Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Torment Beamdog's Planescape: Torment Enhanced Edition

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
Anyone who buys this game or defends beamdog is a sub-human creature without dignity or intelligence and should be removed from the gene pool before they have a chance to breed.

If you are too lazy or stupid to patch the original Planescape, then you don't deserve to play it, plain and simple.

If you like the additions beamdog made to the original Planescape, then you have shit taste and should not be posting, plain and simple.

Finally, those who shill for Beamdog are almost as bad as Hildabeast supporters and should be appropriately tagged.

I'm still waiting for the zoom-in patch everyone talks about, but no one has ever been able to post it. Could it be because "just patch PS:T" is bullshit, and they are unable to admit Beamdog actually added useful features modded PS:T doesn't have?

From now on Beamdog is officially my favorite company. The amount of butthurt it triggered on Codexers is bigger than any butthurt Bethesda may have triggered. Unsurprising, since it is Baldur's Gate + SJW + Baldur's Gate II + Icewind Dale + Planescape: Torment, vs just Fallout.

You go, Beamdog!

Gunnar

Arbiter
Anyone who buys this game or defends beamdog is a sub-human creature without dignity or intelligence and should be removed from the gene pool before they have a chance to breed.

If you are too lazy or stupid to patch the original Planescape, then you don't deserve to play it, plain and simple.

If you like the additions beamdog made to the original Planescape, then you have shit taste and should not be posting, plain and simple.

Finally, those who shill for Beamdog are almost as bad as Hildabeast supporters and should be appropriately tagged.

I'm still waiting for the zoom-in patch everyone talks about, but no one has ever been able to post it. Could it be because "just patch PS:T" is bullshit, and they are unable to admit Beamdog actually added useful features modded PS:T doesn't have?

You don't need zoom-in for Planescape and wanting to have such a totally useless feature is indefensible and retarded.

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
You don't need zoom-in for Planescape and wanting to have such a totally useless feature is indefensible and retarded.

You didn't need GhostUI's resolution mod either, as I beat the game in 2016 without it, so...

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
For me - and as I said earlier in the thread - the only thing that's of any merit in PS:T-EE is the +pathing routine, +combat log and -portable pop-up.

And the capacity to induce butthurt in purist storyfags who should be vorpaled on-sight, anyway, but that's peripheral.

That's it. The rest of the stuff can be modded in (Qwinn's/widescreen) or simply ignored on the grounds of triviality (e.g, Avellone's tweaking).

And as I said on my blog, I'll always prefer the original. Just as I'll always prefer the original release of most games over the modded versions or remakes, be they amateur or commercial.

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
A post with bolding, italicizing, underlining and capitalization as a crutch, and thread-wide butthurt here and on multiple venues that verges on the attainment of Oneness with Butthurtdom.
lol
That's what these tools are for on the forums, especially when talking to people who can't think rationally. The butthurt is actually on the side of Beamdog ass kissers such as you, you just can't stand when someone will write something not nice about your favourite company, hence your butthurt spam and being so triggered that someone has a different opinion than you. But this irony is lost on you :D.

Instead of being so butthurt yourself explain to me the timing between IE titles being pulled from GOG and Dragonspear's flop and what motive would WotC and GOG have to do that and what motive would Beamdog have and then we can talk. Beamdog is a parasite and that's a fact, they even go as far as hiring Bulgarians, Hungarians, Ukrainians and other Europeans as programmers instead of Canadians because it's much cheaper, I would expect something like this from an indie company and not from a multimillionaire like Oster (unless he pays them Canadian game programmer wages). They are the most unethical company that I know.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
It's a pointless and unneeded addition. Combat is not the focus of the game and is easy enough already.

PS:T has combat. Might as well have a proper combat log instead of just floaty text.

The butthurt is actually on the side of Beamdog ass kissers such as you, you just can't stand when someone will write something not nice about your favourite company

Citation required on my Beamdog ass-kissing. And where do I call them by fave dev? I've criticized them on their own venue, on my blog and here. In my PS:T write-up I told them not to fuck up PS:T-EE, and they haven't, except in the addled minds of teh Gorals.

Self-Ejected

Repulsive

Self-Ejected
Patron

Delterius

Arcane

Gunnar

Arbiter
It's a pointless and unneeded addition. Combat is not the focus of the game and is easy enough already.

PS:T has combat. Might as well have a proper combat log instead of just floaty text.

No. There isn't supposed to be a combat log, that's not the focus of the game. Putting one in detracts from the story oriented design of Planescape and makes it easier than intended. It would be like removing the combat log from a combat oriented game.

Delterius

Arcane

No. There isn't supposed to be a combat log, that's not the focus of the game. Putting one in detracts from the story oriented design of Planescape and makes it easier than intended. It would be like removing the combat log from a combat oriented game.
Actually there's a lot of combat in PS:T. Almost like its a part of the story.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady

The combat log only takes the unreadable globs of floaty text from the playing field and puts them in a neat lil' log. IOW, PS:T already had a combat log but it was plastered all over the screen. It's what the original devs should have done, but didn't. That has a degree of merit. Just like the +pathing and -portable pop-up. Lrn to think.

Here is a pic and quote from my blog:

The contrast between the clear, well-presented dialogue and the mess of combat feedback could not be starker (and reflects the contrast between the role-playing and combat itself, in PS:T):

pst%2Bdialogue.jpg

Gunnar

Arbiter

The mere presence of combat does not make it a combat focused game, similarly, the mere presence of a story in Icewind Dale doesn't make that a story oriented game. Are any beamdog shills going to come up with an argument in this thread that isn't completely stupid?

Delterius

Arcane

The mere presence of combat does not make it a combat focused game, similarly, the mere presence of a story in Icewind Dale doesn't make that a story oriented game. Are any beamdog shills going to come up with an argument in this thread that isn't completely stupid?

Almost like its a part of the story.

a part of the story.

a part

grosstraktor

Novice

There isn't supposed to be a combat log, that's not the focus of the game. Putting one in detracts from the story oriented design of Planescape and makes it easier than intended.

rock_band.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom