Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter BEAUTIFUL DESOLATION - isometric post-apocalyptic adventure from STASIS developer

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Which pop culture references will be abused this time? Ladies and gentlemen, start placing your bets!

Ive got my Mad Max Compendium all lined up!

My God, I actually put " *places 5 blue tokens on Mad Max* " originally in that post before I edited it out :negative:

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Will this be shipped at a higher resolution than stasis?

Stasis look great in the promo shots but the overall visuals were underwhelming due to low res.

Pyke

The Brotherhood
Developer
Cayne is at 1080p, and while technically Desolation will be 4k, it will be optimized to run at 1080p (although the technical specs of Desolation are faaaaaaaaaaaaar off from being finalized.

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Stasis is one of the best adventure games of the decade, so I will definitely play this when it comes out after 10 years. :M

Seeker
In My Safe Space
Is there any chance of rpg elements inclusion, making it an adventure rpg hybrid. +M

Metal Hurlant

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Considering we're now in September and another 3 months of the year left, Kickstarter next year? March, April?

Pyke

The Brotherhood
Developer
Stasis is one of the best adventure games of the decade, so I will definitely play this when it comes out after 10 years. :M

I have to release games to eat now...it speeds up production a little!
Is there any chance of rpg elements inclusion, making it an adventure rpg hybrid. +M

No comment... :D :hype:

Considering we're now in September and another 3 months of the year left, Kickstarter next year? March, April?

Its all dependent on Caynes release - but we are aiming for this year.

Will you be able to ride on the back of mutant giraffes?

*adds to design document*

Better yet, can we eat the giraffes?

*scribbles furiously*

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Are there other instances of monster/mutated giraffes in video games? That might be a first.

First that come to my mind were that strange creatures from Zeno Clash.

1347000986_1.jpg

Longshanks

Augur
Looks amazing of course. Can't help but think that this is how a real Fallout sequel could have looked. It could have had giraffes.

Stasis had its issues, but it was still one of the best AGs of recent years along with Primordia. Definitely looking forward to BD.

Pyke

The Brotherhood
Developer
Looks amazing of course. Can't help but think that this is how a real Fallout sequel could have looked. It could have had giraffes.

Stasis had its issues, but it was still one of the best AGs of recent years along with Primordia. Definitely looking forward to BD.

Thanks! Dont forget that Cayne is coming soon. More horror goodness, and its free!

Pyke

The Brotherhood
Developer
Thanks!

Im trying to get a cool new aesthetic to the design. I loved Stasis - but it was very much a product of its inspirations - For Desolation Im trying for a very unique style and feel - unfamiliar and alien, but still grounded in reality.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom