Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Beamdog's Baldur's Gate 1 & 2 Enhanced Editions

hoverdog

dog that is hovering, Wastelands Interactive
Developer
Project: Eternity
The text in the EE version where more fun to read (after the patch that removed the blurriness) in my opinion.

we talking about the same fugly font?
Chapter1.jpg

the mind boggles.:what:

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
The Neera romance. She's so vulnerable, cute, clumsy, helpless and kawaii :desu:

Ramireza

Savant
The text in the EE version where more fun to read (after the patch that removed the blurriness) in my opinion.

we talking about the same fugly font?
Chapter1.jpg

the mind boggles.:what:

No, i mean this :

bg_text.jpg

For me the EE looks better if it comes to dialogs. Furthermore the text lines are way to long in HD/Widescreen resolutions. (maybe i should try the 4:3 resolutions, i know)

Kirtai

Augur
"ohhh but you shouldn't have installed it in Program Files, silly you!" and said fuck it.
Don't install anything you intend to mod under Program Files, or Windows will take malign pleasure in screwing you over.

For me the EE looks better if it comes to dialogs. Furthermore the text lines are way to long in HD/Widescreen resolutions. (maybe i should try the 4:3 resolutions, i know)
You can change the font yourself.

Stabwound

Arcane
In what way is BG:EE superior to a properly-installed and modded BGTrilogy install? There are font mods for BGT too, you know. As far as I can tell BGT is the superior way to play the game, especially if you plan on playing BG2 as well, which you should.

waywardOne

Arcane
How long can quicksaving take in a 13 year old game on modern-ish hardware?
Don't underestimate the stupidity of shills. There's a guy at SHS that was touting faster load times. In 15 years of complaints and critiques of BG, long load times was never an issue. People with shitty hardware by 2001 standards should go fuck themselves.

Multi-headed Cow

Guuuuuuuuuuuuuys. Were they planning on adding DLC to the game or something? 'cause I launched the game and was poking around (Pretty sure they did just slow down the animation on the sprites and it wasn't slow performance. Everything else ran fine, it's just the damn sprites are so much slower than normal) and I saw this. All if it is apparently bought/unlocked by owning the game, but I got to this by clicking a "Store" button on the main menu.

1A1F31A2B6DC584FE43A7A081523C2A15C7C2733

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
It doesn't take that long but the game does take a few seconds to load and save each time, and it's worse if you have mods installed. The load times in the Enhanced Edition are basically non-existent, and make the game more enjoyable to play in my opinion. But of course, you lose out on a lot more by doing so.

Oh, and regarding DLC, they were planning some but I think it was shot down by publishers. The DLC menu in the game as of now currently reflects the iPad version, where due to the way pricing in the App Store works, they sell the game for $10 and sell the add-on contents separately (so to get the full package you pay $20, same as on PC). The PC version lists that content (extra companions, Black Pits and voices) in the DLC menu even though it comes standard and you have to buy it that way.

Arkeus

Arcane
In what way is BG:EE superior to a properly-installed and modded BGTrilogy install? There are font mods for BGT too, you know. As far as I can tell BGT is the superior way to play the game, especially if you plan on playing BG2 as well, which you should.
What are the fonts mods called? i am currently doing a BGT playthrough and it's true i could use bigger/clearer text.

Multi-headed Cow

Weeeeird, but at least they won't be selling DLC later. Hopefully. Unless things go terribly awry.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
It doesn't take that long but the game does take a few seconds to load and save each time,
I didn't experience this. Played a lightly modded BG a few years ago on a quite good PC, and saving and loading took only 1 second.

waywardOne

Arcane
I'm from the future. I'm only here because BGEE lets you quicksave so fast, you actually go backwards in time.

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The only way BG2 EE could possibly impress me, is if they managed to drag the game into the IWD2 rule set, or better yet "enhance" it the f*** out of the infinity engine.
Heh, their licensing agreement does not allow them to do any of that.

tadhg

Educated
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Does anyone know if the source art for BG2 is also lost or could we potentially see a BG2 HD, that's about the only thing that could get me to even consider the EE.

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
What are the fonts mods called? i am currently doing a BGT playthrough and it's true i could use bigger/clearer text.
http://www.shsforums.net/topic/52452-bigger-fonts-mod-for-baldurs-gate-2/

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
Baldur’s Gate II: Enhanced Edition Will Feature 350,000 Words More than the Original

Did you Like Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition? I did. If you agree you probably already know thatBaldur’s Gate II: Enhanced Edition is currently being worked on at Overhaul Games.​

What you possibly didn’t yet know is the sheer size of the additional content that the remake will bring. Producer and Writer Phillip Daigle revealed on his personal Twitter account that the team wrote 350,000 words for of new content, and they’re going to try to get some of those many lines voiced.​

That giant wall of text (and hopefully voice) adds to the 1.2 million words of the original, ensuring that even those that already played the game a metric ton of times like I did, will definitely have quite a lot to discover with the remake.​

Multi-headed Cow

MORE WORDS MORE BETTER

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom