Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Torment Beamdog's Planescape: Torment Enhanced Edition

Fairfax

Arcane
Haven't been following Beamdog news so never realised their renowned creative mastermind, Amber Scott, had left. So I guess we won't have the pleasure of her retconning the problematic elements of PST... unless they've found someone even more talented?
There's no way they won't add and change stuff, otherwise all of Beamdog's designers and writers would have nothing to do.

The only way I'm touching this is if they get MCA to do all the writing for any new stuff they add.

But I imagine it's gonna be Gaydar doing it.
He'll work as a consultant and endorse the project. Even if he doesn't work on/like it, he'll never denounce it because some of the people making it are friends.

:negative:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
There's no way they won't add and change stuff, otherwise all of Beamdog's designers and writers would have nothing to do.

They have Gaider's game to work on. They didn't change any content in Icewind Dale.

If this is just meant to be part of a relaunch of some sort for the Planescape setting in general, I could see the enhancement being pretty minimal.

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
screen%20shot%202015-10-21%20at%204.47.23%20pm.png

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
On the positive side, MRY seems to have a new spring in his step now the Codex has a juicier target for its hate :shittydog:
:)

I'm just teasing you guys. I have great repsect and gratitude for Gaider from Bioware days, and I haven't played Beamdog's stuff but if Avellone says it's fantastic, I trust him. It's just fun to see to watch you guys face an enemy who has taken on an even more powerful form even in the moment of your triumph.

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
So what NPC do you think they will add why will he be a transsexual fleeing to the outer planes to avoid persecution?

Fairfax

Arcane

They have Gaider's game to work on. They didn't change any content in Icewind Dale.

If this is just meant to be part of a relaunch of some sort for the Planescape setting in general, I could see the enhancement being pretty minimal.
They changed IWD's gameplay a lot. It didn't have as many changes or additions to narrative elements as BG because it had a lot less in the first place.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

They changed IWD's gameplay a lot. It didn't have as many changes or additions to narrative elements as BG because it had a lot less in the first place.

I'm going to bet (nothing) that they won't change any narrative content other than adding the Unfinished Business cut content stuff from Qwinn's patch. They don't have the balls to do that, definitely not after what happened with SoD. If I'm wrong, feel free to laugh at me.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom