Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Icewind Dale Beamdog's Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition

Self-Ejected

Sacred82

Self-Ejected
Dumbfuck
If they fix anything, let it be the druid's summoning spells.

As it stands now, the best party in IWD+HoW is any party with 4 or less members including a single class druid, as the summoning spells can take care of anything, making it hard/ impossible to fail even an Ironman game. I haven't tested this in Heart of Fury mode though.

Harold

Arcane
So...what is story mode for IWD exactly? You walk around beautiful 2d paintings with an aura of insta-kill on all your party, you get to talk to the various dungeon bosses, and see the in between chapters cinematics/narrator audio bits? Shit, I'm sure someone can fit all that in a < 1h youtube video. Bonus points if it has a separate commentary track by hamburger helper.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Holy shit, you know what does need a fucking story mode? Planescape Torment, that really needs it.
All you need to do is cheat The Eviscerator into your inventory at the beginning.

octavius

Arcane
Patron

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Well... the only one thing I want from that one is possibility to make more mods (new areas and quests). IwD is good but lack of mods compared to BG is kinda pity.

And seriously - Wizard's Crown and Wizards&Warrior are better target for new edition. That latest could be funny - technical abomination that work randomly on various computer sets + bunch of incompetent people that broke technically solid (no crashing or similiar in '90 is miracle) games.

Story mode for P:T? Just change difficulty setting to lowest possible and you're done.

I wonder if Trent Oster and his team has access to the source code of IWD?
We have full access to the source code of the original game (IWD + HoW + TotLM).

Have you any plans to make Icewin Dale EE more moddable in that case?

Last edited:

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
It does beg the question however... how will they balance kits and spells from BG2 in the IWD environment?
They won't would be my guess, since that's how it was in BG EE from what I've seen. Which is a shame, since character kits would spice up the boring character building of IWD quite a bit if they were introduced with proper care.

Jezal_k23

Thanks guys for the advice. Given the generally positive response to BG EE as it is now, I might get it at some point.

aVENGER

Arcane
Developer
Have you any plans to make Icewin Dale EE more moddable in that case?

IWD:EE is much more moddable than the original Icewind Dale was.

We have unhardcoded a number of features that I think the modders will find very useful. In addition, we have introduced functionality that will allow people to create mods that were previously impossible to make (from a technical standpoint).

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I was like OMG that's so cool, IWD gets a new edition, I'll probably replay it and by that come back to my childhood.

And after that I watched the trailer and remembered that rtwp fucking sucks balls
:whatho:

Jezal_k23

When you set the EEs to 60fps, do they go into super speed like the original games?

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
aVENGER I have one question.

War Chant of Sith. Nerf?

It's in and behaves the same way it did in the original game.

Haha, not sure that's a good thing but okay.

It gets better...

AlexT said:
The unkitted bard gets all the songs from the original Icewind Dale.

The Blade kit only gets the first song. The other kits retain their own specific songs and don't get any of the IWD songs.

aVENGER

Arcane
Developer
aVENGER (last time I'll tag you, I promise), is there going to be more patches for BG2EE like you've done recently with BG1's 1.3? I see tons of people still bitching about the need for a patch to solve some pending problems

Yes, we have a patch for BGII:EE in the works right now.

dukeofwhales

Cipher
I'm sure this will be fine, and, as with the BG EEs, the best way for a newb to get into Baldur's Gate without spending half a day researching and installing mods. I also like the instant quick save and zoom function from the BGEEs.

That said, and I guess this is a minor thing, but the wood interface of IWD felt perfect for the setting. The palette-swapped stone UI is just not the same. :rpgcodex:

Abelian

Somebody's Alt
I'm sure this will be fine, and, as with the BG EEs, the best way for a newb to get into Baldur's Gate without spending half a day researching and installing mods. I also like the instant quick save and zoom function from the BGEEs.
The newb can play the vanilla games from GOG.com before tinkering with mods.

the wood interface of IWD felt perfect for the setting. The palette-swapped stone UI is just not the same.
:bro:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom