Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Beamdog's Baldur's Gate 1 & 2 Enhanced Editions

Stabwound

Arcane
Aha, I thought that was just about the "Planescape" trademark which is of course, separate from the "Planescape: Torment" one.
Was "Torment" a trademark at all, or did Brian Fargo register it himself for the new game?

I don't see anything in the trademark search for "Torment" pc game at all, nor do I see anything about Numenera either, so I'm not sure this is accurate.

waywardOne

Arcane
Does it matter? This being the BGEE thread, it's pretty clear that whether or not they can improve the engine enough to make it a worthwhile purchase, they're obviously not going to be producing any quality stories or characters. Assuming DW contributes more than his wife's portraits (yeah, the game needed more amateur art), the best they can hope for is a good combat sim between improved AI scripts and a completely unborked engine.

Murk

Arcane
Is that a no to being able to settle it or a no to making the game without inXile's consent?

YOU BEEN TROLLING LATELY BRA I NEED REAL ANSWERS

Stabwound

Arcane
"Planescape: Torment" seems to be an active trademark of Wizards of the Coast. "Torment" is a trademark of inXile according to Brian Fargo in the recent Reddit AMA.

I don't see how that stops anyone from making a Planescape: Torment game without inXile's permission but I'm no lawyer.

"Planescape: Torment" seems to be an active trademark of Wizards of the Coast. "Torment" is a trademark of inXile according to Brian Fargo in the recent Reddit AMA.

I don't see how that stops anyone from making a Planescape: Torment game without inXile's permission but I'm no lawyer.

It's also debatable whether PSTEE would constitute a new game or just an update of the old one.

Stabwound

Arcane
Their contract included a BGEE and BG2EE, so the second is still going to happen as far as I know. Hopefully this turned out to be a big enough debacle that WoTC says "fuck you" after BG2EE and leaves Planescape alone. It doesn't need new tacked on bullshit and blur filter.

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
We can't have a romanceable Toy, but at least I can hold out hope for a romanceable modron cube. :(

Ozma

Educated
BGEE is shit, but BG is shit, every other EE game will be shit forever just like the regular version. I can't believe you're still discussing it.

DemonKing

Arcane
BGEE is shit, but BG is shit, every other EE game will be shit forever just like the regular version. I can't believe you're still discussing it.

You are very wrong there, apart from maybe the first three words.

waywardOne

Arcane
I just automatically filter out all the women. If one makes any sense, let me know and I'll take her off ignore.

waywardOne

Arcane
The fact that they heavily touted themselves as part of the original BG crew, yet still have to "hire" modders to fix their shit, says it all.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom