Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Beamdog's Baldur's Gate 1 & 2 Enhanced Editions

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Ij9orp7.jpg

Diablo169

Arcane
Their partners like throwing away free money, Biodrones would have swarmed to that Kickstarter banner like fly's to horseshit.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Using kickstarter means you have legal obligations. Also the contract might have funny wording where a kickstarter contribution isn't a "sale" so the partners wouldn't get the same cut or something.

AngryKobold

Arcane
The new track will undoubtedly make people wanna punch somebody. Hulick and Ostner in the first place.

Hopefully the most of their target group never heard "From out of the storm". Probably also think Hoenig is some kind of nazi honey.

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
They probably managed to fool a few people with the first EE, but I doubt it will work so well with the second game. Fool me once...

waywardOne

Arcane
This was also supposed to bring awareness and support to Beamdog for eventual BG3, but it's still just fanfic modders circlejerking.

Here's something I find fascinating: they made themselves look both incompetent and deceitful. Not only did they only "fix" what modders had already fixed, they managed to introduce even more bugs, then hired those same modders to help them fix it again. Meanwhile, modders not on their payroll are getting absolutely nothing out of any of this.

Okay, now skip all of that if you want/need to, because they've already said that anything new -- like a BG3 -- wouldn't even use this engine that they've expended so much energy, time, money, and goodwill into "enhancing".

Western

Arcane
Codex 2012 Codex 2014 Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Looking forward to how they deface the game this time around, will be highly enjoyable I'm sure, also looking forward to seeing their quality writing blend in seamlessly with Torment enhanced edition as well. I feel certain there will be another romanceable companion you can seal the deal with, that was clearly missing in Torment.

Unwanted

Cursed Beaver

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Queued
Looking forward to how they deface the game this time around, will be highly enjoyable I'm sure, also looking forward to seeing their quality writing blend in seamlessly with Torment enhanced edition as well. I feel certain there will be another romanceable companion you can seal the deal with, that was clearly missing in Torment.

They probably won't do that. In fact, they will probably use it to boost their credibility : ''No romance in torment. See? we understand where to put romance and when not to! Loook at how mature we are! ''

Western

Arcane
Codex 2012 Codex 2014 Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2

They probably won't do that. In fact, they will probably use it to boost their credibility : ''No romance in torment. See? we understand where to put romance and when not to! Loook at how mature we are! ''

I think you're giving them too much credit, but that said their magnum opus will be BG3, an entire game crafted with the quality of their additional content and possibly kickstarted.

Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Coming soon to a Planescape: Torment near you, brand new romance options to cater to audiences of all sexuality! Transcend the need for flesh and release Morte from the anguish of a metaphysically perpetual boner, or engage in the darker side of sex and train Dak'kon to 'endure' the bondage of shackles and chains. Persist in brand new dialogue options and transform The Nameless One into the woman he always desired to be through the power of belief. Find new ways to discover Annah's passions, unfettered by gender, and coax Fall From Grace into a saucy threesome between you and a lim-lim!

DLC packs 'Flames of my Heart' and 'Compassion is True Jusitce' to come later. For those wondering about Nordom, don't worry! Once somebody in the office discovers how to get to him, we'll get our talented writers right on it!

LundB

Mistakes were made.
Coming soon to a Planescape: Torment near you, brand new romance options to cater to audiences of all sexuality! Transcend the need for flesh and release Morte from the anguish of a metaphysically perpetual boner, or engage in the darker side of sex and train Dak'kon to 'endure' the bondage of shackles and chains. Persist in brand new dialogue options and transform The Nameless One into the woman he always desired to be through the power of belief. Find new ways to discover Annah's passions, unfettered by gender, and coax Fall From Grace into a saucy threesome between you and a lim-lim!

DLC packs 'Flames of my Heart' and 'Compassion is True Jusitce' to come later. For those wondering about Nordom, don't worry! Once somebody in the office discovers how to get to him, we'll get our talented writers right on it!

:lol: quality new poster right here.

Diablo169

Arcane
Trent Oster@TrentOster 16m
Epic, @Samhulick just proposed the inclusion of a Kangling in our music track. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kangling

Seriously, what horrors are they unleashing on BG2? "In Tantric Chöd practice the practitioner, motivated by compassion, plays the kangling as a gesture of fearlessness, to summon hungry spirits and demons so that s/he may satisfy their hunger and thereby relieve their sufferings."

Instruments made of fucking thighbones in the soundtrack.

tadhg

Educated
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
The end result is a little less graphical flash for launch than we had initially planned, but we actually had a bit more time to make more widespread improvements as a result

He seems to have different definitions of "a little less" and "widespread" from normal usage.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
In summary, BG: EE was defined by the product it is built upon and the hard, respectful work of a small and caring team. We could have done faster development workand we could have had fewer bugs by making sweeping changes, but early on we decided to adopt the role ofcurator. We didn't want to change Baldur's Gate just to show off our development skills and leave our mark; we wanted to make a great game even better and in the process, bring it to new platforms. With the great commercial and critical success so far, we're very anxious to continue to improve the game even more and bring our newly leveled-up skills to bear on Baldur's Gate 2: Enhanced Edition.

:hmmm:

Arkeus

Arcane
I am sure they are very anxious, yes.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom