this mod already and it did not work correctly with the german version.

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
In what way is BG:EE superior to a properly-installed and modded BGTrilogy install? There are font mods for BGT too, you know. As far as I can tell BGT is the superior way to play the game, especially if you plan on playing BG2 as well, which you should.
What are the fonts mods called? i am currently doing a BGT playthrough and it's true i could use bigger/clearer text.

Thank you! But i tried this mod already and it did not work correctly with the german version.
Unfortunately, no bratwurst-eating sauer-krautz has bothered to make a Gothic version, as you probably noticed.

Ramireza

Savant

Unfortunately, no bratwurst-eating sauer-krautz has bothered to make a Gothic version, as you probably noticed.

Very creative! *cough*

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
Spoiler question:

Does BGT still make you backtrack out of the thieves guild maze after killing Sarevok?

Dreaad

Arcane
Deep in your subconscious mind spreading lies.
You know one of the things I actually would like to see one day, hell I'd even pay some money for it. Is if someone took BG2 + expansion and re-wrote the hole script into a parody of the Forgotten Realms. Starting with little things like the fact that almost every NPC in the game betrays you, or that Irenicus is a super powerful wizard who chooses to live in a sewer with three nymphs.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I think Russian is probably more common with kickstarters than Italian.

SwiftCrack

Arcane
The kicker is that it was probably fan work too;

j13d293.png

Project: Eternity
Do new NPCs can even talk with old ones? I remember reading something about that they cannot add anything to old NPCs due to copyright law.

gunman

Arcane
Developer
I understand they are busy working on BG2:EE. I wonder who would buy it, considering that with BG:EE they managed to trick some (including myself) into preordering. Who would want to play a BG2 with added bugs, ugly interface and a pinch of dumbed down content?

Do new NPCs can even talk with old ones? I remember reading something about that they cannot add anything to old NPCs due to copyright law.

Who the fuck cares? That's the least of the problems.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
I understand they are busy working on BG2:EE. I wonder who would buy it, considering that with BG:EE they managed to trick some (including myself) into preordering. Who would want to play a BG2 with added bugs, ugly interface and a pinch of dumbed down content?

"Next time it will be better" is a promise that frequently makes people completely blind to the truth.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom