Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[BENCHMARK] Linux run games faster than M$ spyware/bloatware.

JC'sBarber

Literate

Meanwhile, M$ is fully committed to DIE ideology and is hiring diversity hires to work in their system.
Oh boy, nobody tell him about:
-Suse devs calling ''rotten flesh'' to anyone that doesn't wave the LGBT flag
-Transformers infiltrating the Nix project, permabanning everybody then handling a resignation letter to the owner and he actually signed it
-The Gnome Foundation hiring an actual shaman and making her a manager for some time...
-Red Hat making a ''Here's why white people suck ass:'' presentation
-Several members of Debian being banned for discussing the rainbow flag
And much more than I'm forgetting about...
Yeah Linux is woke as hell, unfortunately. But at least it still has the benefit of being a fully open platform, and as long as Linus "The Bugman" Torvalds is still working on the kernel, there will be some genuine talent involved. The Windows platform is the worst of all worlds.

deama

Prophet
I don't that is the case because among the supercomputers, Linux runs ALL of the 500 most powerful supercomputers in the world ( https://itsfoss.com/linux-runs-top-supercomputers/ ), there are people all over the world working hard to optimize Linux. Meanwhile, M$ is fully committed to DIE ideology and is hiring diversity hires to work in their system.
Obviously I'm not talking about running a quantum/supercomputer.
In that regard I can see linux being obviously better since you can build your own kernel.

OSK

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Tested on a Ryzen with the Windows "bug" that fucked their performance. :lol:
Pathetic penguincucks.

You actually posted in a thread about Linux? I thought you'd only stick to drive-by ratings after how you were embarrassed last time.

In case you don't know Gerrard, he's the biggest Microsoft fanboy on these forums. Once, he felt the need to defend the honor of Microsoft Windows so he decided enter a Linux-specific thread to try to "own" the Linux users... despite not knowing anything about Linux. He pasted some commands for installing fonts and compared it to some drag-and-drop shit on Windows and said "I, too, still use flint to start a fire." Which, I can empathize that using the command line can be difficult for users that suffer from literacy problems, but, after he was shown how fonts can be installed in a manner even easier than on Windows, he decided to argue that Linux was too easy.

Besides, is the prospect of having to unpack an archive too intimidating for the Linux user that you need to have everything in a "content store"?

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

Meanwhile, M$ is fully committed to DIE ideology and is hiring diversity hires to work in their system.
-Transformers infiltrating the Nix project, permabanning everybody then handling a resignation letter to the owner and he actually signed it
-The Gnome Foundation hiring an actual shaman and making her a manager for some time...

There is a huge difference. If Gnome becomes woke, you can use Mate, KDE, LxQT, etc.

M$ in other hands, you have nowhere to run... And if a bunch of incompetent diversity hires start to hurt the Kernel, nothing prevents you to "fork" a "meritocratic kernel".

In case you don't know Gerrard, he's the biggest Microsoft fanboy on these forums. Once, he felt the need to defend the honor of Microsoft Windows so he decided enter a Linux-specific thread to try to "own" the Linux users... despite not knowing anything about Linux. He pasted some commands for installing fonts and compared it to some drag-and-drop shit on Windows and said "I, too, still use flint to start a fire."

So many companies to be fanboy and he chose M$?

Seriously, I respect more Nintendo Fanboys and Apple fanboys than M$ fanboys. Apple at least is popular among thots and Nintendo fanboys are funny as hell(mainly this guy > https://www.youtube.com/@blackcatbooks64 ) I never got why people get butthurt when you criticize their idolized corporation. I like Valve a lot, but I laugh about memes involving Valve and if someone posts a thread comparing Linux with FreeBSD or Mac and saying that Linux is worse for specific case X, I wouldn't get offended over that.

Gerrard

Arcane
Tested on a Ryzen with the Windows "bug" that fucked their performance. :lol:
Pathetic penguincucks.

You actually posted in a thread about Linux? I thought you'd only stick to drive-by ratings after how you were embarrassed last time.

In case you don't know Gerrard, he's the biggest Microsoft fanboy on these forums. Once, he felt the need to defend the honor of Microsoft Windows so he decided enter a Linux-specific thread to try to "own" the Linux users... despite not knowing anything about Linux. He pasted some commands for installing fonts and compared it to some drag-and-drop shit on Windows and said "I, too, still use flint to start a fire." Which, I can empathize that using the command line can be difficult for users that suffer from literacy problems, but, after he was shown how fonts can be installed in a manner even easier than on Windows, he decided to argue that Linux was too easy.

Besides, is the prospect of having to unpack an archive too intimidating for the Linux user that you need to have everything in a "content store"?
You literally embarrassed yourself by saying that navigating a website and extracting an archive is too complicated for the average user.
Retard.

I couldn't give two shits about Pajeetsoft and what happens to them, you cucks on the other hand are undeniable Linux fanboys with mental issues and an inferiority complex.

Gerrard

Arcane
You literally embarrassed yourself by saying that navigating a website and extracting an archive is too complicated for the average user.
Retard.
The average user looks like this:
https://www.pcgamer.com/students-dont-know-what-files-and-folders-are-professors-say/
I don't consider people who grew up with smartphones as members of the same species.
Maybe removing the basics of computer use from grade school teaching program wasn't a good idea.

This is all besides the point of the irony of penguincucks bragging about the perceived superiority of a centralized content depository.

Last edited:

OSK

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Retard.

1. I didn't say that. You can find the discussion here: https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads/osks-very-own-linux-thread-how-cool.146484/page-3#post-8581013
2. Even if I did say that, why would I be embarrassed? That statement is likely true.

I don't consider people who grew up with smartphones as members of the same species.
Maybe removing the basics of computer use from grade school teaching program wasn't a good idea.

Did you just move the goalposts on a fucking argument you made up? You're one dumb fucking Polack. This is why you use Windows.

gooseman

Educated
fork it is a meme and not a solution. no one wants to fucking maintain 10 codebases for life for free because all the devs trooned out or let them be taken over and ran into the ground or simply abandoned them. and then you end up with many dysfunctional permanently in dev unsuable forks, instead of 1 thing that just works and is good. but this isn't exclusive to foss or linux, just that they're supposed to be better than this, yet arent.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
fork it is a meme and not a solution

I agree that is not a perfect solution. But is better than the alternative aka Linux decaying and dying like everything that the egalitarian cult touches.

centralized content depository.

LOL. No. You have many repositories to chose from. The closest thing to a "centralized repository" akin to what M$ wants in their M$ spybloatware is Ubuntu snaps and no one likes it. I can easily edit the repositories in /etc/apt/sources.list or in "Discover"/

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Other advantage of Linux being far more decentralized.

If Nintendo want to remove a M$ spybloatware emulator from the most visited sites in google, is easy for them. They just DMCA google. In Linux, Nintendo would need to DMCA hundreds of Mirrors( https://www.debian.org/mirror/list ) to remove it only from Debian, and some countries like Uruguay and Argentina aren't part of Patent Cooperation Treaty, so good lucky shooting down Yuzu there. In other words, to Install Yuzu, I just needed to open Discover, search Yuzu and install or type apt install yuzu as root. In M$ Spybloatware, Nintendo or M$ can prevent you from installing certain stuff. M$ is already pushing smartapp. In Linux, no one can.

ds

Cipher
Patron
Mirrors mirror what Debian puts in the archive so they would only have to DMCA Debian. And that might even be enough to get other distros to preemptively pull it as well.
And MS isn't preventing you from installing Win32 programs yet (although some Defender definitions are sketchy it can still be disabled).
Linux has plenty of advantages to no need to make shit up.

Melcar

Arcane
Corporate distros usually play it safer and are risk adverse. Sometimes they have external third party repositories for the more problematic software (in terms of licensing) and the user must accept all responsibility. One of the advantages of using more niche distros like Arch and such, as they tend to do whatever they want.

Melcar

Arcane
Niche in that they don't have the users, serve a specific target audience, and/or don't have a corporate backing. Valve uses Arch mainly because it is not tied to any specific corporate entity.

Semiurge

Cipher
I myself did a similar comparison where I've collected game optimizations for like a year for linux doing research here and there, then last year, when I built the new computer, installed linux with all those, and I still got worse performance than a clean install of windows 10, I think it was 5-10% worse or so, so not that big of a deal, but it's there.

But think about what else you got in return. The performance hit is not getting any bigger at least as DXVK and open drivers get better on Linux. Windows on the other hand, is getting worse by each iteration and literally spits at the non-enterprise user.

Like as if I needed another reason to consider SUSE "SUS". They're german, so their cucking-out was just a matter of time.

yeah foss would be a lot cooler if their mentality wasn't just "copy paid stuff but worse" (not as much of a problem, but it happens) and they need some safeguards against transgenders and other narcissistic psychopaths (and corpos) hijacking everything. unfortunately in this world only autistic people work for free and they have very little free will and are easily manipulated. there are also spergy type autists who resist narcissist mind tricks, but they just get character assassinated, like stallman.

Foss draws in too many communists who want to smash capitalist patriarchy. It almost looks as if it's being orchestrated as a pre-emptive measure from big tech or whoever wants to control big-tech.

Maybe they figured that it was a waste of time considering that the zoomer generation's first exposure to computers are the smartphones, which makes it harder for them to adapt to something more "complex". Especially in schools where most kids come from poor families. My generation's first exposure to tech was MS DOS and Windows 3.1, and only yuppies had mobile phones.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom